It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thousands still stand in park after removal threats. OWS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   

I dont know if you guys heard or not but the police were supposed to come in and remove the protesters equipment and then people were going to clean the entire park this morning.

OWS said they will refuse.

The above video was filmed sometime the same day.

IMO they were going to come in and not let them back.

Enjoy

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Bonkrh

The company that owns the park canceled the cleaning..

Old news...

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   
It's a park.
They're occupying a park.
In New York.
Now, I realize that the education system has been dumbed down a tad over the last decade but surely occupying a park 207 miles away from Capitol Hill is at least noticeably wrong.
For those protestors who have an inkling that they might actually be in the wrong place, here's a handy chart to show them just how far off they are - Distance from Washington DC to ...
You'd think that with the sheer amount of gadgets the protestors are carrying, one would have GPS...

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Not seen much about this on the news! Guess ile need to wait till theres some violence then they will report on it for sure!

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

its not old news if it happened today. it is also not old news to people who have not heard about it happening.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Bonkrh

Though I support many of the fundamentals of the movement, I still can't help buy wonder how many people are on the band wagon just because they have a desire to be part of 'something'.
In other words, OWS is trendy, and thus, sexy.

How many jumped on board just because it's trendy, regardless of whether or not they're still there because it's trendy, or if they've actually become believers?

It's more a rhetorical question than anything, but, it's interesting from a sociological standpoint how such things occur, and also seeing it in action.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by nineix

i dont think OWS has enough media coverage to be trendy.

besides.. if people are on the bandwagon then they might actually learn something and thats never a bad thing

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   
It's Brookfield's property; if they don't want someone on their property they have a legal right to make them leave.
They should hire some bulldozer operators to take out the trash.

/TOA

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Because Brookfeild Properties cancelled at the last second and delayed it which effectively allowed them to stay!

This movement is bringing The Financial Capital Of The World to it's knees!
edit on 15-10-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Aestheteka

We are targeting Wall Street because that is where all of the lobbying is made from. Wall St. currently controls Washington so go to the HQ of the financial backers of the candidates is a far more effective strategy. This distracts them from destroying our nations further and puts more pressure on DC to do the right thing by all.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Old American
It's Brookfield's property; if they don't want someone on their property they have a legal right to make them leave.

/TOA

Except that it isn't
www.nytimes.com...
It's basically payment for zoning concessions.
If they want it back, they'll have to tear down 1 Liberty Plaza first.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
On SKY NEWS last night in England (they have never reported much on OCCUPY and what they have reported has been pure lies) , a presenter/reporter said that everyone was leaving WS and tidying up the mess they left .... i litterally couldnt breath for laughing...... now that theyre waiting for london to kick off again , BBC news are saying England is copying america
, and were going to see "occupy" london (*cough* more like occupy JJB sports or Currys ) ...... so , now that its gonna happen over here , AGAIN , they feel like reporting on it..... theyre still saying its a rediculous shambles of a protest over here, that wont go on for much longer ........... riiiiiiiiiiiiight , the world is in fcuking uproar , its took a country like america to get the likes of OZ and other countries involved.... GOOD..... i`m just glad you Yanks have finally seen through the bulltish your fed on a daily basis.

These people saying its a movement of this that and the other , truly dont know what its like to live in poverty, and get sh1t on every time you do your best.... every corner we turn were threatened with bankruptcy and homelessness these days... but were expected to just give everything weve got to keep their little game running, bailing out banks , no one bails us out when we cant afford to pay debt .... they put us on the streets then treat us like sh1t for being homeless.

I`m off to London NOW
its on

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by narwahl

Originally posted by The Old American

/TOA

Except that it isn't
www.nytimes.com...
It's basically payment for zoning concessions.
If they want it back, they'll have to tear down 1 Liberty Plaza first.

My bad. Thanks for the clarification. I should've known that property rights have no place in New York. It's a perfect place, then, for the bowel...er...OWS movement.

/TOA

top topics

join