It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does astrology really fit who you are ?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Nurelic

What are ya, Wood, Fire, Water, Earth or Metal ?

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Oh, I guess it's, Water, Wood, Fire, Earth, Metal. Thaz bees the right order.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by LilDudeissocool
reply to post by Nurelic

What are ya, Wood, Fire, Water, Earth or Metal ?

Fire, which is a total contrast to the watery Pisces.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Nurelic

I'm a Foghorn Leghorn and a crab!

LH27 is a Wood I believe and a Gemini..... greenwood.

Yours iz cool cuz its fire and water inspiring thoughts of a sunset on the horizon of the sea.

Hey, speaking of which, check this out

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by LilDudeissocool

Wow, that was awesome! And as if surfing wasn't cool enough, then they add the flare aspect to it... nice.

hmm... so your a Rooster-Cancer... interesting combo.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllUrChips

Originally posted by LogiosHermes27

Originally posted by AllUrChips
Not even close for me usually never is though. Astrology is kinda like the bible or nostradamus prophesies, you can make correlations till the cows come home if you look hard enough.

Whats your sign AllUrChips ?

Well If I didnt know anybody Id say you were hitting on me! jk I am an aries

Oh man, you are such a typical aries! Just reading your posts..... I could have guessed!

I am an aquarius, and it fits me to a T. I used to get into the sun signs many moons ago, and do have a pretty good ability to guess people signs. Obviously not always, there's alway tha opposing sign under them that can get in the way.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Nurelic

Interesting, yes, because they don't fit together.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   

reply to post by ButtUglyToad

I seen the movie, but I am not making the connection to my question. Here is what I am talking about...

Think . . . dates.

Ribbit

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nurelic
I am a Pisces and the year of the Tiger. Both describe me to a tee. 100% indeed. The two are very different from each other but when combined, create a whole new unique personality.

Here's a link that shows all of the 144 combined zodiac signs...

suzannewhite.com...

I too am a Tiger and was a Pisces but kNow an Aquarius.

Roar!

Ribbit

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Without a doubt, true Arien here. I went through most of my life not even paying attention to what my sign was but about 7 years ago I "rediscovered" under what sign I was born. As a solipsist, it makes perfect sense what I am because it always felt like the universe was created for me.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   

I get the premise of the movie. I am wondering, what you think of geometry as it relates to numerology? In ancient Babylon numerology was translated into geometry to create prophetic blueprints. For example in astrology the symbols are based on patterns that ancient people interpreted in the shapes the imagined lines illustrated between the stars. More modern interpretations could be the "Big Dipper" which could be interpreted to predict a great flood or climate change of a desert into a lush paradise. This is how the ancients thought. Astrological signs influencing events and creating personality traits of individuals as some still think. Numerology was born out of making the same assumptions beginning in Babylon at the dawn of civilization and mathematics. Their number system is what numerology is based on. Number create patterns and patterns create symbols thought to have great power. I just wanted to get your take on the origins of numerology as a numerologist.

As far as the movie the only connection I see between it and my question is using numbers to predict the future. Since math is a constant. That means the outcome are set in stone so to speak and if predetermination is true then all course of events are a mathematical inevitable pattern thus be predicted if the patten can be plotted mathematically.

I don't know if you have been taught how to draw shapes using the system employing the face of a clock, if not here is a quick example. 8, 12, 4, 10, 2, and back to 8 makes a five pointed star. You can solve math problem beyond that creating geometrical calculators Babylonians invented and used. That's what I am talking about in basic terms. Then you can get into algorithms on the other end of the complication spectrum which requires a grid of clock faces and then even stacking them spacing them the same distance numbers 1-12 are spaced on the faces of the clocks. That's how you get right angles, 3D representations etc, and the hubs can be utilized as well along with minutes and seconds, fractions of even getting down as precise as you wish. The point is no matter how complicated the equation all create a pattern, or interconnected patterns, some dynamic in nature where the pattern evolve. Said that there is a master design that encompasses all possibilities. In that case it could very well be a map to the future in one could read the geometrical tapestry . Fanciful, yeah, but intriguing nonetheless I think. So again, my question? I don't have the opportunity very often to converse with a numerologist.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   
PS The hub is zero. Multiple faces would be for example, the next face being 13-24 and so on, but you just assign a numerical value to each face so you don't have to write large numbers on the clock faces later on in the progression. Note: You work out from a center and use the clock face template to organize them as in a series like a snowflake that can be infinite. You can also arrange them in 3D.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Oh and one more thing. You have to arrange the multi faces in a spiral of course. Remember equal spacing. You'll see why there are 5 minutes between each number on a face of a clock. Think a soccer ball pattern. Hexagons and pentagons. 5 and 6 reveling how the value of 144 relates to the value of 360. It's all pattern designs.

edit on 29-10-2011 by LilDudeissocool because: I added content.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   

I get the premise of the movie. I am wondering, what you think of geometry as it relates to numerology? In ancient Babylon numerology was translated into geometry to create prophetic blueprints. For example in astrology the symbols are based on patterns that ancient people interpreted in the shapes the imagined lines illustrated between the stars. More modern interpretations could be the "Big Dipper" which could be interpreted to predict a great flood or climate change of a desert into a lush paradise. This is how the ancients thought. Astrological signs influencing events and creating personality traits of individuals as some still think. Numerology was born out of making the same assumptions beginning in Babylon at the dawn of civilization and mathematics. Their number system is what numerology is based on. Number create patterns and patterns create symbols thought to have great power. I just wanted to get your take on the origins of numerology as a numerologist.

As far as the movie the only connection I see between it and my question is using numbers to predict the future. Since math is a constant. That means the outcome are set in stone so to speak and if predetermination is true then all course of events are a mathematical inevitable pattern thus be predicted if the patten can be plotted mathematically.

I don't know if you have been taught how to draw shapes using the system employing the face of a clock, if not here is a quick example. 8, 12, 4, 10, 2, and back to 8 makes a five pointed star. You can solve math problem beyond that creating geometrical calculators Babylonians invented and used. That's what I am talking about in basic terms. Then you can get into algorithms on the other end of the complication spectrum which requires a grid of clock faces and then even stacking them spacing them the same distance numbers 1-12 are spaced on the faces of the clocks. That's how you get right angles, 3D representations etc, and the hubs can be utilized as well along with minutes and seconds, fractions of even getting down as precise as you wish. The point is no matter how complicated the equation all create a pattern, or interconnected patterns, some dynamic in nature where the pattern evolve. Said that there is a master design that encompasses all possibilities. In that case it could very well be a map to the future in one could read the geometrical tapestry . Fanciful, yeah, but intriguing nonetheless I think. So again, my question? I don't have the opportunity very often to converse with a numerologist.

I've never heard of geometry being related to a clock or numerology but I can see it. One of the things I've noticed is reciprocal clock math. Starting at 60 and going backwards to halfway (30), when you hit a prime number, then subtract it from 60, it's always a prime, except the first one because 1 isn't considered a prime, yet it actually is. Also, all twin primes are reciprocal, except the single digit twin primes and 11:

60 -59 = 1
60 - 53 = 7
60 - 47 = 13
60 - 43 = 17
60 - 41 = 19
60 - 37 = 23
60 - 31 = 29

Another interesting occurence is 23's reciprocal, which is 37 and 3 & 7 are two numbers of the Illuminati Trinity, which are the top 3 numbers of the Illuminati:

#1: 13
#2: 11
#3: 3, 7, & 23

If you look closely, you'll notice the first two add up to 24, which there are 24 hours in a day, then 37 + 23 = 60 and there are 60 minutes in an hour and 60 seconds in a minute. So the Illuminati Trinity has a tie into our measurement of time and that was one thing I've missed until now.

I wonder if crop circles have any tie into clock geometry?

Ribbit

Ps: Predestined IS.

Pps: I just noticed an interesting numerology pattern of the reciprocal clock math:

60 -59 = 1 (5 & 1)
60 - 53 = 7 (8 & 7)
60 - 47 = 13 (2 & 4)
60 - 43 = 17 (7 & 8)
60 - 41 = 19 (5 & 1)
60 - 37 = 23 (1 & 5)
60 - 31 = 29 (4 & 2)

Combined, they each are 6's, obviously since they would total 60, which is a 6 numerologically, but individually there are no 3's or 6's or 9's but other than 3, no prime's numerology is a 3, 6, or 9.

edit on 30-10-2011 by ButtUglyToad because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by ButtUglyToad

Originally posted by Starwise

Originally posted by Q2IN2Y
I'm more of a numerology man.

What people don't know about Astrology is that there are three main signs that govern you.

Sun, Moon, Ascendant.

Most people just read the sun, and ignore or they are never aware of the others.

But I enjoy numerology more. I use some of the concepts of Pythagoras (The core concept numbers - Life Path - Expression - Soul Number - Personality Number - Maturity Number) but I use the calculation methods of Chaldean numerology.

Still running tests with this method. So far, it's been pretty accurate in describing the potential of others.

My avatar is my Numerology profile according to this method.

Oh yeah, my sun sign is Scorpio in Sidereal. In the tropical Zodiac, it's Libra/Scorpio cusp.
My moon sign is Taurus, and my rising is Aries.

In The tropical zodiac, my moon sign and ascendant are on cusps, so I'm just a metaphysical mutt lol.

OHHHHH I LOVE NUMEROLOGY!!! Numbers are so much fun!! I cant wait until 11-11-11

It will be interesting:

11/11/2011 = 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 0 + 1 + 1 = 8 = 2^3 = 23

But don't expect Doom, expect something good to happen that day.
23's aren't always about Doom.

Ribbit

We add 11's up, they don't. 11's stay 11's and 11 is a chaos number for them.
edit on 30-10-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   
I'm a Cancer, in sidereal Gemini, and always thought I was more Gemini, far more air, and liked amethysts, blue and yellow, and in age, far more fickle too, don't like being penned and want to move rapidly above. However, some things seem like Cancer a bit. How can you tell which one to choose? Also , the air could be because in western I have Aquarius Rising and Taurus moon, though don't resemble a Tauran. In Chinese the Rabbit.

I just did some research and its interesting had never read this.

www.millifluer.com...
Western Sideral.

I prefer Sideral, real time. Gemini was overhead.

I love agates!!! As much as amethysts. Blue calcite, calcite is pineal crystal. And the walnuts, hazlenuts, coffee!

The third phase of Gemini is the Little Dog Canis Minor, who yaps from the 5th till the 15th of July. Its associations suggest it is in fact The Laughing Dog; Emerson called the dog The God of Frolic. Those people and relationships born under these stars are very bright and inventive, genius, and ahead of their time.

I looked this up. Kind of surprised to see what I though it was, Procion White supergiant star.

So one is the constellation and one is where the sun is in, so in a sense you'd be both.

astrologyforthesoul.com...

Some people say that your Western chart is more “earthy” and represents your personality and your Vedic chart is more “heavenly” and represents your soul. This makes some sense due to the relative vantage points in terms of distance. In other words, the stars are further away than our Sun, which is the closest star.

On the other hand, this seems to imply that your Western chart is more grounded in practical matters on Earth, and your Vedic chart is more spiritual and ethereal. Whereas, the opposite could be argued to be the case because your Vedic chart is related to the actual observable fixed stars and your Western chart is symbolic. This is why some argue that your Vedic chart can be so accurate for prediction with actual events on Earth and your Western chart is better for describing the psychological effects the actual events may have on your psyche.

That acutally makes sense, ie personality a bit more like a cancer but not my spirit or consciousness.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99

Originally posted by ButtUglyToad

Originally posted by Starwise

Originally posted by Q2IN2Y
I'm more of a numerology man.

What people don't know about Astrology is that there are three main signs that govern you.

Sun, Moon, Ascendant.

Most people just read the sun, and ignore or they are never aware of the others.

But I enjoy numerology more. I use some of the concepts of Pythagoras (The core concept numbers - Life Path - Expression - Soul Number - Personality Number - Maturity Number) but I use the calculation methods of Chaldean numerology.

Still running tests with this method. So far, it's been pretty accurate in describing the potential of others.

My avatar is my Numerology profile according to this method.

Oh yeah, my sun sign is Scorpio in Sidereal. In the tropical Zodiac, it's Libra/Scorpio cusp.
My moon sign is Taurus, and my rising is Aries.

In The tropical zodiac, my moon sign and ascendant are on cusps, so I'm just a metaphysical mutt lol.

OHHHHH I LOVE NUMEROLOGY!!! Numbers are so much fun!! I cant wait until 11-11-11

It will be interesting:

11/11/2011 = 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 0 + 1 + 1 = 8 = 2^3 = 23

But don't expect Doom, expect something good to happen that day.
23's aren't always about Doom.

Ribbit

We add 11's up, they don't. 11's stay 11's and 11 is a chaos number for them.

The numerology doesn't change:

11/11/2011 = 11 + 11 + 2 + 0 + 11 = 35 = 3 + 5 = 8 = 2^3 = 23

Ribbit

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   
All I see is 11 11 11, and you could go 2 11 three times, but the 11 is a prime number. And it has too much significance for them to add it to anything. We could even say its a stargate frequency. I don't mind adding it. 5 is OK. I think that was my number. I understand 22 is left alone too.

Also from what I see if its a chaos number, then make strong positive wishes. Because the Light is always there and we have to be frequency matches to openings, so I suggest seeing the highest most wonderful things on any 11's.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   
11:11 also represents the 4 seasons and the 4 'ele'ments, thus the 4 fixed zodiac signs...

Spring: Taurus (Earth)
Summer: Leo (Fire)
Fall: Scorpio (Water)
Winter: Aquarius (Air)

The two dots ( : ) in 11( : )11 or any time for that matter, signify the masculine and the feminine (duality)
edit on 30-10-2011 by Nurelic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   
I would really like to be one who says astrology is hogwash, and has absolutely no basis, because scientifically, it doesn't. But the correlations are there nonetheless.

I am a Capricorn and fit the bill to a T. I know the argument that these are worded in a way that anyone can find themselves in any sign, but that just doesn't seem true. The descriptions can be completely opposing- in some cases there is just no way that a person can see themselves in two totally opposing signs, unless they were schizoid!
If you handed someone who knows me a paper with all the descriptions of the signs on it, without any indication of which description is for which sign, they'd still be able to pick out the one that is mine.

It is like this for all my family. My husband is a Taurus with Taurus rising, and could be the posterboy for the Taurus sign- he's like Ferdinand the Bull from the childrens book! There is no way anyone could mistake him for a Scorpio, for example.

And even daily horoscopes, it has always seemed to me that they can be eerily accurate. I spent years having the hobby of reading my horoscope the day after- just to see if it had anythign to do with the day it was written for, after it happened. (eliminating the risk of reading it then steering events into the direction described subconsciously) and with time I became convinced that there was something to this.

But I will willingly nod to all those that insist there is absolutely no rational explanation for it.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join