It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something tells me this guy won't be getting any "Dad of the Year" awards anytime soon.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
But hey, at least he wasn't drinking and driving.

Like the government propaganda says: always use a designated driver.

Alleged drunken dad brags to cashier about letting daughter, 9, drive van

The officer asked the girl why she was driving the van, and she said her father always lets her drive, the report said.

The girl asked the officer why she was pulled over, saying she was “driving great” and did not do anything wrong. The officer told her she was too young to drive.

The report said the father’s eyes were bloodshot and glassy, and the officer could smell a strong odor of intoxicants.

When asked if he had been drinking, the father told police that he had a few drinks.

The father told police that he let his 9-year-old drive because it “was 3 a.m. and no one was on the road.”

“Wouldn’t you let your kid drive?” the man asked the officer.

Malcom Daily

The coolest thing of all about this story is that he let her drive around in the A-team van. How awesome is that?

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

I just saw this on Fox 5 news.
She drives really good for a child!
Still not right though.
Children lack the experience, BOTH of them could have been killed!.
edit on 18-10-2011 by GmoS719 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Sad but she probably drives so great because she's been responsible for hauling around her drunk a@# dad around for a long time. Too much responsibility for a little child.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I want to know how long a 9 year old has been driving, that she asks the officer why, because "she didn't do anything wrong". How does she know that? She have a few years under her belt already?

Fail as a dad on the letting her drive while he is drunk part, big time

Can't say it about her age though, I was a year younger. Country roads and sober parents. Although it was just steering....

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Whether it was a good idea or not, I don't think he should have been charged with child abuse. There's another thread about some kid wanting to be a girl and his parents are giving him hormone blockers, I think that is more child abuse. Letting the girl drive, perhaps child endangerment? I dunno, besides she seems to drive way better than most people who do have a license lol

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by chiefsmom
I want to know how long a 9 year old has been driving, that she asks the officer why, because "she didn't do anything wrong". How does she know that? She have a few years under her belt already?

Fail as a dad on the letting her drive while he is drunk part, big time

Can't say it about her age though, I was a year younger. Country roads and sober parents. Although it was just steering....

Maybe her dad said it's ok for her to drive as long as she doesn't do anything wrong.
In fact she was doing something wrong; driving without a license.
Poor Girl, a SLAVE to a SLOB!

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
They said he was charged with 2nd and 4th degree child abuse a few days later.

I guess it took them that long to figure out that they couldn't nab him for DUI, so I guess that part of his plan worked out for him.

Makes you wonder where the mom is in all of this; Are they separated, did she know about her daughert driving or is she out of the picture somehow?

Poor kid, having to chauffer around her dad who had been drinking wiskey since morning, if you can believe the news account. I hope she has some family members who can take proper care of her.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
If they were both in a moving vehicle, I would rather it be her behind the wheel. I like how after her dad tells the clerk she drove all the way to the store the little girl adds proudly, "And I parked."

Indeed...that parking business can be tricky.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
The girl had been romoved from the mother for neglect.

The 911 call came in the wee hours of the morning, I think they said 3:30 am, on "The View" this morning, when they discussed this case, begging the question; "Why was this 9 year old girl awake at this hour, and not in bed?"

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Well she will not have a problem getting a license when she is old enough. The sad part is she is a better driver at the age of 9 than a lot of fools out there 2 ,3 or 4 times her age.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword
The girl had been romoved from the mother for neglect.

So, it was decided that she was better off with her alcoholic father than with her mom, wonderful. Makes you wonder how bad mom was by comparison.

It is nice to see how proud her father was of her driving skills but, you know he has serious judgment problems letting a tiny child drive that big van at her age, no matter how well she drives. The story said she had to use a booster seat to drive. I wonder if she needed and additional help to reach the pedals in that big van.

Also, if you look at her parking in the video, you can see that she's driving like an old person, with her face right up against the steering wheel. I would hate to think what would have happened to her if she bumped into anything and the airbag deployed.

top topics

join