It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paranormal Activity 3

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Paranormal Activity 3

Apparently if you go to their site and your city is listed on the left then you can RSVP to attend a free screening..

Wicked? i guess

Houston, TX ................ [RSVP]
Vancouver, BC .............. [RSVP]
Phoenix, AZ ................ [RSVP]
San Antonio, TX ............ [RSVP]
Melbourne, Australia ....... [RSVP]
Fresno, CA ................. [RSVP]
Panama City, Panama ........ [RSVP]
Los Angeles, CA ............ [RSVP]
New York, NY ............... [RSVP]
Mexico City, Mexico ........ [RSVP]
Orlando,FL ................. [RSVP]
Dallas, TX ................. [RSVP]
Toronto, ON ................ [RSVP]
Tel Aviv, Israel ........... [RSVP]
Chicago, IL ................ [RSVP]
São Paulo, Brazil .......... [RSVP]
Austin, TX ................. [RSVP]
Miami, FL .................. [RSVP]
London, UK ................. [RSVP]
Sheffield, UK .............. [RSVP]

edit on 16/10/11 by Burnerz because: added list of cities

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
the 2nd part didnt even make me flinch...hopefully this one lives up to the hype

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
both films are rubbish...... not scary and did nothing for me

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by k1k1to

Personally i dont really watch it for the scare factor (even though every part of it gets me), i seem to appreciate the editing and acting and sound more than anything although the second did bore me.. And in the end suspending disbelief probably makes it a lot better.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by rikgrimsby

That is a shame, did you try and enjoy it for what its worth?

Or do you find the surveillance camera perspective to be annoying?

The things that make it less like your regular movie, a little bit more creative, something different.. I feel that is the most enjoyable part.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Burnerz
reply to post by rikgrimsby

Or do you find the surveillance camera perspective to be annoying?

The things that make it less like your regular movie, a little bit more creative, something different.. I feel that is the most enjoyable part.

i actually like the whole security camera approach...it really gives the movie a sense of realism..however with that sense of realism i expect some sort of scare factor..thats just my opinion though..it really gets me into the atmosphere and then disapoints me

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by k1k1to

I completely agree with the realism. As for the scare factor i guess it comes down to what we can individually tolerate because every scene that is the slightest bit scary gets me every time
lol.
edit on 16/10/11 by Burnerz because: reworded my words and stuff

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
The first one was great - haven't
seen the others, afraid I will be
disappointed as it now seems
its just a movie and not realistic
enough but I will see them soon
and see if that's true.

I just watched the trailer, looks
pretty scary actually.
edit on 16-10-2011 by crazydaisy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Hehe, I thought pt1 would be rubbish, but watched in the dark, alone, at 2am. Parts gave me mad goose bumps - where shes dragged out of bed...

Pt2 I never even finished I got too bored.

Looking forward to pt3, typical Melbourne gets the RSVP... Perth doesnt even exist to the rest of the world.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   

That's just it...you have to go into it with the right attitude, otherwise, it won't be entertaining for you.

These movies are ALL about the jump scenes (and a little bit about the creep factor (like when she stood over the guy sleeping in the first one). Personally, I like to let myself get sucked into a film. I love it when a movie can make me jump.

Can't wait to see the third one.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Got the first on dvd (haven't seen it other than the ending when I caught the last few minutes on tv), haven't seen the second so might not bother with the third since I guess although I read the plots of the first movies, it might be one of those where you have to see what happened before going into the prequel.

The thing I'm not liking is when a new part of the franchise is released every year. Kinda rips the soul out of it. The first Saw movie was awesome, everything after that was horrible and seemed to be "screw plot, lets think of nasty ways to kill people off" while they milked a franchise out of it. I'm worried Paranormal Activity will end the same way.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Standing in the line at the Melbourne one at the moment. Been standing for so long starting to get painful.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
It got way to religious for my liking.

Scariest part was seeing a girl in the line covered in tattoos. Tattoo on her hand was a triangle with a circle in it, the number 23 at the bottom and butterfly antenna coming out of the top.

Then in the movie they show this symbol a number of times.

Honestly, I only went because it was free. After the second one I had completely lost interest.

The best part about the 3rd one would have been the free popcorn, standing in line for 3 hours while we waited for godot and being treated like criminals by paramount pictures and the security.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Burnerz

This movie was "grotesque" in general... Not a movie for a weak minded person, then yet its probably not even a movie at all, just a bunch of BS. I regret going to watch this garbage...

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Burnerz

no i like the idea of the shooting of the film.... i really like the blair witch project and thought that was scarier.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I went to see this last night and yes, it was good scary fun! I thought it was much more scary then the first two, and having a theater full of screaming teenaged girls added to the excitement, though some were a bit over the top. It was entertaining and I really enjoyed it. It was very suspenseful and not a gory bloody mess, which I'm not a fan of. I'd recommend it if you like these types of movies.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenofsheba
having a theater full of screaming teenaged girls added to the excitement, though some were a bit over the top.

That's why I prefer going to see a movie when there's hardly anyone else about.

A bunch of teens at the back ruined the US remake of The Grudge for me as well as the Tim Burton remake of Planet Of The Apes by laughing throughout both movies as well as talking.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by curious7

Yeah, well I was a teenaged girl once upon a time so I won't hold it against them....
Kind of cute in a way, to be that young and silly and without a care. That's what I liked about the experience, was a good time and young people are so enthusiastic...

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by curious7

Well when I went me and my group and the row behind us were the oldest ones in there. Everyone else was an annoying teen, and by the way I guess no one saw the nasty symbols throughout the entire movie? Brainwashing is now in effect

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   
The "Paranormal Activity" franchise follows a fairly simple yet lucrative scheme that was originally pioneered by the makers of "The Blair Witch Project".

That scheme is that you take $10,000 - $30,000 to make the movie. You create a lot of false hype around the movie. It still makes a few million dollars in the theater and a few more million in DVD sales. Everybody wins.

So you let a little time pass and then you make another one. When you are using a single digital camera, a very small crew, few actors and only one or two locations, you are going to save a bundle on production costs.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join