It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If World War Three Broke Out, What Would You Do? (Opinions Please).

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Firefly_

No intelligence at all. I have followed your posts and threads with interest and have no qualms in stating that you are an unintelligent troll who has nothing more constructive to say than 'English/British people are uncivilised/ thugs /wolves / name your derogatory 'term'.

You offer no intelligence to any of your posts, purely opinions which are racist at best...

Firefly, you really are a true 'British Redneck' and that is a term that belittles Rednecks.

You are scum.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by crimsonred

I think I would start my own WWIII against rudeness and insulting trolls.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Nail: Meet head.

Originally posted by quedup
The next war will continue until the population has been reduced enough according to their agenda - that's how long it will take.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
As for questions 1-4 I'm not even going to speculate the how, the who, or the when. Though if have to make a guess, I would say Germany. Third times the charm right?

I'm just kidding by the way, I honestly don't know.

As if my country would ask? I doubt they would ask more like drafted. Which I think I would be able to avoid. I have a good streak of dumb luck. Things just work out for me. I might join up if I thought the war was justifiable, though try to join something were I wouldn't see combat. I'm not as eager as most males my age to "see some action".
edit on 10/17/2011 by Mcupobob because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I wonder at all the people who would head for the hills, and bug out - there are going to be a lot of you on the trails and in your caves - what about the people who already live in the area and are bugging in ? They'd have you in their sights - for sure. As for moving to another country to escape - you;d just be another illegal target - anyone whose different will be seen as enemy.

In all of the current warring situations (and I bet they see the destruction of their way of life as ww3 already) its always the migrants, emigree workers who are the first targets for suspicion.

Personally I'd load up with provisions asap - change any currency into gold or silver, gather my family around me and hope that the relationships I've built up with my neighbours are enough to get us through the immediate crisis. I don't live in a city and won;t be called up (age, sex).

It's worrying that international conflicts seem to arise from such petty disagreements and xenophobia - but so it has always been - don;t know currently what alliances are really in place if anything really kicks off - even here in europe, as has been seen with the current financial crisis each individual country is looking out for their own interests.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by crimsonred

Do my words hurt you? Do they strike a nerve? I think the London riots proved my point but people still live in denial. Just you wait until society disintegrates, you will see how the animals behave when released back into the wild. I do not despise every single person in this country and there are some very good people. Unfortunately these are in the minority.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   
If a truly global war breaks out, we will all be affected in some way, so there is not much we can do about it. I have served my 20 years and am now to old to be recalled.

I will continue my normal daily routine for as long as I can. My house is in a rural area and it is unlikely to be bombed. If my neck of the woods was to be occupied by enemy troops, I would resist to the best of my abilities, although I think this would be highly unlikely.

Shorty answer, do the baest I can and keep my family as safe as possible.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by WickettheRabbit

You forget that WW3 will be very far removed from WW2 - it wont be air raid sirens you hear going off, but incoming ICBM's you are taking cover from.... probably only the one time.

It wont be men with guns and patriotism behind them coming to kill you before you kill them, it will be men with remote controls and a complete apathy towards you.

It will be very very different.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
This is just my opinion, of course.
I have had this opinion for about 2 years. I have not been on ATS very long, but on other forums people called me crazy for even suggesting that there would be war with Iran, that was about a year and a half ago and since then, I see the pieces falling in place... so here is what I think will happen.
I believe it will begin this winter - US winter time - right around the corner.
I think WW3 will be between US and Iran and of course the countries that back each.
I think it is already gearing up, and has been for at least 2 years, with massive weapons/equipment sales to places like Saudi Arabia and multiple sanctions and moving around of forces and ships.
I think the war will really kick off when major unrest in Iran is at it highest point and the US and/or UN will use this to enter Iran, claiming humanitarian issues and/or threat to national security. The US will take the interventionist stance, and they will say, as they always do, sanctions of Iran do not work.
I think our involvement will be to support/incite the unrest of Iran.
I think our drones and weapons will enter Iran before the troops do.
In 2012, when they say they are starting to move troops out of Iraq, the boots will hit the ground in Iran around that time. We will then be saying that nuclear weapons are a major threat because of the unrest and we have to go in there and get them.
I think it will last quite a while and we will be locked into it for a few years, 3 or more, and we will be stuck trying to find a way out.

Its just a theory, I am sure it has some holes and flaws in it, but that is the general idea of what I think will happen.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by mileslong54

You still ARE an eagle scout, like me. You never cease to be an eagle scout right? Because you carry those skills with you your whole life. Where do you wanna go? I'll meet you there!

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gwampo
reply to post by mileslong54

You still ARE an eagle scout, like me. You never cease to be an eagle scout right? Because you carry those skills with you your whole life. Where do you wanna go? I'll meet you there!

What does the Scout manual say about protecting yourself from biological and chemical weapons? Because the enormous stockpiles of most developed countries; will be used.

To be blown to smithereens in WW3 will be a blessing rather than die a painful and lengthy death due to...

* Chemicals that blister: sulphur mustard, lewisite, nitrogen mustard, mustard-leweisite, phosgene-oxime.

* Chemicals that affect the nerves: VX, Sarin, Soman, tabun, novichole agents.

* Chemicals that cause choking: cholrine, phosgene, diphosgene, chloropicrin.

* Chemicals that affect the blood: herygem, cynanide, cynaogen chlorine.

Topic...when ww3 breaks out, I'll probably start praying for forgiveness of my sins, of which there are many.

edit on 18-10-2011 by whaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
I am not here to offend or disrespect any of you, if I do I apologize in advance.
I haven't read all of the replies to this very interesting thread, (6 or 7), but the idea of 'heading for the hills' is a little silly. What scares me almost as much as a nuclear/biological attack on a major U.S. city is having thousands or millions of panicked people running around with loaded guns. I think I would stay right where I am, stock up on supplies and hope for the best. As far as joining the Army and fighting..... yeah I would. The U.S. may not be perfect, but it's the best damn country in the world. For all of you Americans who hate this country so much you do know that you are free to leave any time you want!
As far as a time frame I think we are witness to the begining of WWIII right now. The recent accusations made by the U.S. against Iran may have lit the fuse. Iran has stated that more sanctions imposed against them will be considered by them an act of war. We are provoking them, you can only tease a rabid dog so many times before it bites.
I think Iran will make the mistake of striking against the U.S. first, that is what we want.....

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

I'm going to survive longer than you LOL.

You are more like a... nubscout

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Lol if WW3 occurs in my lifetime I'm taking my loved ones and heading to our own little slice of Appalachia or further south into some nice deep canyons to wait things out and survive if we can. Fighting for my tribe (oops, I mean nation) isn't an option in this day and age. WW3 will most likely see nuclear warfare to some degree, so what would there be to protect? A home that may have been vaporized whilst you away fighting on foreign soil? To hell with that.

The only things I'll fight for are the ones I love, the freedoms I love and freedom in general; never for a government that means zilch in such a scenario.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by ALOSTSOUL

-(Timeline) When do you think it will start?:

It already has.

-Who do you think it will be between?

USA / China/ Russia /North Korea/South Korea/Taiwan/ Iran/India/Pakistan/Canada/Mexico/Israel

-How destructive do you think it will be?

Total destruction of the modern world

-How long do you think it will last?

A total of around 20 or so years.

About you:

-Would you go overseas to fight if your country ask you?

I would not qualify for military service as I am getting old,
however if I was asked and I thought it was a move to save the USA and the world, I would do it, yep.

-Do you think you could stand the horror of war, both on the line and at home?

Yep, I think I could. Especially if we were invaded,
that would be way more than enough motivation for me.
I feel sorry for any country that tries.

-Thank you.

You are welcome!
edit on 23-10-2011 by Darkblade71 because: grammer

edit on 23-10-2011 by Darkblade71 because: forgot about Israel

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
About WWIII:

-(Timeline) When do you think it will start?
When NATO splits or have any kind of military alliance with similar firepower. No, China+Russia isnt capable of taking on NATO.

The hole world is involved, i cant guess how many sides will be. BUT that missile shield in Europe is a good reason, specially if China think it will be capable of destroying its missiles.

WORLD war? Lets just say there would be anywere in the world untouched by the next WW.

Maximum 3 years of conventional, then hell breaks loose.

About you:

No, my country is a sham.

-If yes/no to the above, why?
My country dont even try to hide the fact it work for corporations and rich people in general... if there is a war is not a "commom man" war, is a "rich" war, so they can solve it themselfs.

Since i would be at home, im sure i could. I mean, it would be restricted to rationing of food/meds/eletricity and problably freedom, but yeah, i could endure. (im not saying i would surelly survive, just IF i survive i could do it)

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   
It seems that the beginnings of world war three are presently underway. The pieces are falling into place. You will not be told when hostilities begin to hit your countries. i do not think that nukes will be used however chemical and biological weapons will be. The hostilities will be so fast that people will not have time to prepare. Also some of the hidden weapon technology will be used. Iran is perhaps one of the leaders in this technology. The U.s and Israel will probably start this war expecting to just walk into Iran. Iran will use possibly pulse beam tech and destroy many planes and missiles they will then destroy some U.S navy ships. The U.S will then bring some of its high tech out. Massive earthquakes will hit Iran also pulse beam weapons will be used. this will irritate the Russians and Chinese. China will possibly take both Japan and all of Korea and move in to take most of Africa. Russia will move into take back a lot of eastern Europe and some of the middle east. Things will seam to settle down for a few months after this and people will think that this is the new norm. Then one day out of the blue one side will attack the other this will bring full scale warfare. Tesla technologies as well as chemical and biological weapon will be used amass. This war will be stopped by the coming earth changes as this will be the only thing that will stop us annihilating ourselves. There are many prophecies about this and not just in the bible

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by ALOSTSOUL
With humanity stepping ever closer to the 'Last world war', I would like to ask ATSer's a few questions that will help me come to a overall conclusion of people opinions on the matter.

About WWIII:

-(Timeline) When do you think it will start?

About you:

-If yes/no to the above, why?

Thank you.
ALS

In response to your first series of questions. I believe WWIII has already started, and has been ongoing since September 11. Now, don't get me wrong because the affects are not as widespread and as debilitating as WWII by any standards. However, nation states are ever increasing their defense budgets, alliances are being made, widespread deployments by the US and other nations around the world, multiple potential flashpoints, economic warfare between the world powers, and many other tell tale signs that there is an ongoing world conflict. The lines are being drawn as I write.

Fortunately for all of us, this conflict has not gone hot. We need to realize that the major powers are practically at each others' throats. There is definitely a morose feeling of dread on the world stage, and the recent economic uncertainty is fine example of that. Right now it is just a staring contest, but at anytime it could change. It could be tomorrow, a week from now, or even a year until something big happens. One day during the course of the staring contest someone is bound to blink, and all hell will break loose. Just read the tea leaves. It will be the most devastating conflict in all recorded human history, and will probably go nuclear with time. Once the toothpaste is out of the tube it is impossible to put it back in. Lets hope that doesn't happen, but it seems the stage is being set. Who will it be against? Take your pick and could be started by China, the US and its allies, and Russia. Those are the countries that can pull the world into a global meat grinder. How long will it last? That is the million dollar question, but I think it will end in a matter of minutes when the ICBMs begin to fly.

Now in response to your last series of questions. Would I go over seas to fight if I was called to do so? I wouldn't have a choice if there was a draft. However, I am a veteran and have done my time. Personally, I don't think my number would be called, but desperate time deserve desperate measures. Who knows? Now, would I be able to sustain the onslaught of global war on the scale of both WWI and WWII at home or the front line. I don't know, and I am fairly certain everyone else would be in that boat. None of us have experienced what are parents, grand parents, and great grand parents went through in those wars. All we can do is speculate how we will respond to such and event. It is a crap shoot.
edit on 23-10-2011 by Jakes51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
What defines a World War?

posted on Oct, 27 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by capone1

A world war is a war affecting the majority of the world's most powerful and populous nations. World wars span multiple countries on multiple continents, with battles fought in multiple theaters.

en.wikipedia.org...

ALS

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join