page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by magicrat
reply to post by longtermproject

Good luck everybody!

Edited to add: Did it just happen? I didn't even see that - brindle, send me a message if you're serious...
edit on 17-10-2011 by magicrat because: got too darn excited about the shark biting the plane.

bahahahahaa ahaahahahaahaah ahahaahaahaha

wow, really!!! Sorry but that is freaking hilarious.... I was totally caught off guard by this video.... guess there really is a youtube video about everything now....

I'm going to go get some more mcdonalds now

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by longtermproject

Glad you enjoyed it! That's just about my favorite video ever - thanks for the reason to post it! (the movie is amazingly awful, by the way - I'm ashamed to say I actually watched the whole thing...)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Why dont more people do this? Post what pieces you have, get together, and split the winnings? Great idea!

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
YOu do not HAVE to eat at McDonald's to play - either. You can send off for the pieces.
I saw that people were selling the free food wins on eBay and trading them on sites like Listia.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by amongus
Why dont more people do this? Post what pieces you have, get together, and split the winnings? Great idea!

That was the point of the thread... for the larger prizes, there are millions of game pieces printed but only a handful of ones that are needed to match for a win

=/

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
reply to post by boncho

Funny thing about those contests.

If you as a franchise owner want a chance to receive the "million dollar piece", you have to pay Mcdonalds Corp a certain ammount before you'll even be shipped the ones that may or may not have the winners.

That's how they pay for the prizes. Same thing with Tim Hortons, if the franchise doesn't pay a certain ammount, they'll never get sent a batch of cups that may have the top prizes.

Dirty isn't it?

~Keeper

Insane. I had no idea.

I'm guessing I would have to go to the nearest large city to expect a win then... Because I know the local ones wouldn't fork out extra...

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Two years ago, I ended up with a lot of McDonald's Monopoly tokens(or whatever they're called). Back then, you could also play electronically by entering the unique code on each token which would allow you to roll electronic dice and move your man around the electronic board. By the time that Monopoly game ended, I had something like 78 tokens. The only way to win cash on the electronic version, was to land on all properties of the same type or color. What happened to me was that I very quickly was just one property shy of every single set/color. I then kept going around and around the board and continued to miss all of the properties I needed to win anything. For the last 45 dice rolls I actually kept track of what I needed to win on each roll and what I actually rolled and the odds of missing a winning result. I then calculated the odds of not making at least one winning roll and the result if I remember correctly was some ridiculously huge number like one chance in 200 million. I don't know if McDonalds is still offering an electronic version and if so, whether it's now a fair game but I'm absolutely convinced that two years ago, the electronic version was rigged to prevent people from winning. Has anyone on ATS won any money from the electronic version(if there is one)?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join