It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am not a chosen prophet. I am not a benevolent one.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+40 more 
posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I am not a chosen prophet. I am not a benevolent one. I am not the one who will save your planet, your species, or your immortal soul.

You have been warned. You have been told of impending doom. You have been awaiting those who will save you, your species and your planet.

I will not tell you how to astral travel, clear your chakras, open your third eye, or how to fertilize your inner lotus flower so that it blooms into full awareness.

I will not tell you how to do anything because you already know how.

Go outside and feel the sun on your face. Sit on a pier and dangle your feet in the water. Walk on the beach barefoot and feel the sand between your toes. Turn off the TV and enjoy the rain storm. Walk in a forest and listen to the wind in the trees.

Stop, be still, and be quiet. Hush the endless conversations in your head, the endless scenarios, the probabilities and possibilities. Allow you mind to hear. Allow yourself to be aware of your place in your surroundings. Quiet yourself so that you may hear.

Make your hands busy. You are born to create. You carry in you the spark of divine creation; your mind and hands are proof of it.

Your life could end at any moment; today, tomorrow, or maybe the day after. Are you wasting your time? Are you spending countless hours researching conspiracy theories? Researching orbital paths of interstellar bodies? Or trying to make sense of prophecies made centuries ago? Arguing with others because they cannot or will not see things from your perspective? Is it so important to be right?

Does it really matter?

Cast off the un-needed baggage of worldly concerns. You’re only here for a brief period of time; a split second. Experience it without unnecessary encumbrance.

Create your world. Your thoughts and actions manifest your realities.

To experience life to the fullest, your true calling and your only salvation.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
In a place like this, I'm glad you said that.

Thanks.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Blarneystoner

Yeah I will just go ahead, and stop worrying about worldly concerns, I mean there is no need to take care of our world, and society to ensure that future generations can enjoy their brief time on earth. I should stop trying to help those that are suffering, and cant possibly cast off their worldly concerns, because starvation, and poverty are pretty serious issues. I should stop caring because hey its just a short ride from birth to death. Its all clear to me now.

Your right your not a prophet, and far from benevolent. You are the epitome of useless text thrown around the internet. I hope in the future that you don't concern yourself with what the members here discuss, because that would be a worldly concern. I was also floored when you mentioned salvation, I guess your trying to start a new religion, one where people just don't concern themselves with the troubles suffocating us all ?

Follow your own advice and stop concerning yourself with worldly matters like internet forums, please. Maybe take a trip outside, and get some sun. This entire thread is hypocrisy when you consider that the poster has even posted segments of "conspiracy theory with Jesse Ventura," not to highlight a point, just to share their choices in television. I mean really ?
edit on 17-10-2011 by DrunkNinja because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   

In the past year I have been shedding the un needed concerns-mortgage-electric-ect.., I have been clearing my mind of eartly issues and working with my inner lotus ferdilizing and tending bringing a open space for clarity.
The bring negativety into every second of every living day can really make self feel low and sad. I still haev the bills things that appear bad but I strive not to let it consume me.
This is a well thought out thread peace

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
The most important thing to ever remember in life is this:

It is not what happens, but how you react that counts.

I am in agreement with the OP that everyone needs to slow down and reconnect with the natural world,me included.

World peace starts inside of you and I, and is infectious, much like a smile.

Good post OP!

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Thank you Dear Blarney!

It's good to know somebody is Thinking and Feeling... Really!

I almost forget that I know it!!

Frami.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by DrunkNinja

The words I typed a few hours ago were not meant to cause distress or contempt. The thread is just a stream of thought and not an attempt to chastize anyone. Sometimes it's important to be reminded that we should not take on all of the world's trouble on our shoulders.

I'm glad that at least a few people understand the meaning behind my awkward words. If those words impacted someone in a positive way than it was worth the time it took to type them. If they impacted you in a negative way than please accept my apologies.

edit on 17-10-2011 by Blarneystoner because: correct spelling errors

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Apology accepted, I work for several non profit agencies, usually completely free of charge, and nearly every moment of my day is filled with attempting to better the world in which we live. I take great offence to people espousing the merits of non concern, as I feel that is the real problem. People may care, just not enough to do anything about it, and telling people that they should care less is seen negatively by me. I also found that your derision of internet forums, and their membership seeking to find answers as well as answering others a little disconcerting, as to me it comes off as hypocritical considering the content of your various postings, in particular the ones in which you decided to display a television show about conspiracy, seems a little hypocritical when you look at your own text contributions in that post.

You say sit in the sun, and dangle our feet in the water at the beach, when society as a whole has been doing that for far too long as it is. I also feel the warmth from the sun, and derive a great deal more than just vitamin d , but to use the word salvation while children are starving, poisoned by textile foundry's, and used as child soldiers, is somehow appalling to me, when that salvation of which you speak has no room for concern for them. I am sure you can see my point, and I apologize that I did not attempt to hide my disdain, as well as my very obvious contempt.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrunkNinja

People may care, just not enough to do anything about it, and telling people that they should care less is seen negatively by me.

I didn't take what the OP said as caring less, I took it as taking your attention off of situations you personally are powerless to do anything about. Many people obsess over problems they cannot do anything about, needlessly, and it causes un-wanted stress and even health problems.

That was my take on it anyways. That is something I understand.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

If you would to list the things that you cant do anything about, I would love to explain to you how you can help.
There is not one problem you are facing, or that the world is facing that cannot be stood up to, in fact the people that are standing up to these problems are the only thing that is keeping this world from plunging into the utter chaos that is prophesied on this forum 1000 times a day.

List the issue, and I will direct you to an organization that you can join with that is doing something about it

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

i can teach these things very easily.

just sayin.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by DrunkNinja

A few years ago my father was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer and has since passed away. Nothing could be done for him as is the case with 95% of pancreatic cancer patients. We sought help for him in every way we could but in the end all we could really do was to let go.

I understand how you might take offense to the initial post but I think you've misunderstood and may have possibly jumped to the wrong conclusions about the meaning in the post. The message is not to stop helping others. On the contrary, it’s my belief that if we focus on helping others we will be successful in all our endeavors.

The message is not one of non-caring but one of detachment. Detachment in the sense that the only thing we have complete control over is the way we react and no amount of obsessing will change that. I'm not saying that you should close your eyes and allow those around you to suffer if you have the means to provide relief. The message is quite the opposite really. How does that saying go? "Doctor, heal thyself" At least that's how I remember it. It's true that human beings suffer, we all do. Suffering is part of the human condition, there is no escaping it. Once we realize that suffering is transitory, we are able to detach from it on a personal level. We are not so pre-disposed to impose our views of how we think things should be.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Yeah I will just go ahead, and stop worrying about worldly concerns, I mean there is no need to take care of our world, and society to ensure that future generations can enjoy their brief time on earth. I should stop trying to help those that are suffering, and cant possibly cast off their worldly concerns, because starvation, and poverty are pretty serious issues. I should stop caring because hey its just a short ride from birth to death. Its all clear to me now.

Your right your not a prophet, and far from benevolent. You are the epitome of useless text thrown around the internet. I hope in the future that you don't concern yourself with what the members here discuss, because that would be a worldly concern. I was also floored when you mentioned salvation, I guess your trying to start a new religion, one where people just don't concern themselves with the troubles suffocating us all ?

Follow your own advice and stop concerning yourself with worldly matters like internet forums, please. Maybe take a trip outside, and get some sun. This entire thread is hypocrisy when you consider that the poster has even posted segments of "conspiracy theory with Jesse Ventura," not to highlight a point, just to share their choices in television. I mean really ?
The lady was merely saying chill out. Go and enjoy the outdoors. She didnt say tune out and live in LaLa land. Nor did she say to turn your back on your fellow man. You for one could use some of this advice. Chill out. The troubles suffocating us all will still be here tomorrow.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by RA777

i can teach these things very easily.

just sayin.

You cannot teach the Truth, you can only share it, like the OP did.

"You can't teach someone something they already know." - Old Toad Proverb

"The Greatest Parent there ever was, wasn't and the Greatest Teacher of the Truth, isn't." - Old Toad Proverb

The reason why the Greatest Teacher of the Truth isn't, is because We are all Students of the Truth, kNot Teachers of it and as We learn something, We share it with the other Students of the Truth and they will, in-turn, question what you've learned and shared, and if it is the Truth, they will then accept it as the Truth and in-turn, pass it on.

Ribbit

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ButtUglyToad

I feel that Toad.. seek not to convince.

There's a word for what you speak of; "remembering" or knowing Truth. You may already know of it. Plato called it anamnesis...

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil, but by those who watch them without doing anything.

Albert Einstein

I watched the thread about the autistic boy who lost his place singing The Star Spangled Banner....just imagine if all the people in all the sports stadiums on any given Saturday or Sunday during football season would turn their attention away from sports and all concentrated on fixing our country.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   

reply to post by Darkblade71

If you would to list the things that you cant do anything about, I would love to explain to you how you can help.
There is not one problem you are facing, or that the world is facing that cannot be stood up to, in fact the people that are standing up to these problems are the only thing that is keeping this world from plunging into the utter chaos that is prophesied on this forum 1000 times a day.

List the issue, and I will direct you to an organization that you can join with that is doing something about it

I don't think you are getting the point.
But that's ok, I won't worry about it

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I think the OP and drunkninja both have good points for perspective. We have to nurture both ourselves and others. It is not an 'either or' choice of selfishness versus selflessness, but sometimes both. It takes all kinds to make the world go around. I do not feel the OP was saying his suggestions were to be done solely and exclusively, but rather incorporated into our daily rat in a cage momentum. Additionally, drunkninja(I swear that has to be an oxymoron
) makes a good point too, in that we must take care of others as well as our selves, and there is a shortage of compassion in action these days. Real salvation, however, has to include both of these facets, imo.

The reminder from the OP is important too, though, in that we must sometimes empty our cup, so that it can again be filled, we have to experience peace and reflection along with the madness and anxiety, kind of like the tide coming in and out, we have to balance active and inactive.
My .02

Peace,
spec
edit on 17-10-2011 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blarneystoner
reply to post by ButtUglyToad

I feel that Toad.. seek not to convince.

There's a word for what you speak of; "remembering" or knowing Truth. You may already know of it. Plato called it anamnesis...

I didn't know about Anamnesis.
I had to go edumacate myself:

en.wikipedia.org...(philosophy)

"Socrates' response is to develop his theory of anamnesis. He suggests that the soul is immortal, and repeatedly incarnated; knowledge is actually in the soul from eternity (86b), but each time the soul is incarnated its knowledge is forgotten in the shock of birth. What one perceives to be learning, then, is actually the recovery of what one has forgotten."

Absolutely on spot, cept'n I'm kNot sure birth has anything to dew with the forgetting process!

Thanks for helping to edumacate this ignorant little toad!

Ribbit

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I get ya Blarney.

Been getting rid of the hate myself.

I'm done with it.

No More Hate.

Mostly.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join