It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious fireball crashes in Norway

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Just after midnight a fireball at tremendous speed was observed several places over Norway, until it supposedly crashed in Gudbrandsdalen.

- People have seen a fireball that went in a tremendous speed, it was blue in front and behind the orange red. One of them had seen it said that it lit up the whole valley.

I Google translated it from VG:Link

I posted this in Aliens and UFOs since the object is unidentified. Mods pls move if necessary.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
It was a failed missile, just like the spiral was. haha

Interesting...

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by BenDozer

The saiyans are here... great....

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   

How about a Massive German Satalite falling?

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   
They have now a follow up on the story. An astrophysicist(Norways most known) says that he is 100% sure it was a meteorite.

Translated story: Link

Edit: He does not say where he gets his data to support his claim other than the bangs heard was the object breaking the soundbarrier. Until independent or scientific data is presented i would still classify this as an unidentified event.
edit on 19/10/11 by BenDozer because: more text

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   
All these people and no one got a picture?

Pics or didn't happen.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater

It's perfectly normal, fireballs are fast and can't be predicted. By the time you grab your camera or smartphone, the show is over. Most of the fireballs videos you can find on youtube, were made by people that was filming something else at that moment.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

Yeah, I know. I'm guilty. I saw a fireball and didn't have the camera at the time. That way long ago.
Oh well. Have to wait for the next one.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by TerryMcGuire

How about a Massive German Satalite falling?

It wasn't ROSAT. ROSAT is still in orbit and not due to enter the atmosphere for another couple of days yet.

Originally posted by Trueman

Originally posted by Manhater

It's perfectly normal, fireballs are fast and can't be predicted. By the time you grab your camera or smartphone, the show is over. Most of the fireballs videos you can find on youtube, were made by people that was filming something else at that moment.

Agree 100% with the first two lines you wrote, but I disagree that most fireball footage on Youtube was filmed by people filming other things... most of the footage on Youtube was caught by dedicated cameras that are left running all night in the hope of catching meteorite dropping fireballs.

It is however true that the vast majority of the footage posted on Youtube by members of the general public was only caught on camera because the person was filming something else. There is also some footage that has been inadvertently caught by CCTV cameras. I would say at least as much as the previously mentioned category.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeramie
It was a failed missile, just like the spiral was. haha

Interesting...

No it was not elenin debris

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zarxx

The saiyans are here... great....

top topics