It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IAEA has the smoking gun 2.0

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Its no secret that Israel have been desperate to launch stikes on Iran's nuclear infrastructure for years now, and the thing that has stopped them doing it thus far is some cool heads in washington and within the Israeli millitary itself. Well the IAEA are about to hand Israel all the fuel it needs to convince doubters that the Iranians are trying to construct a nuclear weapon.

The U.N. atomic watchdog is expected to spell out in more detail soon the reasons for its growing concern that Iran may be working covertly to develop a nuclear missile, diplomats say. For several years, the IAEA has been investigating Western intelligence reports indicating Iran has melded efforts to process uranium, test explosives at high altitude and revamp a ballistic missile cone to accommodate a nuclear warhead.
in.reuters.com...
I have always been convinced Israel will never allow an Iranian nuclear bomb 'no matter what the cost' and with the recent racheting up of propaganda against Iran with fictitious nonsense like the assassination plot last week. It all points to evidence that behind the scenes, the decision to attack Iran has been given a green light. This is like watching the Iraq war build up all over again. When the attack will happen is hard to guess. I also think we will see the use of small tactical nukes used to destroy the underground facilities in Iran, the first use of such weapons since the end of WW2. How the chinese russians and Iranians themselves respond to this will be unpredictable to say the least (which is why Israel have been held back for so long).

While I do not believe the chinese or russians will become involved directly, the volatile nature of the middle east and the complex relationships from country to country in the area, make the situation very unpredictable. Its feasable that another type of cold war may ensue between east and west, with the middle east its proxy battlefield.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Atzil321

Yep, IMO ALL undisclosed nuclear facilities should be nuked..
So when is it Israel's turn??

Or are some people special.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

Yep, IMO ALL undisclosed nuclear facilities should be nuked..
So when is it Israel's turn??

Or are some people special.

when is americas turn?

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by ShortMemory

Umm, America is an undeclared nuclear power.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

Umm, America is an undeclared nuclear power.

i dont see what declaring it has to do with anything, its still just as dangerous to the world
dont you think its a bit silly that they cant have nukes but we can?
how do you expect them to get rid of them if we wont either?

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   

I say lets wait and see what is released in the report. As you have said, the Israelis will not sit by idly much longer and will do whatever it takes to see Iran does not get the bomb. We saw it in the 1980's when they flew into Iraq and bombed Saddam Hussein's Osirak nuclear reactor. It surprised the world.

I would not put much stock in the United States responding, but Israel is the one to watch because they will go in with or without US or EU support. Personally, I feel the Israelis will be biting off more than they can chew. The US and other nations could get drawn in begrudgingly because of their long held support of Israel. Iran will be no cake walk like conflicts we have seen thus far in this century, and I have a gut feeling tactical nukes could be an option if it turns into the meat grinder I think it may. I am a curious if China and Russia will get involved given their close relationship both militarily and economically with Iran?

If nukes are used? Pandora's box will once again be opened and the world changes over night. This could be merely more fearmongering on my part, and this will go down with the other instances of attack Iran misses? Just my speculations. I am interested to see what they have found in this report, and if it is indeed the smoking gun? Lets wait and see.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Declaring is a way to deter. Hiding something in one's basement tells the world that I'll use it at my own will cause you don't know I got one and wont come looking for me if it is used. Much, much more dangerous.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by subcsailor

Declaring is a way to deter. Hiding something in one's basement tells the world that I'll use it at my own will cause you don't know I got one and wont come looking for me if it is used. Much, much more dangerous.

i think if any country declares that it has nukes and theres nothing anyone can do about it, that it should be all countries right to have nukes for their defence.. just because america declared them doesnt mean they dont have a full basement! its not like they will ever tell us their intents and other possibly more dangerous technologys they have.
of course its dangerous for other countries to have them, but no more dangerous then in the hands of america..

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Mate my original post was sarcasm..
Why should Israel scream about countries wanting nukes when they have their own??

That was my point..

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

I think you misunderstood my thread. I am not trying to justify any attack on Iran, im just saying what could happen soon, in light of the pending IAEA report. Israel have been looking long and hard for an excuse to bomb Iran and this may offer it to them on a silver platter. Small yield nukes would be needed to destroy such deeply buried facilities, I was not saying 'we should nuke them'.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   

I was just replying to the link..

Anyways, IMO Israel would be making a HUGE mistake if they bombed Iran and especially if they use nukes..

Ya know, no country has used nukes when other countries could respond with same..
The US did it when no one else had the capacity..

Israel may get a nasty shock..

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Americas turn on what> special interest> for Israel,.or interst groups

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   

The IAEA has real proof really?
just like they did with iraq with faking the proof.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   
I think you forget that Iran supplies a huge amount of liquid gold - oil, Isreal does not - so which is the more important country and the one likely to be protected, regardless of whether people like their politics or not?
I would expect that Iran would certainly mine their oil installations were they about to be taken over and without their pumping capacity can you imagine the price of oil? We'd all be held to ransome, depression today, disaster tomorrow.

A far greater threat to nuclear problems is Pakistan in my opinion. What if a suicide bomber got into their arsenal or one of their military turned rogue? We'd have heaven knows what flying heaven knows where.

As I understand it, oil requirements may have gone down a little, but we are heading for winter in the northern hemisphere and I don't see Europe wanting any problems, especially Germany.

Everyone treats Israel as some special case. Its not, its a tiny little country that appears to bat well above its level. Its not another State of America and although still fairly muted, most people are wondering why this tiny country with such a minority of people behaves as though its a supercontinent. Does no one see that this little country is posturing starting a war and we will all be drawn into it? Do we want such a minority deciding our futures. In reality, Israel is only isolating itself further and further and it would be interesting to see, apart from those countries where there are dual passport holders in Government, how many countries are in accord with her view and more importantly in fact, how many of her own people agree with their own Government's view.

People clatter on about nukes, but far the better weapon, because it doesn't destroy a acountry's infrastructure, is the germ and chemical warfare, both of which I suspect Iran is well supplied with - along with Syria on Israel's border.

I don't think its even worth going there with this war mongering, we have economic problems to deal with rather than turn the whole Muslim world against us, because Saudi would very likely be fired upon and then chaos would break out. Two separate lots of oil fields destroyed would bring WW3 and us ultimately backi to the stone age.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Just like Iraq had wmd's.. Here we go again another report from the UN thats loaded with bovine fecal matter so that israel and amerika can go on another mass-murder rampage..

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Expat888

Yes, but the same ones whining that Iran should be bombed are the ones that also laugh at Irans missile technology..

Go figure.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

true.. tho if they decide to continue their game they may find that it's not as funny as they thought.. some have to learn the hard way ..

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Surprised this thread isn't getting more attention. Along with the foiled Iranian "terror attack" this is definitely looking like the prelude to an attack of some kind. Alex Jones is saying within the next 2 weeks....and although I generally don't trust the guy, he may be right this time.

top topics

join