It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If World War Three Broke Out, What Would You Do? (Opinions Please).

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
With humanity stepping ever closer to the 'Last world war', I would like to ask ATSer's a few questions that will help me come to a overall conclusion of people opinions on the matter.

About WWIII:

-(Timeline) When do you think it will start?
-Who do you think it will be between?
-How destructive do you think it will be?
-How long do you think it will last?

About you:

-Would you go overseas to fight if your country ask you?
-If yes/no to the above, why?
-Do you think you could stand the horror of war, both on the line and at home?

Thank you.
ALS

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
My plan is to take my bug-out bag and go hide in the mountains. Thankfully, I was raised out here and can survive in the wilderness for a while because I know how to fish, make fires, hunt, what to eat, how to build shelter, etc.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Obama can send his children to fight. And congress can send their young relatives. Bring our boys and girls home.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
get together with the extended family and head north.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I'd make one more run to the local big box store, the gas station, and the grocery store and the hardware store for misc things including next years seed.

I'm already pretty well stocked up so I'd be topping off.

Then, I'd watch TV.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
We are already in WWIII. We are engaged in multiple countries all around the globe. It is corporatist secular nations against islamofascism.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by illuminatislave
Obama can send his children to fight. And congress can send their young relatives. Bring our boys and girls home.

Ah I wish expecting a post like this, I too think the same way. As did my grandfather before WWII but he told me something that blew me away.

"Its ok for us to say No, I will not fight your war but will the enemy do the same".

ALS

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
About WWIII:

-(Timeline) When do you think it will start?
Sooner rather than later

-Who do you think it will be between?
US-Israel-Iran-other mideast nation?

-How destructive do you think it will be?
I don't think it will go nuclear--dont know

-How long do you think it will last?
don't know

About you:

-Would you go overseas to fight if your country ask you?
NO--I have nothing against any people..not my fight..unless they come knockn' on my door making threats I would not fight in/any war.

-If yes/no to the above, why?
answered already..not my fight.

People are at war everyday..both mentally and physically..why would this be any different?

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte
We are already in WWIII. We are engaged in multiple countries all around the globe. It is corporatist secular nations against islamofascism.

Perhaps but I am talking about full-scale warfare. The wars we are currently in are nothing more than counter-insurgency, they are nowhere near the definition of a world war (as defined by WWI and WWII).

ALS

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Ya know....we may already be in a World War, although it looks different than previous wars. The US has troops everywhere. It's crazy when you think of how many countries we occupy.

I live in the hills of Tennessee and was raised on a farm so living on the land will not be hard for me if it comes to that. I would prefer a simple life, anyway.

Prayer helps imo so I will be praying for this world to get better and not go down the tubes even more. If shtf with say Israel and Iran you can bet your cute little booties I will be praying harder because although I love Jesus....I would hate for him to come back and see what we have done with his "gift" to mankind. The man preached AGAINST religion, yet there is one in his name. Crazy, I know.

Money (greed) and religious beliefs is what peoples major issues with another is. Its sad...but so true!

I believe in a source so I do not think this said source will allow his creation, Earth to be nuked out to oblivion and back, I do look for "something" or "someone" to bring it back to a peaceful planet. It will take something big for that to happen, unfortunately.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I would not fight for My Country. I dont think anyone should in a ww3. This will be a war using non-conventional weapons. If We are going to nuke a country, We do not want our boots on the ground.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
If a world war broke out, I would try to flee the country. Go to a place that I don't think would send troops, or extradite me in the event that Canada conscripts (I am 20, I would definately be conscripted). Probably South America. Honduras, Argentina, somewhere safe.

I think that with the worlds problems escalating the way they are now, it will start within 10 years. It could start next week, with the tensions with Iran, or it could start in 9 years with a situation with China or Korea. It is hard to say what the catalyst will be.

Destruction wise, it will be devistating. Both sides will lose more troops in a shorter period of time than ever seen before. The weapons today are meant for mass killing. I expect casualties to dramatically pass the daily average in WW2. Possibly even double. Cities will be bombed and leveled, but I don't think nuclear weapons will be used. Nukes are being kept as means to prevent the other nations from using their nukes. If one nation has them, they will be used. If everyone has them, then nobody will have the balls to press the button.

I would do everything I could to stop myself from going overseas to fight. Looking back at history, the people of the nation that has done the most evil, don't realize it's too late, until it's over. The Germans in WW2 for example. They didn't know the horrors their country was committing. They thought they were the good guys, and we were the bad guys. I would not be sure whether my country would be the one causing the problems or not, so i refuse to put my life on the line.

To me, war seems like a glass of scotch. You have it for the first time, and you are repulsed by it. But, if you stick to it, and you aquire the taste for it, it isn't so bad. I can see war being similar. It will be horrific for the first few battles, but if you manage to stay alive past them, you will get used to it, and may even enjoy going into battle to kill your enemy.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Neopan100

Thanks for answering the questions.

People are at war everyday..both mentally and physically..why would this be any different?

Because everyone would be directly effected by losing loved ones on a far larger scale.

ALS

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALOSTSOUL

Originally posted by illuminatislave

Ah I wish expecting a post like this, I too think the same way. As did my grandfather before WWII but he told me something that blew me away.

"Its ok for us to say No, I will not fight your war but will the enemy do the same".

The enemy right now is our own government. This is a war being started over money, this has nothing to do with protecting us.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ALOSTSOUL

I would not go overseas to fight unless the war was in my country. All of the haters against my country have emptied my care cup about the rest of the world's problems. I'd let them deal with the Nazi's this go around, then we could pick them all off when it's over.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
The next war will continue until the population has been reduced enough according to their agenda - that's how long it will take.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
As far as i'm concerned- my family is more important than straight away fighting for my country. i would ensure that they were suitably located in a 'safe' area in the Uk, lots of canned goods hoarded for a couple of years, enough protection should people want to take it off them, plus several 'safe' options should they have to leave where they are.
Once they are safe and i am happy knowing that i can do no more in that respect, then yes i will fight, i will go to my recruiting office, enlist and do my duty.
There are millions of people who will fight for their countries, on both sides.
there will be no 'right' or 'wrong' every person on each side will have their own beliefs why they are doing what they are doing.

those of you that say you will not fight are then joining the ranks of 'conscientious objectors' that we had in the second world war, or as they were more properly known 'Cowards'.

Passiveness plays no part in a world war, you believe its right or wrong, BUT you have to choose a side and then it is up to you to fight for what you believe in.

I am personally, very anti current capitalism due to the way we have all become 'enslaved ' to the banking system run governments.
Heres a little diagram...

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
If they brought war here I would fight for everything that my father and grandfathers, fathers fought for me to have. If I was ordered over seas or cross boarders my opinion is they can fight there own proxy wars about money and figurative power. Assault the very land me and my family use to survive and I will fight but when it comes down to it I would be in the mountains of BC holed up with good friends who have prepared for that very thing happening.....

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ALOSTSOUL

If World War Three Broke Out, What Would You Do?

Hope I was killed quickly in one of the atomic blasts rather than die slowly from the inevitable fatal radiation poisoning that the survivors would suffer from.
edit on 10/17/2011 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Get rid of all who caused it to break out in the first place. Hi ELITE, how ya do-in.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join