It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Officials Peddle False Intel to Support Terror Plot Claims

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Once again public opinion is being manipulated into dragging the US and her allies into yet another Middle Eastern war. Even though no physical or verifiable evidence has been supplied by the FBI and CIA US officials across the board are calling for an aggressive response. They all seem to want to be sure to let us know that "military operations are not off the table."

WASHINGTON - Officials of the Barack Obama administration have aggressively leaked information supposedly based on classified intelligence in recent days to bolster its allegation that two higher- ranking officials from Iran's Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) were involved in a plot to assassinate Saudi Ambassador Adel al-Jubeir in Washington, D.C.

The media stories generated by the leaks helped divert press attention from the fact that there is no verifiable evidence of any official Iranian involvement in the alleged assassination plan, contrary to the broad claim being made by the administration.

But the information about the two Iranian officials leaked to NBC News, the Washington Post and Reuters was unambiguously false and misleading, as confirmed by official documents in one case and a former senior intelligence and counterterrorism official in the other.

How long can we go on trusting the intelligence agencies on their word when they have proven time and time again to fabricate evidence, withhold evidence, flat out lie about evidence? How many more mistakes will we allow this country to make, mistakes that are paid for in lives and trillions of dollars before we say enough is enough?

Is this a real event? Are the people behind the event who we are being told they are? Will this lead to military operations against Iran or is it simply a distraction from something else? This is a HUGE story, one of the most important regarding Iran in recent years, and already the "facts" as they have been presented to the American People and The World are coming into question.

I can't decide what to believe yet, but I'm leaning toward the idea that this event was fabricated to pave the way toward another war or to keep our eyes OFF the real prize.

Story here

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
proof is they wouldve had it the first day...

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by shadowcorp

Pics or Iran didn't do it.
2nd line

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by TinkerHaus

Dianne Feinstein is making the rounds saying she has been privy to this since December and it's for real. That means the Democrats are behind this fully. Probably trying to get the Jewish vote back for Obama by looking aggressive against Iran.

I think it's all chest thumping and pandering for votes. The threat may have been real for that matter. You can't deny the venom between Iran and the Saudi's. They have been on the verge of war for many decades now.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

Dianne Feinstein is making the rounds saying she has been privy to this since December and it's for real. That means the Democrats are behind this fully. Probably trying to get the Jewish vote back for Obama by looking aggressive against Iran.

I think it's all chest thumping and pandering for votes. The threat may have been real for that matter. You can't deny the venom between Iran and the Saudi's. They have been on the verge of war for many decades now.

Or perhaps she's an unwilling cheerleader? This "intel" could have trickled out to people who were made to believe it was an actual threat.

I'm having a REALLY hard time believing Iran would risk so much. This is very seriously an act of war and they have to know that the US would love a reason to act against Iran.

I'm open to all theories right now - the only thing I'm sure of is that there is more to this story than we're seeing right now.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   

The prize in obvious and at home.
Hidden in plain sight.
Peace!

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

I don't know if it was for real and I won't pretend to know. Could be very real in fact.

Peoples memories are short on this issue. Iran has had a desire to occupy Saudi Arabia for decades. The US has nothing to do with that. It would not be surprising if the plot were very real.

Everyone saying it's not real has nothing to base that on except their own feeling on the issue.

Alex Jones for instance would say it's fake even if he knew it was real. Can't go by that.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Dianne Feinstein is making the rounds saying she has been privy to this since December and it's for real.

Arbabsiar didn't meet the DEA informant until May. That means we had a source reporting on the plot, probably from inside Iran, at its earliest stages--good going exposing that, Diane. Either that, or December is just wrong.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   

I don't know if it was for real and I won't pretend to know. Could be very real in fact.

Peoples memories are short on this issue. Iran has had a desire to occupy Saudi Arabia for decades. The US has nothing to do with that. It would not be surprising if the plot were very real.

Everyone saying it's not real has nothing to base that on except their own feeling on the issue.

Alex Jones for instance would say it's fake even if he knew it was real. Can't go by that.

I understand and agree with you on all points. I'm saying at this point that anything is possible.

The "hunches" people are operating under, whatever they may be, are just as valid as the government's insistence that this was an assassination attempt backed by the highest levels of the Iranian Government. Until we see some proof, some documentation, something substantial it's all in the air for me. When the CIA and FBI are the ones leaking the story to the MSM, but not being forthcoming with all their evidence, it brings up a red flag for me.

I would love for more people to chime in with their theories, ideas, evidence, etc. I'm trying to define my position on this and appreciate the opportunity to bounce my ideas off other ATS members.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by FurvusRexCaeli

She was on FoxNews saying that yesterday in fact. To know if it's true we would have to get inside her head and that is a scary place.

One thing that is good in this, is that people are finally waking up to the fact that the leaders of the two Parties are the same people.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Everyone saying it is real has nothing to base that on except their own feeling on the issue.

Fixed it for you.

One group calls bullcrap, to avoid getting the world stuck in another mire of human suffering.

The other group says, "wait and see" "no big deal, can't rule it out".

I think we can do without another war, or at least we can cease the saber rattling. There was absolutely no reason for this to go public in the first place, unless the purpose was for propaganda and saber rattling to the patriot rejects and war-hawks of various nations.

Go beat you war drums somewhere else.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   

It may be years before we know what is true and what is not true. How much is posturing for the elections is also a guess.

I find it suspicious that after Obama loosing the majority of the Jewish vote we suddenly get this. But then the whole thing could be very real. Since we can't trust the information we get anymore, who knows? I'm in the dark myself.

Iran does want to take over the Saudi's, that much is real.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   

This one is going to be very hard to sell, taking into consideration the state of affairs that our nations is now and the increasing OWS protest, either our government are full of moron or they don't realized that with protest already out in the street a war will make things works the protest will take new meaning.

Because in the US most Americans do not give a crap about the feudal regime Saudi Ambassador specially when most of 9/11 perpetrators were from that country.

Something doesn't add here, something is very wrong with the pushing of terror plot and an attack on Iran.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by SyphonX

You don't know. I don't know. That is true.

What war drums? You just make it up as you go along? Putting words and thoughts in peoples heads?

You need a target, go after somebody else.

I'll turn it back on you. How do you know that this is all fake? I'm just discussing what's been on the News.

Link to article.

Speaking on "Fox News Sunday," Ms. Feinstein said there was clear evidence that senior figures within the Qods Force, including Kassim Suleimani, were involved in the attempt, although she said there was no evidence that the scheme extended to Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, the supreme leader of the regime. Mr. Suleimani is believed to ba senior commanders within the Qods Force, as well as an adviser to Mr. Khamenei.

"I don't think the sanctions have been as complete as they should be," Ms. Feinstein said. "I wish they had sanctioned the central bank of Iran because that affects oil and that would make a big difference."

I don't make this stuff up, I just stay informed.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   

She was on FoxNews saying that yesterday in fact. To know if it's true we would have to get inside her head and that is a scary place.

video.foxnews.com...

00:40. "I was first briefed at the beginning of September." Unless she said otherwise elsewhere?

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   

reply to post by SyphonX

You don't know. I don't know. That is true.

What war drums? You just make it up as you go along? Putting words and thoughts in peoples heads?

You need a target, go after somebody else.

I'll turn it back on you. How do you know that this is all fake? I'm just discussing what's been on the News.

Because it's on the news, because it is revealed to the public.

You seem well-versed in military and espionage matters, enough to realize there are hundreds a month. Plans, plots, assassinations, disruption. It's almost non-stop. Yet they wanted to reveal this to the public and pound their chest saying action was needed. Why? Because it's beating the war drums. They want to hype a war.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by FurvusRexCaeli

She did say December on one interview. From what I'm finding today it could have been a slip of the tongue. Who knows? Unfortunately they only show outtakes in those clips. It startled me when I heard her say that in fact. I was working on a project for work and had it going in the background. I'm not even sure which channel I had the TV on. I figured I'd find something more about it today.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by SyphonX

I get it. Thought you were directing that beating the war drums statement directly at me. Look at my signature.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
After searching for what I can find, I now think I misheard that statement and was wrong. My apologies for that. I need to learn to double check things I hear while I'm busy doing something else.

Either way, it's clear that if Feinstein is carrying the ball for Obama on this, all that's in the works for now is more sanctions. In other words nothing. I think this is all hype to attract votes.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   

In other words nothing. I think this is all hype to attract votes.

Let's all hope this is the extent to it. The thing is though, if it were really about votes and creating a "terror terror" bubble, then by saying quite simply, "there was a plot" isn't enough. They would need more, they would need to scare the public more, and they would need to be heavier fisted in the name of Israel etc.

Then again, they'll lose more votes than they could gain from taking this route, in my opinion. So I don't see it as a political strategy, which is worrisome.

top topics

join