It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

$12,000 fine for insulting government minister. In Australia!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Read the craziness here

I am at a loss for what to say about this story and this insignificant speck of a human being.

The increasing frequency of these tyrannical moves across the globe, especially popping up on ATS, is disturbing.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
man
is Australia turning into a police state?
I thought things where pretty bad here in the states
but it sounds like things are pretty rotten down under.
Do you have a bill of rights in your Constitution protecting free speech?

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ELahrairah

It has it fair share of corruption and bull# laws, don't think its as bad as America tho..

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
i hope this bloke gets the crap beaten out of him
not only is he the scum that lets huge corps like woolies get away with taking billions from aussies through pokies, he actually has to pass laws about himself because hes clearly a wimpy little douche bag.
if this bill passes i will be amazed

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Garfee

Wow that's awesome! Man, and if he wanted to he could start saying that stuff offends him when it actually doesn't, what a scam! "And then he told me my hair looked very nice today officer. He hurt my feelings, waaaa."

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ELahrairah

No bill of rights in Oz.

There is no law guaranteeing freedom of speech here.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Garfee

Wonder how long its going to be before this is extended to all ministers. I suspect this aimed at protesters and comediens and thereafter anyone the miniher/s want prosecuted.

So much for freedom of expression. Funny how protection of ministers of the crown is more important than voiceng opinions that are in the public interest.

Notice how these laws get passed early on a government's term. This indicates this thin-edge-of-the-wedge initiaive was planned well before the election and that they deliberately chose not to inform the electorate.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Dear Minister Michael O'Brien,

You are a POS. please send the fine to Obama.

Thank you

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ELahrairah
man

lol free speech? are you kidding? no we dont have any rights whatsoever to free speech.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by rayuki

Originally posted by ELahrairah
man

lol free speech? are you kidding? no we dont have any rights whatsoever to free speech.

I agree,however rights are a state of mind,a mental self regulating prison if you will.You have as much rights as you will or don't will.Exerscise them or don't,the choice is yours.After all no one give any rights to those who think they can restrain and restrict your's either.Throw of your chains and exerscise your will.There are three type's of people in this world,sheep,shepard's and wolve's.Which do you choose to be?

If you believe you have right's then you do,stand up for them and be prepared to die for them if you truely believe in them.That's what seperates people,share will power and belief.That's why some people move a head and other's don't.
Man or Mouse ? You decide.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Well that's a great revenue raising scheme ain't it ! Geez, let the guy walk around amongst the public in his lunch time and the Govt will have the economy back in the black in no time at all. He could take his gig on tour around OZ as just about every person out there would call him out into a red rash of embarrassment and humiliation. What a dud spineless wimp !
Its not in every one's vernacular to form diplomatic comments when they're ticked off with these parasites so why should that cost !

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by 13th Zodiac

I would die for my beliefs if it came down to it.
I don't recall signing a piece of paper upon birth declaring i will obey the 50,000 laws they've created without even providing me with a document outlining what i am or am not supposedly aloud to do...

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   
How much has the so called minister been fined for insulting the citizens every time he feeds them a line of crap?

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by hoonsince89

I don't recall signing a piece of paper upon birth declaring i will obey the 50,000 laws they've created without even providing me with a document outlining what i am or am not supposedly aloud to do...

Then you and I both have something incommon friend

Secondline.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by hoonsince89

here here!

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   
OMG,

I did not know that government ministers had suddenly turned into gods.

Lord help us.

Someone will need to help him down off that pedestal so he doesn't break his leg.

top topics

join