It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Autistic Man has Trouble with the National Anthem - But Then Something Amazing Happens

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by phiktion

For a man, that brought a tear to my eyes. It just goes to prove, that humanity is not too far gone yet!

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   

That is amazing, when the crowd started singing it got me.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Watching this gave me a little escape from the everyday world. In all the evil and agony we have in this world this shows there is still something left in humanity.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Good video.

Here in england we all join in and sing together at our football games, sometimes the atmosphere is electric. You don't realy see that so much from you guys. No offense but from what I have seen you all just sit there and eat popcorn and hot dogs and cheer when one of your sportsmen does something good. Here we sing and chant and get behind our teams weather they are winning or losing. You should check out some videos of liverpool fans or leeds united or celtic. those fans are awesome.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePeopleParty
Good video.

Here in england we all join in and sing together at our football games, sometimes the atmosphere is electric. You don't realy see that so much from you guys. No offense but from what I have seen you all just sit there and eat popcorn and hot dogs and cheer when one of your sportsmen does something good. Here we sing and chant and get behind our teams weather they are winning or losing. You should check out some videos of liverpool fans or leeds united or celtic. those fans are awesome.

Everything you said was correct with the exception of "Celtic".

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Now THAT was awesome...

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by OblivionGate

I dont know if they still do this over here in Aus...

but in my first year of school, every day for the entire year, the very first thing we did each day, was recite the national anthem

after the words were memorised, we were told to close our eyes and sing the anthem each morning, rather than look on the board for the words.

I stole many, many, many toy animals during said anthems.

But yes, if they still do this - and you dont know the anthem and had the 1st year of school rehersal thing going on..... i am dissapoint.

Tho - i will say - and i think MANY of you will agree.

i am NOT proud to sing my country's anthem right now, purely because of the state of lies, treason and backstabbing which is happening by the Australian government to the People.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
this video has been around for a while now. i get so confused when i see threads about things from a while back and think it is something new. i wish it was another incident like that.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   

I LOVE IT!

My hope for humanity and love in my fellow man is strengthened by that video.

The spark to do more for others than you would do for yourself is still alive in us. All that we need do is embrace it and make it be the center priority in our lives.

That spark would consume the world like a brushfire.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by TigaHawk

A National antham is for the people and the land. not the governments they have, its like a flag, its for the people and the land.
Be proud of your land. If you stop and give up caring, we well get no where
Our ancestros didnt make sarafices in their time for nothing.

Sing your anthems loud people.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Beautiful!!! Best rendition I have heard in a loooong time!
Thank you 4 posting!

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by knightsofcydonia

Originally posted by mikemck1976

Originally posted by StealthKix

Nothing special here.. props to the autistic man singing the anthem

That's quite heartless. Also very disrespectful.You are one of the reasons I thought I lost hope in America. Thank God I saw this video or my thoughts of you would be much worse.

referring to an individual with autism as a "poor man" is disrespectful if you ask me. You clearly have been misinformed on the subject. Forming an opinion requires gathering facts.

is it that you lost hope in america, or yourself?

Thank you, I thought the same.

People who are autistic love life the same as everyone.
edit on 19-10-2011 by Wide-Eyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   
We the people.
Faith lives in us all, and all in us.

ZG

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Thanks! I needed that...I wonder what CHANGE we would bring is we all sang together? Those who forgotten what it meant to be an American..only need to sing it aloud from time to time.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
thank you for sharing this

quite beautiful

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   

That almost made me cry! I though it was awesome. I do have to give him a
for that lil remix he did.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Having spent a lot of time around someone who is handicapped it's incredible to see that.
GOD BLESS THE USA!

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   

I have faith in humanity (loved how everyone pitched in) however, I think all our patriotic-anthems are out-dated and should be sent to the moth ball room!

Besides that, I love knowing strangers can work in concert without being told!

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePeopleParty
Good video.

Not sure how true that is seeing I've never been there or watched a game but here , here is no unity left!
Look at how some people behave on Black Friday. Or in traffic. Or at a demonstration. Or on this forum. That is more the rule than the exception!

I don't care how many negative replies I get, that's the truth.
One on one I think we still act decent towards one another but in a group? Nope! A 'group' of people couldn't even go into Citibank last week without being arrested for public disturbance.

We are being trained and threaten not to be united.

The only time a quasi-sense of unity shows... is at a sporting event (where violence and competition hails anyway) or some horrible tragedy.

We are being brainwashed into thinking everyone is a possible terrorist. And not to trust people. And not to talk to strangers. And not to let the children play alone. And not to carry your wallet in your back pocket. And not to leave your car doors unlocked. And not to shake hands (fist shakes now. Because of germs) and on and on and on.

Unity? I think we'd naturally have it if it weren't for our leaders (authority) and the media who tell us we can't.

Singing this song is a tradition. Not an instinct. If we were to sing an impromptu song then, I think we'd be hearing different lyrics.

This thread is good. Some of the replies are surprising though. Please know, my intention is not to further divide us (even though that's not even possible anymore THANKS to the people running this country) but to bring a little more reality to the matter.

And this is not even me ranting about WHY we are giving birth to these incredible autistic children lately (who blow my mind, in a good way!) That's a WHOLE other matter!
edit on 21-10-2011 by Human_Alien because: typo

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Simply Beautiful!!!!

I was bracing myself to hear some idiot patronise him like you would at a football (soccer) game here in the UK, but the entire crowd got behind him......I would loved to have been there.......

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join