It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McDonald's Monopoly is Back!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

You can say pretty much the same thing about state lottery.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

(ix) Collect Park Place (#341) and Boardwalk (#342) to win a Prize of One Million Dollars ($1,000,000), payable $50,000/yr. for 20 yrs.

Oh, Please! Tell me McDonalds can't afford to pay the $1,000,000.00 top prize in a one lump sum!

How many burgers have they sold / sell in a day?

With the amount of money they make in a day, the top prize should be a million bucks a year for 20 years. Even $50,000.00 a year won't cover the medical costs incurred by somebody who would eat there frequently enough to find both of these peices to win the top prize!

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I have boardwalk.Do I win money?

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

I don't eat McDonald's so I won't be playing Monopoly.

I will stick to playing Roll Up The Rim To Win!

Any info when on that is coming back or what the odds of winning are?

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by NightGypsy
Boncho.....good work, man. You have uncovered a conspiracy that needs to go viral.

McDonald's has obviously brought back their Monopoly game to distract the public's attention away from the fact their food contains ingredients that will ensure the Big Mac I buy today will still look fresh off the grill in the year 3027.

don't forget the population control conspiracy! they encourage people to eat unhealthy food so they get fat and die sooner. fat people generally also have higher medical bills. looks like the big pharma companies are involved in this one too!

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Monopoly is a fun game.
The large fries are the best deal - you get 4 tokens for 1.79 - UNLESS your area has the hashbrowns on sale 2/$1 and then you get 4 for .50.

So far I've spent $6.00 and got 200 coke points, some snapfish prints, a redbox rental, 2 breakfast sandwiches, a parfait, a frappe, and a medium fry.

I love it when companies have contests. I don't give a crap who it is, I'll enter it.
(I'll trade the food wins for something else with someone.)
edit on 17-10-2011 by hadriana because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Has anyone yet noticed the delicious (pun) irony of naming their promotional game "Monopoly"??

I can imagine the executives when they first were pitched the idea of a board game-based promotion and incentive such as this, and looking at the various board games to choose from....they must have laughed uproariously when they realized how funny an inside joke it would be, to choose "Monopoly".

Out of all the Parker-Bros. board games (a division of Hasbro) to choose from.... LOL!

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
How about they quit the gimmicks and get some quality food.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I got Park Place. I also am one away from winning the beach vacation, one away from the one just below it and above it and also one away from winning the 50 dollar game card.
Won free coffee's and sandwiches galore.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Awesome, fun thread! My aging Blackberry won't let me Star and Flag the original poster--but I shall when I get home tonite!

I too have Snapfish points; 2 Redbox free rentals; a medium fries; and a deluse breakfast sandwich win. I enter online contests (even those 'how did we do?' Surveys from Wal-Mart, Sears, etc that print on register receipts) I figure someone has to win...maybe me!

There is an online version of the game (for 1k WalMart gift cards) where you enter the printed code from your purchase bag. EVERY bag I have acquired has the same code--which you can only enter once! Something is 'wrong' with that--as multiple codes should be randomly printed and dispursed--NOT one/franchise store gets one code exclusively. I will get to the bottom of that part of the 'game.'

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by JiggyPotamus

I have a Park Place.
Maybe someone could develope a website linking us all together.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I won free Medium Fries with my oatmeal purchase this morning

I guess if you frequent MD, your'e bound to win something although it definitely won't be the grand prize.
Oh, and if you do, you will probably need bigger size pants with all that food you'll be eating

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Are there really three million dollar winners on this thread? I hope people are sending U2U messages and splitting their winnings... I've seen people on facebook looking for matches too, and I've been wondering how much social media has been messing with the odds of this game. I've been a McD's addict all my life, play Monopoly every year, and I've never won anything more than free food.

Right now I need Kentucky for $50,000 if anyone wants to share it with me

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Funny thing about those contests.

If you as a franchise owner want a chance to receive the "million dollar piece", you have to pay Mcdonalds Corp a certain ammount before you'll even be shipped the ones that may or may not have the winners.

That's how they pay for the prizes. Same thing with Tim Hortons, if the franchise doesn't pay a certain ammount, they'll never get sent a batch of cups that may have the top prizes.

Dirty isn't it?

~Keeper

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by magicrat
Are there really three million dollar winners on this thread? I hope people are sending U2U messages and splitting their winnings... I've seen people on facebook looking for matches too, and I've been wondering how much social media has been messing with the odds of this game. I've been a McD's addict all my life, play Monopoly every year, and I've never won anything more than free food.

Right now I need Kentucky for $50,000 if anyone wants to share it with me
25 k for kentucky you say?deal

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
You guys realize that there is a rare piece for each prize... the lower the prize, the more common the "rare" piece becomes...

Boardwalk has and always will be a single quantity prize.

As it sits, after 4 visits, me and my brother only need 1 pc for EACH prize.... I know we aren't that lucky... it just means that the rest of the pieces aren't rare at all.

Don't hold your breath people, the likelyhood that anyone on here is actually telling you the truth when they say they have a big winner, is probably worse than the odds of being bitten by a shark while riding in an airplane.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by longtermproject

Good luck everybody!

Edited to add: Did it just happen? I didn't even see that - brindle, send me a message if you're serious...
edit on 17-10-2011 by magicrat because: got too darn excited about the shark biting the plane.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I will sell kentucky for about 49k.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Kentucky is a very rare piece

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by brindle

Ah, okay. I see what you're here for now, and I'll keep that in mind next time I run into you.

Cheers.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join