It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Do You Insert An Avatar?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Greetings brethren,

I have a humble and simple request, I hope, for you the fore-runners of this marvelous place. How do I insert an avatar picture and one in my "signature"? I am very confused at how all of this technology works, however, I hope that you all will be able to explain it to me. Knowledge is power!

Cheers,
Destiny Fulfilled.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by TheTrueBeliever

First, you have to find a pic you want to use and save it to the your computer. Make sure your avatar is the right size.

ATS Avatars should be no larger than 170 pixels wide by 240 pixels tall, with a maximum file size of 75kb.

Next, you have to click on the TOOLS button on the userbar up top. Once you click that, hit the far right button labled UPLOADS and this will take you to your uploads page. From there, you click the SELECT IMAGE FILE button and this will make a pop-up of the pics in your computer where you can select the pic you want to upload to your account.

Once your pic is uploaded, click on the pic in your gallery and click the button labled AVATAR under the picture. This will take you to your profile page where the avatar will be pre-loaded for you. Then all you have to do is hit SUBMIT next to where it says "Update Avatar:" and you should be set.

Good luck and I hope that made sense.

edit on 10/18/11 by FortAnthem because:

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Brethren,

By the Alien Brothers, my blessings as a sign of gratitude! But there still appears to be a problem, my "signature" as you beings call it is not appearing. May you aid me with this problem?

Cheers,
Destiny Fulfilled.
edit on 18-10-2011 by TheTrueBeliever because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Thanks for the clear explanation. Bingo I have an Avatar!!!

Peace

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   

If you want to put a small pic in your sig (and it has to be REALLY small), all you have to do is copy the "embed in ATS" code and paste it into your sig box in your profile page.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by MasseyFerguson49

Also (and for the OP) this is an oldie, but goodie. Oldie, because some of the media portal screens have changed...it is actually a bit more intuitive now, but you can glean hints anyway:

How to Make and Upload your AVATAR to your ATS profile. Step By Step Guide

Compare to the latest news:

New, Fully Integrated, ATS Member Upload utility (UPDATED: and more info)

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Brothers,

I seem to be having difficulties, the picture I am using is rather small "130 Pixels by 50 pixels" where 50 is the height. It still is not showing, what is the size for the picture to show for "signatures" by brethren? Much appreciation and blessings.

Cheers,
Destiny Fulfilled.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   

ATS Signature Images should be no larger than 600 pixels wide by 70 pixels tall, with a maximum file size of 50kb.

I just noticed that there is a SIGNATURE button in the media page (far right) after you click on the picture. I guess if you click on this after selecting your image, you can add it just like you did the avatar.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Use only the name of the image, no need to use the full address.

Instead of "http‍://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/img/hc4e9e684e.jpg" use only "hc4e9e684e.jpg"

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ProudBird

That's really helpful. Thanks for links!!!

Peace

new topics

top topics

join