It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The celestine prophecy IS FICTION ...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
ok, im a little cheesed at people who keep quoting teh celestine prophecy as some kind of religious guide book.

it is a work o f fiction.

its like using harry potter as a reference. they might be great concepts and awesome ideas but they come from a place of creation within teh authors mind.

there is no dumbldore. no harry...

quoting it, using it as a guide book makes you come across as loose in the screwed areas.

some other peoples opinions.
straightdope

john riley

skeptic dictionary

im glad something made you feel better, but it is fiction. eg.. not real. and on top of that he sold it and hundreds of other mumbo jumbo tapes dvd's and books.

he changed his world by sucking you all in.

in the future i would be more inclined to talk about the general idea you took from this book rather than quote it as a source of power and wonder.

as it said in the first link, it is like tolkien believing in elves and trolls and teaching courses/selling dvd's on how to enter mordor and defeat sauron.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by okamitengu

I'm sorry, are you trying to tell me that Quidditch isn't real!?

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Yeah, thank you for saying it. Had some doings with the author and that "movement" and personally found the man rather neurotic and wishy-washy and the acolytes nowhere near as loving or enlightened as they perceived themselves to be.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Support your position. Just because you are unaware of Shamanic techniques, (of which this one is)...doesnt make it untrue. Or perhaps you just cant do it, or fathom someone who can. I do know several...and its far from being impossible. Quite the opposite. Curious to know why youre so hopped up against it though?

PS Yes of course the writings are fictional, and Its ok to not believe it....but there are many who do and can...see "aura's. Look into that. AURAS

Thanks
edit on 06-10-2010 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
The book is a metaphor, people use it as a reference because they do not know any other way to explain their experiences.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
To me it was just about synchronicity. When you are doing what you are supposed to be doing, for your soul, there will be a synchronicity of events that may seem random but in reality are not. Also, when I make a decision to do something, and things work out easier than anticipated, that to me is also synchronicity. This is what I got out of those books, that they were just saying the correct path will be easy to discern, if not necessarily easy to deal with in the moments.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   
better fiction book than others to be taken seriously.. don't you think?

it could be worse..

top topics

join