It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Autistic Man has Trouble with the National Anthem - But Then Something Amazing Happens

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+131 more 
posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   

There is still great hope in humanity, and this video shows that when the entire crowd at Fenway Park comes to the aid of an autistic man singing the National Anthem. Praise God, this is so inspirational.

www.godvine.com...

I saw the same headline your reading for this thread title definitely didn't expected what happens, I guess my opinion about this is that under certain conditions, when people feel more happier then normal i.e. at a baseball game, you know they aren't thinking of their problems, they have less stress and are more carefree. They feel comfortable with the people around them as they all share a common ground and feel connected to one another. So they were all able to get outside of their normal day to day lives and come together. I think they may of all tapped into this connection and love and were more easily able to express it, then maybe they could on a normal day routine. You know how people go about their days with blinders on scurrying past one another hurrying to get to where they are going, true connections with your fellow man is few and far between.
edit on 17-10-2011 by phiktion because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   
That made me cry. Absolutely blubber like a baby.

What a beautiful video.

Thank you X 1000 for posting.

I loved it when he started to laugh... And then... Well I wont ruin it for anyone else.

APPLAUSE TO YOU!!!!

peace

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Absolutely brilliant, this just gave me a wonderful start to the day. God bless us all!

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   
I am not a fan of Baseball but that was one of the most beautiful examples of humanity I have ever seen in my life. Thank you for making my Monday at work just a little more brite

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   
nice work, was good to see

Unfortunately here in Australia it wouldn't happen as most of the population doesn't know more than one verse of our own anthem.
edit on 17/10/2011 by outsidethesquare because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by phiktion

I have embedded your video for you as well as adding a few more.

edit on 17-10-2011 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
This video makes me want to enlist...it is just a shame that this new attack Iran policy will keep me away...I am not trying to die in WW3

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Yesterday morning, I was ready to turn my back on society as a whole.
Once again, the following morning has brought a glimmer of hope. That was one of the most beautiful things I have ever witnessed, even though I saw it through a screen.

+7 more 
posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
While some of you are in the mood. This one touches me everytime.

edit on 17-10-2011 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
That was truly moving as my brother is autistic and has often been treated badly by others who don't understand.

Now just imagine if humanity always treated others this way, what a different world it would be.....

The OP is right about people having to be removed form their day to day lives for most to act in such a beautiful way, be it a basball game or a terroist attack. I guess this is more a reflection on the type of world we have let be created around us, more so than the people in it themselves. A world where most people are so uninspired they merely eat sleep work occasionally s'n-word'ing at the misfortune of others.

Humanity must learn that every moment is special, and begin to act accordingly......

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Thank you so much for posting that. I was having a crappy morning and that made me grin ear to ear! I got goosebumps when the crowd joined. The gentleman did a hell of a lot better than I would have that's for sure.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Thanks. ...At a time when sick, elderly and needy people are being thrown to the wolves - it's so important to see they really do have a place in society. If only to remind us that we are all human.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Thank you for sharing that !

I get goosebumps when i see people getting together

Beautiful !

Makes me feel like there is so much hope for humanity even when they do something as simple as this

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
That was cool. Thanks for the vid. Nice to see people come together in this crazy place we call life.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadow Herder

Loved the first video and now yours too. Always good to be brought back to earth of what is important.

Shadow, you are becoming one of my favorite posters here.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Thank you for sharing this. It made my day as well, as I have been kind of depressed and disenchanted in humanity. It makes me think that there might still be hope.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

That was beautiful. Thank you for sharing it with us.

And yeah, it got to me. But sometimes a few tears do us good, you know.

I've worked with disabled people over the years in various programs as a care attendant and also a remedial teacher, and very often I think they give more to me than I can ever give to them.

Just want to conclude by saying I've added you as a friend and I hope many others do, too.

Mike

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Ohhh thank you thank you for that. I said I wouldn't cry today! *sniffles*
I was covered in goosebumps, this is just wonderful. I love how everyone laughs WITH him.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by phiktion

There is still great hope in humanity, and this video shows that when the entire crowd at Fenway Park comes to the aid of an autistic man singing the National Anthem. Praise God, this is so inspirational.

www.godvine.com...

I saw the same headline your reading for this thread title definitely didn't expected what happens, I guess my opinion about this is that under certain conditions, when people feel more happier then normal i.e. at a baseball game, you know they aren't thinking of their problems, they have less stress and are more carefree. They feel comfortable with the people around them as they all share a common ground and feel connected to one another. So they were all able to get outside of their normal day to day lives and come together. I think they may of all tapped into this connection and love and were more easily able to express it, then maybe they could on a normal day routine. You know how people go about their days with blinders on scurrying past one another hurrying to get to where they are going, true connections with your fellow man is few and far between.
edit on 17-10-2011 by phiktion because: (no reason given)

That was fabulous thank you and very interesting how well he began to sing when everyone else sang with him. Gives me great hope at the human potential.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I couldn't help but notice that the crowd waited 'till he got past the hard parts before they all joined in. Can't say I blame 'em, the National Anthem is a complicated song that trips up even the most experienced singers at times.

As far as I could tell, that kid wasn't using any cue cards or anything to help him out so he really deserves a lot of credit for learning and remembering all the words, especially in a highly stressful situation where he had to sing in front of all those people.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join