It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Court blocks part of Alabama immigration no ID no water enforcement law

page: 2
2
<< 1   >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by pityocamptes
 


No it isn't the only country with Jus soli citizenshp here is a list:

Jus Soli wiki

and there are many illegals in Mexico even from the US. It's not that bad here's a story:

An American's Lament "I was deported too"



edit on 14-10-2011 by daskakik because: (no reason given)




posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by daskakik

Originally posted by popsmayhem
I do not think that is right for the feds or Obama to trump laws of a state.


That was settled during the civil war. You might not think it's right but it is the way it is.


First off, it wasn't a civil war. It was the 2nd war of independance.

Second, the Federal government still shouldbt trump state laws, the war didn't change that.



posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by xstealth
 


Call it whatever you want but at the end of it the states realized who was in charge. Right or wrong? That is a matter of opinion but the fact remains that the southern states' power was trumped from then on.


edit on 14-10-2011 by daskakik because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by daskakik
reply to post by pityocamptes
 


No it isn't the only country with Jus soli citizenshp here is a list:

Jus Soli wiki

and there are many illegals in Mexico even from the US. It's not that bad here's a story:

An American's Lament "I was deported too"



edit on 14-10-2011 by daskakik because: (no reason given)




So how many Americans "illegally" in Mexico are sucking off the welfare tit and bankrupting the state? Your wrong on Mexico. The only way they will grant citizenship is if your parents or grandparents were born in mexico but you were not. So your parents were illegals in America, they give to birth to you, and did not seek duel citizenship. You eventually have your own children, but are not a citizen of Mexico. However, since your parents were they will grant citizenship to your children and YOU if that is what you desire...



posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Allowing a state to refuse water to someone is against the Constitution and human rights. I admit, I don't know the details of this insane law. But states can't just go willy nilly making laws that are unconstitutional.


I fail to see where in the Constitution it states that people have the right to connect to water services?

And yes, States can create their own laws, regarding Utilities and such.



posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by pityocamptes
 


Didn't realize it was a Mexico specific thing.

You made a couple points that were false:

1 US is the only country that has birthright citizenship.
2 Those who sneak into Mexico don't last long.

Trying to change and make out to be about the loose control that the US over handing out federal aid or saying what hoops you have to do to be a Mexican citizen doesn't change anything.



posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by daskakik
reply to post by pityocamptes
 


Didn't realize it was a Mexico specific thing.

You made a couple points that were false:

1 US is the only country that has birthright citizenship.
2 Those who sneak into Mexico don't last long.

Trying to change and make out to be about the loose control that the US over handing out federal aid or saying what hoops you have to do to be a Mexican citizen doesn't change anything.




Number 1 is correct, most other nations require some "lineage" in the country you claim citizenship, the US does not. Number 2 is correct, have you ever seen Mexico's southern border? Good luck coming in as a Central American... you will probably find yourself beaten, robbed, raped, and imprisoned...



posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by pityocamptes
 


I am Central American and know many that have travelled through mexico illegally so I know that much of the hype is just propaganda to win sympathy for their cause.

Jus soli citizenship is just that. Citizenship just for being born there. You just think lineage is a requirement. If you can link the proof that this is so for every other country other than the US then I will admit I was wrong.

Scratch that last part here is a link to the Mexican Constitution which states at Chapter II, Article 30:



The Mexican nationality shall be acquired either by birth or by naturalization.
A. The Mexican by birth shall be:
I. The individuals born within the Republic's territory whatever their parent's nationality might be:



edit on 14-10-2011 by daskakik because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by xstealth

Originally posted by daskakik

Originally posted by popsmayhem
I do not think that is right for the feds or Obama to trump laws of a state.


That was settled during the civil war. You might not think it's right but it is the way it is.


First off, it wasn't a civil war. It was the 2nd war of independance.

Second, the Federal government still shouldbt trump state laws, the war didn't change that.


My thinking exactly regardless if people like this law or not..



new topics

top topics



 
2
<< 1   >>

log in

join