It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Autistic Man has Trouble with the National Anthem - But Then Something Amazing Happens

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I wept like a schoolkid at this. The Star Spangled Banner used to make me well up every time I'd hear it, until about 2002, when I woke up. I will remember this now every time I hear the anthem.

reply to post by outsidethesquare

Most people here in the states don't know there are actually four verses to the Star Spangled Banner. Very difficult song to sing, as well.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by StealthKix
Seems they wanted the game to start quickly so hurried along the song... as they would have been there a bit longer.

Nothing special here.. props to the autistic man singing the anthem

It really did not seem like they were trying to hurry anything along as when the man was singing and laughing they were cheering and clapping, so I think your trying in vain to take away from this moment.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by phiktion

Beautiful video, thanks for sharing! It's nice to have a reminder like this in this world where we're constantly bombarded with negativity in the media. This is the humanity that makes me hopeful for the future of our species.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Thank you thank you thank you thank you for sharing this amazing clip.

As a Teacher I sometimes work with Students with Special Needs and this is all I have to say - I ALWAYS walk away having learned far more from them. The lesson is always mine from which to learn and they are a constant source of inspiration. I get so excited and proud of them when they tackle an exercise - they don't need to get it right - I am in awe of everything they attempt and I am always humbled in their presence.

I must say that when Children with Special Needs are integrated into a mainstream school community it brings an element of humanity to education. To clarify, every Student learns to accept every other Student as they stand. I have witnessed first hand some of the most beautiful interactions between mainstream Students who are able bodied with fully functioning cognitive abilities attend to their classmates who struggle. The interactions have been as inspiring as watching this video. I know humanity has a future when I watch Students - instinctively - show kindness and support to each other regardless of ability - skin colour - religion or any other personal trait you care to observe.

Much Peace...

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by outsidethesquare
nice work, was good to see

Unfortunately here in Australia it wouldn't happen as most of the population doesn't know more than one verse of our own anthem.
edit on 17/10/2011 by outsidethesquare because: (no reason given)

Are you telling me you didnt sing Advance Australia Fair every Monday morning along with God save the Queen while you were at school ?

I know I did.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   

reply to post by mikemck1976

Yeh

god save the queen HOORAH! Which queen did the song relate to again? or is it any queen as long as she the queen?

Oh, that comment had nothing to do with the song. But Mulder's comment did, and so did my comment before it. My Mother is a Britt and was only meant as a compliment and a salutation to an Englishman I happened to share the same sentiment in common with. SO SHOVE OFF SIMPLETON! You don’t have to read or even like my comments. Next time think before you type your little snarky remarks and cause others to have to go off topic to defend ones Mother and her home country. It’s quite disrespectful and a direct violation of ATS’s T&C.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   

And there are moments when I do love America.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadow Herder

I watched and bawled. Thank you for sharing this video clip.

What can I say. I started to really bawl as I watched the father swim towing his son in the dinghy. I suddenly thought - irrespective of kinship - imagine a world where every able bodied person - took one other - not so able bodied person with them during their life journey...

Just imagining...that way it might happen...

I am now inspired and my Spirit filled with hope.

Much Peace...

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Whateva69

He's actually right. I only sung the National anthem, never God save the Queen.

They don't even really sing it anymore. And some schools are putting the world 'Christ' into the second verse of the anthem now.

Despicable.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by phiktion

There is still great hope in humanity, and this video shows that when the entire crowd at Fenway Park comes to the aid of an autistic man singing the National Anthem. Praise God, this is so inspirational.

www.godvine.com...

I saw the same headline your reading for this thread title definitely didn't expected what happens, I guess my opinion about this is that under certain conditions, when people feel more happier then normal i.e. at a baseball game, you know they aren't thinking of their problems, they have less stress and are more carefree. They feel comfortable with the people around them as they all share a common ground and feel connected to one another. So they were all able to get outside of their normal day to day lives and come together. I think they may of all tapped into this connection and love and were more easily able to express it, then maybe they could on a normal day routine. You know how people go about their days with blinders on scurrying past one another hurrying to get to where they are going, true connections with your fellow man is few and far between.
edit on 17-10-2011 by phiktion because: (no reason given)

thx for posting something that didn't make me argue...
maybe there is hope

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
My God.... I am in awe that all those people want to still help those less fortunate. Praise Yah for bringing love into those peoples' hearts.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

Wow that’s just wrong, at least the word GOD or GOD’s covered every religion or belief.
I'll stick with my gods over the word christ.
Christ is kinda a swear word to me
aussies seem to throw it around like bloody, so to me its really wierd to replace it with that word

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Seems they wanted the game to start quickly so hurried along the song... as they would have been there a bit longer.

That's quite heartless. Also very disrespectful. You give that poor man "props", but shoot his efforts down in the same breath. You are one of the reasons I thought I lost hope in America. Thank God I saw this video or my thoughts of you would be much worse.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Wow who pooped in your cheerios this morning?
If they were trying to "hurry him along" they wouldn't have been cheering and offering him encouragement at the beginning.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   

That was truly beautiful, it really was. Goes to show you that humanity still have that spark in them.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
thank you for the wonderful videos, I STILL have goosebumps watching them, it shows we STILL have love for one another, even if at times, we dont show it

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I found it a bit rude. as a performer im sure he'd appreciated it if they let him finish, good or bad. I felt like the crowd almost rushed him through it and took the spotlight off of him. he was having a good time is all.

entertaining video, thanks!
edit on 17-10-2011 by knightsofcydonia because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Thank you.
edit on 17-10-2011 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikemck1976

That's quite heartless. Also very disrespectful.You are one of the reasons I thought I lost hope in America. Thank God I saw this video or my thoughts of you would be much worse.

referring to an individual with autism as a "poor man" is disrespectful if you ask me. You clearly have been misinformed on the subject. Forming an opinion requires gathering facts.

is it that you lost hope in america, or yourself?

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Refreshing to see,restores your faith in humanity doesnt it?,if that situation were to happen in my neck of the woods all you would hear is the tracksuit-clad,buckfast swigging neds mocking him

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join