It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is this ugly creature I caught on the underwater cam?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I was watching an underwater cam at a river in Wisconsin....and this thing comes floating up! It never swam, just sat there on the bottom of the river for over an hour....when I left, he was still there....anyone know what it is?
I have to leave for work, but I'll check this in the morning....I'm dying of curiosity! Here's the link to the cam
www.livefishcamera.com...

edit on 10/13/2011 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

That seems like a catfish, not sure what species, but looks like good eating.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Some sort of barbel or catfish maybe... It is ugly whatever it is.

Barbel

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Three eyed lump of blubber with fins? Like you, I'll wait for the answer.

Looks interesting that's for sure

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by LeTan

That's what I thought too....but I never saw one with teeth....and the eyes are facing forward, not on the side of the head. I wish I had more time to do some searching. Have you seen one like this before?

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Yeah...that is what I thought was strange...he just sat there,never swimming or anything.... and I just went to the cam and he's still there...it's so FAT!

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Actually, now that you mentioned it... it also lacks a dorsal fin.
The more times I watch that video, it looks less and less like a catfish. Guess I'm in the same boat as you now. What the heck is that thing?

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Wide-Eyes

Yes, that does look similar....maybe it's my imagination, but I thought I saw teeth in it's mouth....grrrr I have to leave for work now...carry on!

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I'd definitely say a catfish imo...

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Looks like a Sturgeon to me.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat
reply to post by Destinyone

Yeah...that is what I thought was strange...he just sat there,never swimming or anything.... and I just went to the cam and he's still there...it's so FAT!

Strangely, it looks like a mammal to me. A big fat lazy mammal.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
From looking at the feelers or whiskers and the bottom feeding environment it resembles a type of catfish or my ex wife. But she had bigger fangs.

Don't know for sure but its almost as scarey as she was.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I don't know about the teeth, it does look like it has teeth, but it could just be camera lighting and angle? Who knows? It does look like a giant catfish though. And yeah Kat, it is really FAT

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
It's an ugly angry fish... its definitely annoyed with that dangling thing...

Man i wouldn't even eat it, I like normal looking fish.. OO fish with big teeth just make me think they're as likely to eat me as I them. Well, I tell a lie, I love flake.

And you had me checking things every time I watched it, the Windows DING - like when you hear an Email sound on the radio, and you go checking for it, only to go WTH???

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by LeTan

JESUS! They real?

They just caught a shark down here, and those things are bigger than it, and this shark had just bitten a hammer head in half before they caught it.

8^o
edit on 13/10/2011 by Ha`la`tha because: them/it

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
It also looks similar to a Manatee, but, since it never moves to surface for air, if it was a manatee, it'd be a dead manatee.

Highest probability is likely a catfish as suggested by others.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Errr, I think its a platypus?

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I have no Idea but it looks like the Neanderthal of fish. Very stupid, with an angry and mean look in its eyes. Slack jawed and ugly. I'm going to call it cootie.
edit on 10/13/2011 by Mcupobob because: (no reason given)

EDIT: I'm asking another forum, They say ugly manatee.
edit on 10/13/2011 by Mcupobob because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Definitely don't want to be down there when he has teeth like that...

Holy Batman!

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   

It's not a catfish, the eyes and pectoral fins are wrong. I'm pretty sure it is an Atlantic Sturgeon. It is a heavy one but I've seen some sturgeon that are huge, especially when you come face to face with them during a low visibility dive.

They live in the Great Lakes and in the Mississipi so it's probable that they can be found in the Wisconsin river.

To those that where mentionning the lack of dorsal fin, on the sturgeon, the dorsal fin is far back and small so it's possible it would not be visible.

As for it's lack of movement, it's typical of this bottom dweller that waits for prey to come by.

Hope that helps ! Cheers

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join