It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is an Autocracy the next step in the evolution of America?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I Like Ron Paul's ideals.

However, much of what he wants to do requires full congressional support, Or supreme authority to enact any executive order he wants much like an emperor or king.

We are reaching a crisis point in our civilization. If you study Roman history, which much of our civilization is based on, you see that the Roman republic met almost the same crisis that we are currently living now. Believe it or not, the Roman republic was not the golden age. It was in fact when the republic had morphed into an empire.

Is that the next step for America? in order to pull us out of this depression, will the next president have even more power to enact executive orders than ever before? Is Obama merely helping pave the way for an Emperor of The United States? Seeing as how the Romans were most prosperous during their imperial age, could this usher in a new "Golden Age of America"?

Please bear in mind, those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   

An autocracy is a form of rule in which one person possesses unlimited power... "one who rules by himself"

Hell yeah!! ... so this is more an inner revolution than an external one.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by greenCo

Whatever affects America, affects the world.

As internal, so external.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Congress has given their power and will to the President. This has been occurring for a century. In the last 20 years we have witness a quicking in this process.

I, for one believe Ron Paul as President will put the brakes on this slide into dictatorship.

I, believe Ron Paul will require Congress to take back their role in our Government.

The President already has the power, though the Constitution, to correct the monetary system of the United States. The Treasury Department can begin tomorrow to Print and Coin money backed with Gold and Silver. If you as a citizen were given a choice to use a Federal Reserve Note or a United States Gold piece, I believe each and everyone one of us would choose the gold. This can start immediately if our President really wanted to start repairing the system.

The President already has the Power to stop all armed conflicts and bring all of our solders home. This could happen tomorrow as well.

The President of the United States already has the power and duty to correct many of the problems that this nation faces.

And

Since our President will NOT start the process Tomorrow, you must assume that the direction the United States is heading is the exact direction that the President and Congress want it to.

I, for one think that Ron Paul will change course.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by brokedown

Yes but this is precisely my point, Ron Paul will need more power than any previous president in order to enact real change. Not Obama-Change. here is the catch22, is it possible that to reduce the power in government, he will need more power to do so?

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deafseeingeyedog
I Like Ron Paul's ideals.

However, much of what he wants to do requires full congressional support, Or supreme authority to enact any executive order he wants much like an emperor or king.

We are reaching a crisis point in our civilization. If you study Roman history, which much of our civilization is based on, you see that the Roman republic met almost the same crisis that we are currently living now. Believe it or not, the Roman republic was not the golden age. It was in fact when the republic had morphed into an empire.

Is that the next step for America? in order to pull us out of this depression, will the next president have even more power to enact executive orders than ever before? Is Obama merely helping pave the way for an Emperor of The United States? Seeing as how the Romans were most prosperous during their imperial age, could this usher in a new "Golden Age of America"?

Please bear in mind, those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

ALL I have to say is write your congressmen so that the ideas of Ron Paul's that you like will be backed by congress. Your voice can still be heard. Course this doesn't guarantee they will vote the way you wish, but by them not listening to the people, you'll know who to vote OUT of congress!

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

I appreciate the advice, but when i want my voice heard, i'll buy a bullhorn.

Writing to your congressman is like pissing into the wind.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
The last president who tried to correct this problem, got whacked. JFK, remember him? He was moving to abolish the Fed and smash the CIA. So they got him. Since then, each one knows and is afraid of this. None of them have had the balls to stand up to it. They have slowly, executive order by executive order, amassed more power in the Executive, like unto a dictator already. None of the mouthpieces you think of as presidents has had anywhere near the brainpower to come up with these highly complicated executive orders. They just sign what they are told.

Wanna see what they've got in store for ya next? Check this out: johngaltfla.com...

This brings our little story here to the point where the protesters on Wall Street, two political parties, and financial elites unite in an effort to “save the country” because after all, it is what more than 70% will demand by the time polling has begun when the markets crash and layoffs accelerate. Retirees will become the featured story all day and night on the mainstream media as there are tens of thousands, perhaps millions, who were suckered into the creative refinancing of their homes during the 2004-2007 insanity and now face eviction in their twilight years as income loss and health issues accelerate foreclosures.

The middle aged offspring along with the AARP and other unknown Soros type groups will spring out of the darkness demanding a restoration of lost monies due to the collapse of our financial system and a suspension of foreclosures to prevent the constant bombardment of images of eighty something year old grandmothers begging for change while eating cat food out of a can in the streets. Meanwhile the useful idiots with college degrees in Mauritanian art will demand jobs based not on their qualifications, but their degree which requires the repayment of loans now in the possession of guess who; that’s right that United States government and I.R.S.

By marrying the two groups together over the past two decades, the left has achieved an astonishing victory thus far insuring that the middle shall be squeezed, as it has throughout history, to choose alliances of convenience to survive rather than persevering to protect and correct the Constitutional system our Founding Fathers created. All that would be needed to guarantee a coup for the Progressives and the extremists is a situation which causes the monied class to engage in support for radical change.

Thus, enter the financial crisis re-emerging to bring about the cries for real change

edit on 18-10-2011 by CaptChaos because: add quote

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Not only that, but even JFK tried to do some of the things Ron paul wants to do... but that didn't end well. The silver certificate idea would have abolished the fed.

Perhaps RP is thinking of following JFK's footsteps?

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by RisenAngel77

Not only that, but even JFK tried to do some of the things Ron paul wants to do... but that didn't end well. The silver certificate idea would have abolished the fed.

Perhaps RP is thinking of following JFK's footsteps?

On that note ***strong language***:

new topics

top topics

join