It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One Marine v 30 Police - Occupy Times Square - Cops lose

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by srsen

Wow ONE voice CAN make a difference! You can see it in the faces of everyone there (well almost) that heard this guy ,that he was CORRECT. Semper Fi brothers!

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
What I see in these videos would be the police using the streets Blocking them rather then protesters and that`s what the police are trying to stop protesters from doing??

The sooner the cops in every country wake up and see they are at the bottom of the puppet masters strings the more they need to realize they are US citizens first.
I also hope our military personal have the smarts that this active military person does in realizing they serve the US citizens and need to protect us from home and wherever hostile people want to keep us down including in our own country.

and for United States Marine Corps. Sgt. Shamar Thomas from Roosevelt, NY

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by BIGPoJo

My little brother is a former navy seal, he will go in public and say the same damn thing. He has the tat on his shoulder and wears sleeveless shirts sometimes to show it off. This guy, although he may be out of uniform is not presently representing the military, and those "cops", they are but corporate security guards and what they are doing is ILLEGAL in every sense of the word. They are impersonating a "law enforcement" officer. They took an oath of office to uphold the Constitution, just for the record, the Constitution DOES NOT apply to you and me or the average joe, IT APPLIES TO GOVERNMENT AND GOVERNMENT "AGENTS", it binds THEIR hands from overstepping THEIR bounds of authority. Policy Enforcement officers are just that, policy enforcement. Satutes, code, ordinance and regulations are GUIDELINES to Americans. THEY ARE NOT LAWS. If you believe they ARE laws, show me the cluase that compels me to perform UNDER THEM. Police powers are SUBORDINATE TO the people. They act on presumption of law, color of law and use "terms of art" to decieve us from knowing the truth.

This guy can dress any way he wants as long as he is heard peacefully. If this were someone in average clothes, they would have beaten him down and cuffed him and taken him away. By his service, allegedly to our country and NOT the corporate "U.S.", he has the RIGHT to dress as he wishes and to speak his mind.
edit on 17-10-2011 by daddio because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I feel bad for those horses, there's no reason for them to be put under all that stress. =(

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Now as a veteran and a Civilian, he is no longer under the laws/or guidelines of the US Military.

He earned his ribbons by risking his life for his country and subsequently has every right to do with them and/or display them as he pleases.

Good For Him for stating the obvious according to his 1st Amendment rights of free speech.

To stop harming these "US Citizens" whom are merely exercising their fundamental constitutional rights to peaceful assembly.

Good For Him !

God Bless Him for speaking the TRUTH !

PEACE
edit on 17-10-2011 by nh_ee because: The Truth Shall Set You Free !

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by dethduck
reply to post by Gseven

Firstly, who is saying he's active duty? It says in the article he served two tours and is currently going to college and playing amateur football. Doesn't sound active duty.

Secondly, nitpicking appearance in absolutely no way denigrates or invalidates his actions or his words.

I don't care if he was a veteran, a vagabond or a vegan, what he said and what he did was what needed to be heard and should have been done. He was braver than me sitting here applauding him and he's braver than you sitting there deriding him. He's the one, whoever our whatever he may be, that is standing there between the police and the people, and I respect that.
edit on 10/17/2011 by dethduck because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/17/2011 by dethduck because: (no reason given)

Nothing stated that he was either active duty or former duty....I addressed both. And, only Marines understand the points I've made. Them, more so than any other branch of the military, takes their appearance, uniform regulations and adherence to their codes of conduct to a much higher level. Once a Marine, always a Marine...every Marine, both active duty and former, knows this. A Marine would NEVER behave this way in public, much less in uniform, and even less in the crap he put together, pretending to play a Marine. Every fiber in his body would have been screaming at him if he had actually been a Marine and pulled this mess off.

My issue is with the fact that everyone is falling over their bottom lips because of the title of the thread/video and the fact that he is allegedly representing the Marine Corps. So yes, I do have a problem with that....even more so for how he conducted himself. I see no honor in what he did, and he sure as heck doesn't speak for the Marine Corps. He didn't stand "in between" the police and the protesters. The only yelling and making a fuss was him. Like it or not, he was a poser - a piss poor one at that - and he was likely planted there by someone with an agenda.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
That's my idea of a marine, protect the people that's what our armed forces are supposed to be doing.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Gseven

That is your opinion and you are entitled to it. I think he was genuine. No Matter who goes to these protests and support those protestors. Marine or not you still going to call foul to it. You believe what you want to believe. And I will believe what I want to!

edit on 17-10-2011 by AnonymousFem because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   

edit on 10/17/2011 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nicolas Flamel
reply to post by Gseven

Wow, so his comments about "this is not a war zone", "these people are unarmed", "why are you hurting these US CITIZENS" meant nothing to you? Oh wait, you were upset he didn't button up his shirt

Maybe he remembered the Uniform Code of Military Justice military law Section 893. Article 93. Cruelty and maltreatment where "Any person subject to this chapter who is guilty of cruelty toward, or oppression or maltreatment of, any person subject to his orders shall be punished as a court-martial may direct."

Have you considered joining the NYPD?

I am only disputing his claim as a Marine, since that is what everyone is going nuts over. And do you believe that it's possible he made up those statements for a reason?

Listen, the police are not obligated to allow protesters to become unruly, verbally abusive and violent. I'll stand my ground any day of the week and twice on Sunday to defend our law enforcement officers, because they not only protect our rights to gather PEACEFULLY, but they also protect innocent by-standers from idiots who like to create chaos and then cry that their rights were taken away.

Have some common sense. Protesting peacefully is one thing. Expecting law enforcement to stand by and let a crowd get out of control is quite another. I don't support that, and I'd hope you wouldn't either.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Well its about time the military stood along side their family and friends. Would be nice if they did what the Portuguese military did and said, we stand by the people, not the govt. I hope he dosnt get shafted by his company when he goes back to his unit.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   

I see no honor in what he did, and he sure as heck doesn't speak for the Marine Corps.

Unfortunately, most people will disagree with you.

What he did was courageous, and he spoke with his heart. I'm sorry you see it the way you do.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by balon0
Look at those stupid pigs. They should be sent to Iraq or Afghanistan. Lets see how tough they are there with their guns and pepper-spray.

Most "pigs" have been overseas and are prior service....id say 50% of my department.
Including myself...soooooo you're statement is silly.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Im Loving it HAil Yeah!!! and This guy Keep it up You are True Patriot and Sons of Liberty I salute you all!!!

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I don't think the fact that he is out of regs should be the focus here. Plus, i haven't found anything that would suggest he is fraud yet, so ill give him the benefit of the doubt for now. I think his use of the uniform,while technically inappropriate, was for his own safety (seeing as otherwise, the cops would have likely tased him).

I don't think that most people see it as him 'representing the Marine Corps' either. Sure the MSM will twist it that way, and some people will believe it. But I think that most reasonable people will see it as him being a ticked of veteran who served his country proudly, and is sad and angered at the state it is currently in.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by Gseven

I disagree. I don't think he would come out in front of hundreds of cameras and tell his story and wear that uniform and lie knowing full well it will be called out. If he isn't who he says he is then conservative media will find out for sure and then tout it like it means something.

And since when do you speak for all marines? I guess marines don't come home, shaken and out of whack and kill their familes either? Yeah your point is null. Some come home crazy, some come home with their eyes open, and some come home still brainwashed clinging to their indoctrination as you imply.

Even if this guy does turn out to not be one (which I think he is) you will still be wrong.
edit on 17-10-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

I believe I did mention that he might have some screws loose. In which case, he clearly does anyway, regardless if he got them in Iraq or over here as a civilian. Either way, if a screw is loose, then he is capable of doing anything, to include going in front of cameras looking like a bag of crap, posing as something he clearly is not.

I don't speak for all Marines. Never said I did. But neither does he - not only that, but if he were a Marine, he'd know that he wasn't allowed to do that. He can say whatever he wants, but the moment he put on his blouse and used his rank, he crossed the line...period. End of story.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by srsen
Wow talk about nothing left to say!

You can see the emotion in this guy, he feels what he's saying for sure. Put it to them in no uncertain manner

Though i must say, he could also just be a very good actor
If there is something sinister about the Occupy movement then sending in a guy like this could certainly sure up some numbers quick smart.

But maybe i'm being too cynical??

www.youtube.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

EDIT TO ADD: As a point of reference, here is some footage of the police attacking protesters at Occupy Times Square. This is what the guy was reacting to:

I honestly don't know how i would react to this - it gets me so angry
prob end up getting beaten and arrested
edit on 17-10-2011 by srsen because: add video

Jesus man...I watched 30 seconds of the video...and that's all i needed....the protesters where holding on to a barricade...what the hell to you expect anyone to do? How stupid do you have to be as a protester to pick up a barricade? A barricade that could be used as a weapon at that. I didn't watch the rest of the video because this is another bash the cops thread as usual.

And as far as the marine goes....im not sure why it is 1 vs 30 and the cops lose....the prior service member voiced his opinion and then moved along at the request of the police. I feel for both sides there...its tough coming back from overseas conflicts no matter what the circumstances...but it is loaded title.

It seems like no matter what the police do we are wrong. I know there is excessive force out there...but it doesnt matter to most of you....any time a police officer puts his hands on someone..so many of you ignorantly cry police brutality. Learn the law guys....learn what police can and can't do..then come and show me videos of real police brutality and i'll back you all day long.

Edit:
I did watch the rest of the video...the only truly hands on part was when they took down a guy that was conviently cut to a group of officers taking him down...which was probably an arrest...where is the rest of that part of the video? Where is the part that im sure exists where the officers tell him to move, or stop? Then later we hear "she is a woman"....why would that matter? Why would that need to be pointed out? Are women not equal to men? Can a woman not commit a crime like a man can? I came to this site because Im troubled by the future of our government and im enthralled with the mysteries of this world....and im starting to see that both sides are ignorant and this is a lost cause.
edit on 17-10-2011 by cosmicexplorer because: had time to finish the video

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raivan31
reply to post by srsen

The sad news is that he's probably gonna be discharged after that.
But he's clearly a brave man and i wish him all the best.
Goodluck mr giant person sir.

Get discharged for defending the constitution that he swore to protect? I don't think so, he is one of the few trying to protect our constitutional rights like he is suppose to do when he first took that oath.

-Kdial1

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
You tricked me. I didn't think this article was about talking and debating..

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join