It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

United States Preemptive Strike imperative

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 02:56 PM
link   
GD, where exactly in there does it say ANYTHING about a car bombing? Did you actually read it? The last major terrorist attack was Omagh, and that was the final nail in the coffin for the IRA, as the people lost an sympathy for them.

By the way, i am refferring to your pointless link in reply to my question about the IRA....

www.pais.org/hottopics/2001/Summer/index.stm

[edit on 31-8-2004 by stumason]

GD

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 03:13 PM
link   
It's terrorism in general, in Ulster. It wasn't pointless. It pointed out the many thousands of deaths in Ireland, by terrorist hands. It shows that appeasing terrorists is not the correct policy. Perhaps you should read the whole document.

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I did you numpty.

Yes, there was terrorism, NO ONE IS DENYING THAT. Is there now? NO.

You said that there was still car bombings in Ulster, I asked you for proof, and you provided the link....which says nothing no-one already knows, and sweet FA about any car bombings since the Peace Process.

Read the posts again, come back to me when you have an answer, or step off.

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 04:50 PM
link   
GD,

Actually, no I was not out marching. That's on Thursday's plan. I am not sure what your comment's intention is, but I do feel strongly that it is up to Americans, ie. you and me, to do something if we are not satisfied.

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 06:26 PM
link   
we have to be carefull, its not like its liberalism, we need a target, and till we do we cant drop a bomb, tnt, on anyone in a sovereign country, its a whole counrty for god's sake, people trying to make a living, there like you and me, we all want to live, its the one's who's in power who are to blame

we are a example to the world, we have freedom of speech, laws, against corruption, even tho it is rampant, power = money

its very complicated and not as simple as PRE-EMPTIVE STRIKES NOW!!! lol

GD

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by LukeNYC
GD,

Actually, no I was not out marching. That's on Thursday's plan. I am not sure what your comment's intention is, but I do feel strongly that it is up to Americans, ie. you and me, to do something if we are not satisfied.

You are from NY, per your name, and your post's seem to indicate you would fit the "demographic" of one that would be marching this week. I don't agree with you, but I would die for your right to free speech. Enjoy your constitutional rights. There are many places on earth that would not allow you this right to assemble.

GD

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by drunkinjedi
we have to be carefull, its not like its liberalism, we need a target, and till we do we cant drop a bomb, tnt, on anyone in a sovereign country, its a whole counrty for god's sake, people trying to make a living, there like you and me, we all want to live, its the one's who's in power who are to blame

we are a example to the world, we have freedom of speech, laws, against corruption, even tho it is rampant, power = money

its very complicated and not as simple as PRE-EMPTIVE STRIKES NOW!!! lol

The United States has been amazing in controlling collateral damage. Think back to WW 2. Dresden was fire bombed and Japan was nuked.

You are right. We are an example to the world. As such we must make it understood that we will not tolerate terrorism on any level. Neither should other nations.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Where I disagree is when you say that you don't blame the American Public for these atrocities. All of this information is out there. People can find it. Sure, it's not on the cover of a magazine or aired during American Idol, but it is there. We are ALL responsible for what our government does. We have to stop thinking of government as a seperate entity that is beyond our grasp. It's our responsibilty to learn about these things.
[edit on 31-8-2004 by LukeNYC]

You are right, this info is out their, and people can find it. But as you have said, you wont find this in any mainstream source or publication. This just shows the extent of our so called 'Free Speech'. In my opinion, their has been massive propaganda and indoctrination programs imopsed on the American public, with the result being nation wide apath towards politics. Before the word propoganda was villanised by the Nazis, America also had its own ministry of propoganda, now taken over by the large PR industry that has been created. Yes the public should do something about this, but given our athoritarian top down style of government we wrongly call democracy, the public has been largely removed from all political disccusion and decision. To me, blaming the public for these atrocities is like blaming slaves for being slaves. What we need is more public political awarness, and eventuall dismantaling of our athouritarian style government, and our social classes, in favour of a system that promotes equality for all.

[edit on 1-9-2004 by sp23]

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by sp23

Where I disagree is when you say that you don't blame the American Public for these atrocities. All of this information is out there. People can find it. Sure, it's not on the cover of a magazine or aired during American Idol, but it is there. We are ALL responsible for what our government does. We have to stop thinking of government as a seperate entity that is beyond our grasp. It's our responsibilty to learn about these things.
[edit on 31-8-2004 by LukeNYC]

To me, blaming the public for these atrocities is like blaming slaves for being slaves. What we need is more public political awarness, and eventuall dismantaling of our athouritarian style government, and our social classes, in favour of a system that promotes equality for all.

Slightly different situation. The slaves were brought here and kept on a general PUBLIC consensus that this oppression was legitimate and therefore OK. American people, you and I, already have the legal freedoms to pusue these truths, ie the right to education. Slaves of course were not to blame for being slaves, but I would also argue that had it not been for the slaves and their potent and fierce refusal to live that way, the course of slavery would have taken much longer to finally rectify itself. Even though the odds were tremendous, slaves still broke the opression and rebelled against the oppressive system that was theit captor.

The same situation allies here. Where do you think this public awareness begins? How can we dismantle this system without the public? Are we to wait for the government, or "system", to give us a chance?

The answer is NO. Social awakening happens when everyone stops and pays attention to what is happening around them, but again I emphasize that this is not an impossibilty and that no government can repress it's people indefinitely.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 12:17 PM
link   
conservative, liberal, catholic, muslim, me, you, everyone has screwed up, and from the way things look, everyone is screwed and still screwing. lets just all drop it all, move to switzerland, and have a party. i know its kind of skirting the issues, but all this good evil preemptive terror #e has just got me tired. alot of other people too. i will fight to protect my home, my family, and myself. i can see why iraqis fight. i can see why palestinians fight. i dont see larry silverstien, who leased the wtc shortly before the attacks, out there fighting terrorists, hell hes probably in switzerland enjoying the few billion in insurance that he recieved. i feel for the victims, all victims. 1200 people die everyday from ciggarettes. any 2 days tops 911. wheres the tragedy in that. we all will die someday. no one picks their time, because thats illegal. man i didnt even want to get started so effin pointless. all you warmongerin hippy peaceniks can kiss my neolibcon ass, if you can find me in sweet neutral switzerland, playin beach volleyball with their womens olympic team.rotglolrotglol
x

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 12:24 PM
link   
seriously though, lets blow it all up. ALL of it.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 12:49 PM
link   
So I take it that you are a "glass is half empty" kind of person?

Fortunately, you have the freedom to pack up and move to Switzerland.

Bon Voyage.

As for myself, New york is the place to be and until we confront these issues head on, there won't be any freedom left for anyone, even in Switzerland...

[edit on 1-9-2004 by LukeNYC]

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join