Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

We Have Survived Millions of Years Without...

page: 1
3

log in

join

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Myself and I am sure many researchers have an extremely difficult time explaining to others the importance of many things that are plaguing our planet.

There is a severe misconception that we cannot survive without many things that at some point in our evolution was not needed, or was alot less important to people growing and remaining part of this planet.

Though silly, there are people that cannot understand that there wasn't always a plane, train or car, for us to travel with, and that we say used our feet??

That people communicated without cell phones, and people survived very well without the recommended daily allowance of Big Mac's and milkshakes. I'm not saying that life is not easier now (sort of), but people do not want to see that survival of the fittest has as much importance today as it did in caveman days.

I would like for us to maybe be able to add somethings that seem to be overlooked by many out there about what we have managed to do without back then, yet survived, and flourished. This would be a great thread for those that maybe just started researching, and are unfamiliar with some of the things that are overwhelming our planet, or even for those that are trying to awaken others, and dont know where to start.

Thanks in advance!!
Peace, NRE.




posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver
 


Before money, there was barter and trade, and before barter and trade, people shared.

Wherever there's money, there's poverty.



posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
we have given birth for millennial with out in vitro fertilization and hospitals,plastic diapers, baby formula, or prenatal vitamins


it's a wonder any of us are here



posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver
 

I'd also like to add that we have also survived millions of years without vaccines.



posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Store bought pre-made food.
Store bought pre-made clothes.
Store bought pre-made soap.
Store bought pre-made toilet paper.
Store bought pre-made curtains.
Store bought pre-made furniture.
Store bought pre-made blankets.
Store bought pre-made houses.

You get the idea...



posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Help from any form of government.
That is something we all have lived without since the beginning of time!



posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
political correctness and the nanny state. humanity did quite well without them.
Mass media - again humanity was better off without the propaganda machine and its mindless drivel.

Good thread interesting as always S&F
could come up with more but still having coffee starting day here..



posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Today...well I just shot and killed a pizza and put it in the oven..Wanna know what you really need?
Watch others and then become your own caveman.


My mom made her own bread. I make it to.
We had no macaroni when I was young. Mom made it, and it was very good, I make that to.
I could go on but if I did I would sound like an old man which of course I am.
But.....
There is only one way to truly respect what it is that you have today.
Take your wife and leave for the mountains for a few days. take with you one tent, no radio. flashlight, or anything. well you should take a phone and flashlight for safety. cause you will "Freak".
The best way to understand what you have is to live for a short time without any of those things.
My wife and I did just that a few weeks ago.. 4 days. We did have matches, we did take some primitive foods. We did take a flashlight, and some decks of cards/games. Stayed in a non-electric camp site, and it rained the entire time. We found ourselves fighting to start a fire, and cooking anything was very difficult. We had one single pan that we both ate out of, made chop sticks with tree limbs etc.........
If you really want to know what it is like with no electricity, cell phone, radio, computer. Get yourself out
and do it for real. it is the only way. when we got back I went straight to the fridge and poured myself a nice cold glass of homogenized milk. I now know I could survive, but it would not be fun at all.......
If things get as bad as many on ATS suspect including me, it would be wise to for all of you to do a dry run so you at least will know the difference between what you need, and what you want. We used a state park in Indiana that was considered primitive. I encourage everyone out there to take just a few days and go out with little or nothing. take you Cell phone and leave it shut off. etc.
If you are addicted to your texting, and cell, or to your TV. You will know real fast.



posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
So who wants to go back to the time where the average life span was 35-40 years old?

Not me.



posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrsBlonde
we have given birth for millennial with out in vitro fertilization and hospitals,plastic diapers, baby formula, or prenatal vitamins


it's a wonder any of us are here


A lot less of us were here because of that. There was greater infant mortality and shorter life expectancy. Swings and roundabouts - science does have its benefits.



posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bartibog
reply to post by NoRegretsEver
 

I'd also like to add that we have also survived millions of years without vaccines.



Some people survived. Millions upon millions died of preventable diseases, and still do where the curse of vaccines is too expensive to be spread. But I guess you'd prefer to be the lucky one who didn't get infected. Lucky by chance, or lucky by dint of living in a rich, technologically advanced society.

PS, while we're on the subject of vaccines and modern medicine, I don't see anyone arguing that penicillin is a conspiracy to poison the masses. Y'all swallow the mould without a whisper.
edit on 19-10-2011 by FlyingSpaghettiMonster because: /lh



posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyingSpaghettiMonster
 


IMHO there was something called survival of the fittest. I know that it is hard to understand in today's world, where in many areas people can live into their 80's. Our bodies were not dependent on drugs, and if needed there was trail and error in learning about herbal medicines.

Nowadays there is more of a chance of a mass pandemic due to us not having a "survival of the fittest" immunity. Our bodies can no longer take bacteria, or things that normally would have either made people more immune or killed people.

What would have made a generation stronger, is now open to undiscovered diseases that could kill most of the planet. Somethings as simple as antibiotics is now becoming unusable.

BTW, something that is not talked about, is that we have a tendency to forget that very long ago, people would die from something that their bodies could not handle, but now people can "live" with a disease that cannot be cured, by prolonging their demise with drugs that only make pharmaceutical companies richer.

Peace, NRE.



posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoRegretsEver
reply to post by FlyingSpaghettiMonster
 


IMHO there was something called survival of the fittest. I know that it is hard to understand in today's world, where in many areas people can live into their 80's. Our bodies were not dependent on drugs, and if needed there was trail and error in learning about herbal medicines.

Nowadays there is more of a chance of a mass pandemic due to us not having a "survival of the fittest" immunity. Our bodies can no longer take bacteria, or things that normally would have either made people more immune or killed people.

What would have made a generation stronger, is now open to undiscovered diseases that could kill most of the planet. Somethings as simple as antibiotics is now becoming unusable.

BTW, something that is not talked about, is that we have a tendency to forget that very long ago, people would die from something that their bodies could not handle, but now people can "live" with a disease that cannot be cured, by prolonging their demise with drugs that only make pharmaceutical companies richer.

Peace, NRE.



I think you misunderstand the process of natural selection. 'Survival of the fittest' doesn't just mean 'strongest', it means fitted to their environment, to the species they are part of. Take a cheetah and dump it in Antarctica and it's not going to survive long. Doesn't make it weak. Medical science actually works with nature in producing immunity via inoculations. But even if we survived without medicine, new diseases evolve or are transmitted across species barriers against which even the strongest immune system would be powerless, because it has never encountered the disease before.

Antibiotics are becoming ineffective because diseases evolve like all other life. But the process has been accelerated not by the existence of antiobitics per se, but human beings' inability or unwillingness to use them properly. For instance, the common mistake of not completing a dose only kills off the weaker bacteria, leaving the strongest to breed. Hence a new strain is generated with all the most successful characteristics of the disease and none of the weaknesses.



posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
OP is founded on the idea that "the beach is under the pavement"....a classic fallacy.


with regard to humanity remaining subject to "survival of the fittest", it will be important to recognize that many (if not most or all) of the technologies listed in this thread are moving us in a direction away from Darwinism.

it is my belief that the divergence from Darwinism will ultimately result in a TRANSHUMAN organism....the penultimate goal (telepathy) of the universe itself.


but the beach is most decidedly NOT under the pavement.



posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by tgidkp
OP is founded on the idea that "the beach is under the pavement"....a classic fallacy.


with regard to humanity remaining subject to "survival of the fittest", it will be important to recognize that many (if not most or all) of the technologies listed in this thread are moving us in a direction away from Darwinism.

it is my belief that the divergence from Darwinism will ultimately result in a TRANSHUMAN organism....the penultimate goal (telepathy) of the universe itself.


but the beach is most decidedly NOT under the pavement.



Evolution doesn't stop, ever. Even in a heavily industrialised technological environment, the human race continues to adapt. We are not 'finished', nor will we ever be until our extinction. We aren't 'diverging', we simply continue to evolve, based on what helps us survive in our current environment. But like the cheetah dropped into the middle of the Antarctic, if our environment were to change suddenly, we would be under threat because of our inability to adapt quickly.
edit on 22-10-2011 by FlyingSpaghettiMonster because: more



posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
"wherever there is money there is poverty" you have discovered commons sense without realizing it
so if money is used to cause poverty then inorder for us to use money we must be dumbed down and taught to be dependent and if we are taught to be dependedent than that must make human kind slaves"





new topics

top topics



 
3

log in

join