It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cold Fusion working model?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
oilprice.com...

there are always posts about devices or theories about cold fusion, or other energy creating concepts (where more energy is produced than the input). have these scientists done this? it looks like they are trying to make the working model to actually making this a reality.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Rossi isn't a Scientist. He is an engineer that got his diploma from a fake university. He also doesn't claim his reactor to be cold fusion. Whether or not he "did it", it's still up for debate...

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Lawgiver

IMO, there are many examples of perpetual energy sources.
It will not soon become a reality due to the loads of $$$$ being made off of oil.
They can only hold it back for so long though.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Lawgiver

That was a pretty good find. I imagine it would take a little outside help. It's a big project to take on. Many have tried and many have failed and many more have out right lied to make money off their ideas for free energy. Hope this guy can work it out. I bet the big oil companies will buy him out before a working model can go public or they would lose money hand over fist. We all know how Big Oil behaves when they stand to lose money.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by mikemck1976

We all know how Big Oil behaves when they stand to lose money.

If they bought out a working model of such a contraption they would stand to make a lot of money wouldn't they...

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

If they bought out a working model of such a contraption they would stand to make a lot of money wouldn't they...

The thing wouldn't even see the light of day. Can't make money off something that can produce energy for free. That's what happend to Tesla's idea for Wireless Power. Old J.P. Morgan couldn't make money off of it. So he pulled all of Tesla's funding.
edit on 13-10-2011 by mikemck1976 because: Grammer Grimlens

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Most physicists know that cold fusion was confirmed by U.S. Naval Labs long ago.

Do a google search, Navy confirms cold fusion.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikemck1976

The thing wouldn't even see the light of day. Can't make money off something that can produce energy for free.

No? Just like you can't sell something that everyone can get for free too, right?

Case in point.

How would it be free exactly, by the way? You need to fabricate materials, construct the units, conduct maintenance... pump water through the units, etc. (water is not free by the way... unless you collect rainwater)

Nuclear reactions...(cold fusion) Unregulated? No operating costs, licensing costs... nothing?

Just free? Plug it in and it runs forever?

I don't think so....

For your argument's sake though, lets say it's 100% free. What is the profit realized by the corporation that sells that to the consumer?

0.00 Cost 15c/kWh......

Profit? 15c kWh, not bad...

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   

The thing wouldn't even see the light of day. Can't make money off something that can produce energy for free. That's what happend to Tesla's idea for Wireless Power. Old J.P. Morgan couldn't make money off of it. So he pulled all of Tesla's funding.

eCats, if they work, aren't free. As described by Rossi, they need to be refueled by with his secret nickel catalyst every six months and they consume hydrogen. Operators can't refill it; the reactor will be serviced by Rossi licensees. So you have not only a continuous need for highly-refined raw materials, you also have a brand new worldwide service sector. If an energy conglomerate got hold of it, they might sit on it for a few years while they repositioned themselves for nickel purification and hydrogen distribution, but they'd eventually put it out there. There's also a lot of free money for green technology (e.g. Solyndra), so even a smaller company could bring it to market.
edit on 13-10-2011 by FurvusRexCaeli because: Ni

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   

The thing wouldn't even see the light of day. Can't make money off something that can produce energy for free.

No? Just like you can't sell something that everyone can get for free too, right?

Case in point.

How would it be free exactly, by the way? You need to fabricate materials, construct the units, conduct maintenance... pump water through the units, etc. (water is not free by the way... unless you collect rainwater)

Nuclear reactions...(cold fusion) Unregulated? No operating costs, licensing costs... nothing?

Just free? Plug it in and it runs forever?

I don't think so....

For your argument's sake though, lets say it's 100% free. What is the profit realized by the corporation that sells that to the consumer?

0.00 Cost 15c/kWh......

Profit? 15c kWh, not bad...

Big Oil is in the Big Oil business, not the Let's make a machine that we sell one per household of that makes free energy and lose money on in the long term business.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Big Oil is in the Big Oil business, not the Let's make a machine that we sell one per household of that makes free energy and lose money on in the long term business.

Who said they would market it your way if they bought out the rights to it? Obviously they are familiar with a profitable business model. Nothing would take away from that having a lower cost source of power.

Rossi himself isn't even trying to offer anything free. He has been looking for ways to make money off this since he came out public with the idea.

Not sure what world you live in...

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   

I think you miss the point they wont sell to house holds but use it to produce energy to sell to house holds. When they buy the rights to the products they can hord it and sell the energy thats just how they do as long as it costs less than what they are using now and they can put a meter on it they will and they will make money do they really care if it helps anything but their rep and the share holders no (thats their duty) and they do it well. It would be nice for us to be able to get ahold of these things if they worked and where cheaper than paying the companys (But thats what they will try to make sure does not happen they will be used just not by us to power our own houses
).

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Who said they would market it your way if they bought out the rights to it? Obviously they are familiar with a profitable business model. Nothing would take away from that having a lower cost source of power.

Rossi himself isn't even trying to offer anything free. He has been looking for ways to make money off this since he came out public with the idea.

Not sure what world you live in...

I didn't come here to argue with you or pass judgment on other peoples posts. That’s not my thing. Yes, I will discuss the subject in question but I'm not going to set here and argue with you. I like your other posts and threads and you seem like a well-read individual, but at this moment you are being a little disrespectful and a bit of a dick.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by jonco6
I think you miss the point they wont sell to house holds but use it to produce energy to sell to house holds. When they buy the rights to the products they can hord it and sell the energy thats just how they do as long as it costs less than what they are using now and they can put a meter on it they will and they will make money do they really care if it helps anything but their rep and the share holders no (thats their duty) and they do it well. It would be nice for us to be able to get ahold of these things if they worked and where cheaper than paying the companys (But thats what they will try to make sure does not happen they will be used just not by us to power our own houses
).

This thing, even if it works, doesn't produce electricity. It produces heat and gamma rays. Do you really want a hydrogen-fueled nuclear steam generator in your house? I don't. If the hydrogen leaks, you go boom. If the gamma rays leak, your hair falls out and you vomit out your stomach lining and you die. If the steam leaks, you get cooked. Add to that the refueling requirement, and Rossi's inability to keep the thing running for more than a few hours without fiddling with it, and you get something I don't want in my house.

A decentralized network of eCat-based power generating stations? Sure, if it works. But not in my house, or my neighbor's house.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   

You're comparing apples and oranges. If you beam wireless power to people it's hard to meter.

But we already have electric meters on everyone's house. To use the e-cat, you would just bill people with the standard electric meter that's already being used. The source of power is transparent to the consumer. And for the power company, it's a cost savings if it's cheaper to use the e-cat versus coal, as Boncho said.

Anyway, no sense arguing about a technology that I suspect doesn't even work. Rossi was supposed to build the working power plant this month. That would silence the skeptics like me. But as I predicted, he's already slipping away from his October commitment to build the plant.

Just you watch, he'll have more excuses than a mink coat has hairs for why he never built his production facility. He's already posted the first excuse on his website.

And if I'm proven wrong and the thing actually works as he claims, I'll still be happy, because it might lead to a lower electric bill for me. But don't count those chickens before they hatch.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by FurvusRexCaeli
This thing, even if it works, doesn't produce electricity. It produces heat and gamma rays. Do you really want a hydrogen-fueled nuclear steam generator in your house? I don't.
That's not part of his plan right now.

But I've seen his demo and if it worked I think it could be engineered safely. Lead isn't too expensive and that will stop most of the radiation. The other hazards are manageable. I just installed a natural gas powered hot water heater which certainly has an explosion potential, but we manage to install safety devices that make it reasonably safe. Some people won't use them and will only use electric, but the gas water heater doesn't seem too unsafe to me if it's properly installed and maintained. The risks of Rossi's device look as manageable as the risks of a natural gas water heater to me. The risks exist, but they don't keep the device out of my house.

But since I suspect his device doesn't even work, it's probably a moot discussion about whether we would have one in our house.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   

It is nothing personal. I am short with "big oil will never let that happen" posts. Comments like these are superficial, emotional and border on propaganda.

"Big Oil stole my plans" is a theme that has been used by many a fraudulent "free energy" "inventors". It's actually a quite common way to protect oneself from prosecution.

I am simply against such shortsighted rhetoric.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   

It is nothing personal. I am short with "big oil will never let that happen" posts. Comments like these are superficial, emotional and border on propaganda.

"Big Oil stole my plans" is a theme that has been used by many a fraudulent "free energy" "inventors". It's actually a quite common way to protect oneself from prosecution.

I am simply against such shortsighted rhetoric.

That's OK. Sorry about the dick comment. I went back and reread the article and I clearly misunderstood it. It was late and I had worked a 12 hour day so I must have skimmed over the article. I have a personal vendetta against Big Oil. Lol
There’s a part of my family in a state that I shall not name that screwed over another part of my family in an oil deal long ago.
It’s kind of a Hatfield and the Mccoy thing.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Oil companies have certainly screwed a number of people. Including third world villages, domestic land owners and just about anyone else has gone up against their legal teams. Not to mention past employees.

Them screwing 'free energy' inventors though....

Forgive my skepticism...

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
my name is andrea rossi and
i bring to you the answer that will
save the world!

all my skeptics are clowns and snakes!

we must rid the world of these clowns and snakes!

because only i andrea rossi can save the world!

(twilight zone segue he's alive episode)

rise up my believers!

the snakes and clowns reqiure proof!

did herr hitler require proof?

did mussolini require proof?

i have a "secret customer"

i have a "secret sauce"

i have all the secrets!

believe in me and attack the clowns and snakes

ban them from your websites!

call them "psuedoskeptics" (whatever that means)

and remember we will prevail over any conspiracy

that my followers invent!

heil rossi!

new topics

top topics

join