It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Soros money behind Occupy Wall Street?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by JIMC5499

Why would Soros bankroll a group that has him as a target for? It makes no sense! He can't benefit from the success of this group as it would negatively affect him. Think about it!
edit on 14-10-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1
reply to post by JIMC5499

Why would Soros bankroll a group that has him as a target for? It makes no sense! He can't benefit from the success of this group as it would negatively affect him. Think about it!
edit on 14-10-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

How is Soros a target? He's been ushering the group along, giving addresses of the 'elite'. Funny, he always leaves out his own address. He's not a target, he's the puppeteer!

BTW, how many grassroot uprisings have full-color daily newspapers that begin on day one of the 'protest'?
edit on 14-10-2011 by SourGrapes because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

Soros is a speculator, any kind of turmoil in the Stock Markets or the value of currency, he makes money. As long as he can keep stirring things up, he's laughing all the way to the bank.

One thing. When the OWS protestors left to protest at the buildings where some of these "evil bankers" live, they went right past Soros's building without stopping. Why?

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1
reply to post by Indigo5

Adbusters involvement is only recent and the fact they got money means nothing and is no indicator that the very cent spent to issue to Adbusters was the exact same cent that Soros gave to Tides.

Adbusters spent that money on server rental fees as that will pay for only like what? 6 months? A site like ATS would blow through that in 3 months on server costs alone.

This disproves and destroys this claim right out the water.

Say I give you $100 and you spend it on I don't know, say a dozen packs of pens at $8 each, that $100 I gave you bought you pens and you make another $500 on services rendered and you finance a political movement. My money does not finance the movement. You'd need at least $500,000 to be rendered half as effective.

You know we agree? Right? Just asking because your response read like a rebuttal.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by JIMC5499

Originally posted by Indigo5
You do know that actual researchers and journalists have already debunked the Soros connection?

Really? Define actual? Oh you mean ones that you agree with.

It is not about agree or disagree...the journalists didn't debunk the Soros connection, the facts did.

What is left after the facts is 26k, two years before the OWS movement, given to adbusters by an organization that Soros contributed to...and Soros's contribution was to that other organization was earmarked and DID NOT go to adbusters....so the paultry 26k isn't even from him.

The theorey is just a rotting dead horse that you seem to content to continue to kick.

Nothing to do with left/right or pro or anti OWS...just some old fashioned THINKING and READING of actual DATA and FACTS.

"agree" is for opinions...

You are only entitled to your own opinion as long as you do not have the facts, once you have actual facts, honest people are obligated to the the TRUTH.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by SourGrapes

How is Soros a target? He's been ushering the group along, giving addresses of the 'elite'.

Link to that claim?....You are getting stars and patting yourself on the back for simply making crap up.

ATS - DENY IGNORANCE

BTW, how many grassroot uprisings have full-color daily newspapers that begin on day one of the 'protest'?

Here is a question....How many posters on this thread lie through their teeth on a regualr basis?

Adbusters Media Foundation is a not-for-profit, anti-consumerist, pro-environment[1] organization founded in 1989 by Kalle Lasn and Bill Schmalz in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. The foundation describes itself as "a global network of artists, activists, writers, pranksters, students, educators and entrepreneurs who want to advance the new social activist movement of the information age."[2]

The Adbusters Media Foundation publishes the reader-supported, advertising-free Adbusters, an activist magazine with an international circulation of 120,000[3] devoted to challenging consumerism. Notable past and present contributors to the magazine include Christopher Hedges, Matt Taibbi, Bill McKibben, Jim Munroe, Douglas Rushkoff, Jonathan Barnbrook, David Graeber and others.

Adbusters has launched numerous international campaigns, including Buy Nothing Day, TV Turnoff Week and Occupy Wall Street, and is known for their "subvertisements" that spoof popular advertisements
en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 14-10-2011 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-10-2011 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   

How is Soros a target? He's been ushering the group along, giving addresses of the 'elite'.

Link to that claim?....You are getting stars and patting yourself on the back for simply making crap up.

ATS - DENY IGNORANCE

Here is a question....How many posters on this thread lie through their teeth on a regualr basis?

Occupy Wall Street Journal is Funded By George Soros' Tides, Code Pink and Michael Moore

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by FaceLikeTheSun

Originally posted by soylentcitizen
You cannot politicize this event. Informed citizens, leaderless and driven for all the right reasons will not look to leadership if the feet on the ground are the leadership. This is not like any sets of protest i have seen in anytime before 2001. It is GLOBAL. It is a time of momentous change and there will be bumps. We need to rely upon each others' dream of a better future rather than the dreams of other more grand ideals. Basics first.... then politics and ect.

We all dream of a better future. That's not the issue here. The problem is not the ideals of these people. The protesters, at least the ones who are informed, are there because they want to create change. But the issue is that the agenda behind the making of a world government cannot happen expressively by force. They need to create the chaos to provide a solution. This is shown throughout history over and over again. And so even though the people are there as an uprising, the elite will, and probably already has plans in place to use this momentum to usher in their globalist agenda. It's NOT as simple as "we will rise and down with the government."
edit on 13-10-2011 by FaceLikeTheSun because: typo

ask yourself WHO is creating chaos in this world ok ???
is it you ? me ? the average family ??
no man, it's the system - corporations - killing nature ( BP remember ? ) killing good food ( Monsanto remember ? ) killing love, killing everything positiv and human and killing hope for a better world also !!
so please revolt REVOLT against this mad system ..... or go drink another beer and sleep well !!
Good night miss Barby !
edit on 15-10-2011 by Sunlionspirit because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex
reply to post by Sunlionspirit

I see you have been bitten by the ideological bug.

The Tea Party is not funded by the Koch Bros. A element of the Tea Party as accepted funding by them, but not all, and if you really look at the Tea Party, you will see that it is a fractured as OWS concerning groups with different agendas.

Now let's reverse roles shall we?

The OWS is not funded by Soros. A element of the OWS as accepted funding by him and his front companies, but not all, and if you really look at the OWS, you will see that it is a fractured as the Tea Party concerning groups with different agendas.

It's pretty much have the same thing, ain't it?

Hey, yes I have been bitten yes !!! BITTEN !!! OK ???? bitten by GW Bush, by Reagan and his Reaganomics, by Thatcher, that old puffy lady, by Monsanto and their frankenfood crazy GMO corn and soya and all the rest of their crap, bitten by BP oil spill because of no security control and greedy $$$$ foolish behaviour ..... yes man, I tell you clear and loud :

I HAVE BEEN BITTEN AND I DO NOT LIKE

IT

SO I WILL BITE MYSELF NOW IN THEIR

STUPID BRAINLESS NEO-CAPITALIST

***SS !!! MAY I

or do I have to ask your permission ,?? I

thought americans were so proud of their

self defense ???

hahahaha but only against the weakest,

not against the powerfull corrupt

politicians and corporations ???!!!

hahahaha Yes I am bitten and angry

ok ???
Peace and love ok ? but do not play with my .....

edit on 15-10-2011 by Sunlionspirit because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   

How is Soros a target? He's been ushering the group along, giving addresses of the 'elite'. Funny, he always leaves out his own address. He's not a target, he's the puppeteer!

How would any of this help him or fit into his personal plans?

edit on 14-10-2011 by SourGrapes because: (no reason given)

Aside from the TEA party?

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   

ATS - DENY IGNORANCE

Occupy Wall Street Journal is Funded By George Soros' Tides, Code Pink and Michael Moore

Your post seems so credible in getting the name of the movement wrong more than once.

Where might I find this OWSJ protest?

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by SourGrapes

Only like 1 or 2 local channels here begun to pickup on it by the end of the first week. It took the LSM about another week and a half to pickup on it. Media coverage was pretty well restricted until The Brooklyn Bridge incident and after that it's exploded.

Now, every media station is now firmly paying attention.

THE OFFICIAL STANCE OF THE #OOCUPYEVERYTHING - OCCUPY TOGETHER - #OCCUPYWALLSTREET MOVEMENTS AND ALL ASSOCIATED MARCHES & OCCUPATIONS THROUGHOUT THE PLANET CURRENTLY :

This group wants absolutely nothing to do with the corrupt 2 party oligarchy as both have been bought and paid by the banks, The Federal Reserve and Wall Street and does not need nor require money from 1%'rs and to say anything otherwise is a major dis service to this group and movement as a whole as we see people like Soros as being apart of the problem and does not endorse millionaires or billionaires. No corporate dollars are welcomed and if one were to attempt to finance this movement it would be rejected and returned with a note saying "No sale!"!

To believe anything else means you are being seriously deceived and tricked and said source should not be trusted or taken seriously and if it does not come from the aforementioned it is not to be taken as the official stance. No General Assembly in any group throughout the planet will amend this ever!

All are welcomed from all faiths, ethnic groups, political persuasions, LBGTI, animal and kid friendly as we will not discriminate, we will be friendly to all. Illicit narcotics (marijuana to meth while all scrips prescribed to a fellow protester are obviously allowed) and liquor (all forms) use are banned and will get someone expelled and turned over to law enforcement. Come as you are! Remember, there is no member of the 1% that is on this website which means we are all The 99%!
edit on 15-10-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Sunlionspirit

Wow! That's...just...

Wow!

If trying to make a point that the Tea Party and OWS started out in a similiar manner gets your goat, and that both are being bought off, I'd hate to see when your really mad.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
The Myth:
OWS is not an organized revolt and does not have funding.

The Truth:
Occupy Wall Street IS organized and there IS funding.
occupywallst.org...
"Occupy Wall Street is a horizontally organized resistance movement..."
"We use a tool known as a "people's assembly" to facilitate collective decision making in an open, participatory and non-binding manner. We call ours the NYC General Assembly...."
"Donation Links NYC General Assembly - General Fund"

Occupy Wall Street HAS a fiscal sponsor and a fiscal team. (A nonprofit, tax-exempt organization that acts as a sponsor for a project or group that does not have its own tax-exempt status.)
afgj.org...
"We [The Alliance for Global Justice] also act as fiscal sponsor to over two dozen projects that do not have their own tax-exempt status – our newest being Occupy Wall Street."

occupywallst.org...
"we have today acquired fiscal sponsorship through the Alliance for Global Justice..."

Occupy Wall Street's Fiscal Team Lost $100K And Blamed It On Visa, Only To Find Out It's Their Own Fault
articles.businessinsider.com...

edit on 15-10-2011 by BlueBanshee because: add funds info

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   

ATS - DENY IGNORANCE

A youtube video is not evidence...and the statements on that youtube do not support your claim.

The claims I challeneged you on, you did not respond to and the new claims you are making can only affirmed through a foggy, intellectually dishonest, idealogical drunkeness. Nothing in that video supports the idea that OWS is organized or funded by George Soros.

edit on 15-10-2011 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-10-2011 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlueBanshee
The Myth:
OWS is not an organized revolt and does not have funding.

Moving the goal posts? Straw man? The OP of this thread is George Soros Money behind Occupy Wall Street.

The fact that the Movement is recieving funding or is organizing itself does not somehow disqualify itself as a grassroots movement.

"We [The Alliance for Global Justice] also act as fiscal sponsor to over two dozen projects that do not have their own tax-exempt status – our newest being Occupy Wall Street."

Great...so now how does the Alliance for Global Justice relate to George Soros?

I'll get you started, here is their website along with the dozens of causes they have supported.

afgj.org...

An HONEST debate seems very hard to come by here...anyone have FACTS?...not opinions or made up BS

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
If Soros, is funding this so is Fox news,, That's right... Poor OP if he believes this..

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

You were the first person to reply about the organization and funding (or lack thereof according to you) of OWS, so what does that have to do with George Soros' money? Nothing, it seems at this point. Adbusters, seemingly is only a supporter of OWS, but not fiscally.
On OWS website they say they are organized, although maybe their fiscal team is not well organized, but, it is not too early to connect some dots because the dots are there.

Great...so now how does the Alliance for Global Justice relate to George Soros?

For one, I hope they do not have connections to George Soros, and the dots I connected in my post, from their own website, show that there is not a connection between their fiscal sponsorship and George Soros.

The fact that the Movement is recieving funding or is organizing itself does not somehow disqualify itself as a grassroots movement.

You are correct, it is a fact that OWS is organized and does have funding. That was the point of my post and I am glad that you at least understood that.
But no where did I say that it somehow disqualifies them.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   

so what does that have to do with George Soros' money? Nothing, it seems at this point.

It appears we agree.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join