It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OWS Protesters: Drop The Charges Or We’ll Tie Up The Courts

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

So they are threatening to tie of the legal system and its a given none of them will be having public defenders since the Tides Foundation funds the NLG a branch of the Soros empire.

You do know the Soros funding connection was thoroughly debunked?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Now, as for the rest of your OP...are you suggesting that those arrested should not be able to contest the charges in court? Wow...things are getting scary amongst the right.

If the courts did not want to be bogged down, maybe they should have not arrested a few hundred people on questionable charges?

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

You are to funny, Soros paying for the lawyers. No, its call the National Lawyers Guild and they do all their work pro bono. So much for deny ignorance, if you would have looked into that you would have found out. Once again nice try.

www.nlg.org...

I even called the New York office to double check.
212 679 6018
edit on 10/10/2011 by herecomesthesun because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by herecomesthesun

What is his angle and deal trying to vehemently connect Soros to this group and will go as far as making things up.

More of this blatant case of misinformation will be reported to the staff here over him being an agent provocateur!

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikemck1976

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

Originally posted by mikemck1976
We have a lot of the same things happing here in Cincinnati, Ohio.
Something tells me we are going to see a lot of these cases all over the nation.
It’s got to be somewhat of a drain on the economy and very counterproductive to say the least.

Occupy Cincinnati sues city over citations

Occupy Cincinnati protesters took their fight to federal court Monday when they accused the police and city officials of violating their free speech rights.

We have a national debt of 16 trillion in actual dollars with projections into the fantasy world of 50-100 trillion on regular compounding interest rates....and a few thousand protesters running thru the courts on petty charges is a concern? There won't be a system left much longer given the first fact..the latter one is trivial by comparison.

I know some people absolutely hate the Occupy movement as hard as others absolutely hate the Tea Party movement...but we're all Americans in the end. Really, it's all the same country and we're all in the same E-ticket attraction heading for a catastrophic accident. Perhaps working to change the movement into something more to each person's liking would be preferable to simply ridiculing it and accepting that train wreck as unavoidable and inevitable. The alternative is what again? Voting Ron Paul...or Cain...or Obama? Hmm.. Okie Dokie.... As if what has failed for the last few decades will suddenly work like magic and the sun will break out to bring sunshine to the world of hurt we're in. I'd love to know how that works in the real world we're all living in.

I was mainly speaking of our local economy here in Cincinnati. We are tapped out as it is. I’m not against the OWS movement (If you had checked out my other threads before going off on your rant, you wouldn't have jumped to that conclusion), but I do feel that it could be more defined on what it wants. I had planned on going down there myself and offering my support last Saturday, but I have been sick with the flu.
edit on 19-10-2011 by mikemck1976 because: Had to add something.

Actually, I wouldn't consider what I said there to be a rant at all and I stand on what I said. I wasn't attacking you, I was disagreeing with the premise of what you did post and link to. Your previous threads not withstanding, this one was the one I was considering when forming my words. I rarely look at the whole body of someone's work in writing past posts because no one else really does either and it's helpful for reference only. People change views and attitudes, sometimes weekly it seems.

One other thing I have to note here.... When posting about the OWS movement, it isn't just a 1:1 thing. It's a 1:world thing. "The World is Watching" isn't a slogan, it's a statement of literal truth, particularly on a site as high tempo as ATS, That means replies to a post I make on this subject are worded with that level of exposure and audience in mind. I'm on another site that shows Unique visitor views to posts made and a recent one on OWS had 10's of thousands of views within a breathtakingly short period of time.

As much as some (not you, given your thread history) would like to ridicule OWS...and for some locations, that is warranted....it's still a movement with a few million people and growing like a summer brush fire. Love it or hate it, the fact it exists sure won't change, as you can agree, I am sure. I personally gave media interviews to 3 media outlets and 5 independent reporters during my time there, and I was rarely anywhere near the area handling media concerns.

To address on-topic, I'll say the fact your area is flat out broke in handling these cases isn't an argument against it, it is THE REASON we're out there freezing our tails off at night and running around like chickens with our heads cut off during the day with almost no sleep in between in these camps, world wide. The whole show is crashing down and we're it for any resistance to it. If your area Occupation looks like a chinese fire drill and ineffective to the extreme, don't ridicule them. Join them and bring ideas and solid guidance as you believe it should be. The General Assembly system of governance allows for it and in fact, was designed with precisely that in mind.
edit on 21-10-2011 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by pirhanna
reply to post by neo96

Well, we can resist injustice & the unmitigated inequity of a few people owning us all, or we can be a tool.
###SNIPPED###

Wow, really... I got censored for what exactly?

Typical random and ridiculous ats censorship. It was so bad that only just about everyone agreed lol
Figures, a certain mod let's the fascists rant against people, but when I say something to defend the people he's attacking, I get censored and warned.

totally ridiculous.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   
I have yet to hear any updates.

Have they tied up the court system yet?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join