It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mediterranean region HIGHLY seismically active now! Unusual activity

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I check earthquake monitors daily, i'm fairly familiar with earthquake patterns for different parts of the world.

I just checked the Live Earthquakes Map at Global Incident Map and the Mediteranean region, with Turkey and Greece is highly active at the moment.

I have not seen this region this active before. granted, if this kind of activity is typical on say a 5 year cycle, then i wouldn't know, but i havent seen anything like it for the few years i've been monitoring earthquakes.

Does this indicate a volcano is set to erupt? A large quake is imminent? The earth is venting pressure?

Here is a pic of the activity.
Yellow dots mean older event is older than 24 hours. Oranage dots means event is older than 1 hour.

edit on 12-10-2011 by srsen because: pic add

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
hm does look fairly active compared to other times I have viewed that site
edit on 12-10-2011 by hbarker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
FYI: The largest quake on that pic is the largest dot, measuring 4.5 on the ricter scale.

It could be nothing, but it could be a sign of something brewing?

I often think that when you see a seismic release like this it is circumventing the need for a larger quake - so hopefulyl this is a good site. As oppose to one massive eq to relieve the same amout of pressure...?

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
This may bear some closer scrutiny over the next few days. it is something I check also on a daily basis. Worldwide and in the USA as well. Turkey is a very real seismic area but that does look a bit more than usual.
DH

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Brewing up a big wave for Egypt , and Libya .

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
These are mostly rather small quakes except that recent 5.1 and 4.7.

I do keep an eye on this region quite often due to the historical facts that it is quite active seismically and that large devastating quakes do indeed occur in this region.

Although I must stress we cannot allow this to give us tunnel-vision and lose focus on the greater scheme of things. For example the entire Mediterranean region is highly seismically active compared to many other locations.

I would advise we keep an eye on everything from Turkey all the way to the Canary Islands off the coast of Morocco.

Plus keep in mind that a lot of the architecture throughout this region can tend to be very old and not up to par to withstand significant seismic tremors. Even a 6.0 around these areas can prove quite devastating with a body count. Anything in the 7 to 8 magnitude area would almost certainly become absolutely tragic.

I would hope that anyone in this entire area should have earthquake disaster preparation plans and be ready for it at any time. This should be the mindset of anyone living in a seismically active region.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by srsen
FYI: The largest quake on that pic is the largest dot, measuring 4.5 on the ricter scale.

It could be nothing, but it could be a sign of something brewing?

I often think that when you see a seismic release like this it is circumventing the need for a larger quake - so hopefulyl this is a good site. As oppose to one massive eq to relieve the same amout of pressure...?

Here is a link to the USGS where the recent 5.1 quake is detailed. It happened just the other day on Monday in the southern Greek region.

link to usgs report

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I seem to remember a post about the moon when it's closest and furtherst away from the earth causing some major shake ups.

Here is the ATS thread where I found it first (it's about 2/3'rd the way down...the OP was doing a riddle for the first part of the thread).

www.abovetopsecret.com...

October 12th was one of the days in his link

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
It might not have anything to do with the topic, but the moon is also VERY bright outside, it is shining through my curtains.

Doesn't the moon have correlation to the seismic events on earth?

Taken 10:25PM CMT 10/12/11
edit on 12-10-2011 by LeTan because: resized picture

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by srsen

Keep a close eye on Greece; it is expected a big one there of a 5.0 to 7.0 in the very near future

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
There was a thread started on this in the a.m. As I said in that thread it is awfully strange these are along the 37 paralell!!!! I watch these quake sites daily for over a year and by far this is the largest swarm in that or any other region ive seen on the map for sure.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
5.9 of the coast of Oregon right now.
edit on 12-10-2011 by iunlimited491 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
i believe the quake website has made some upgrades in the recent.

i do not believe they listed the euro quakes before.

the same site doesn't always list Canadian quakes either

ive notice they just added the Source column as well.

CSEM-EMSC Feed

and

USGS Feed

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frank Dinkle
i believe the quake website has made some upgrades in the recent.

i do not believe they listed the euro quakes before.

the same site doesn't always list Canadian quakes either

ive notice they just added the Source column as well.

CSEM-EMSC Feed

and

USGS Feed

Yes!

I was wondering the same thing but wasnt sure if the two different feeds, CSEM-EMSC Feed and USGS Feed, had maybe been therethe whole time and i hadnt noticed.

Ok so maybe this is the reason for the heightened activity???

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
It's HAARP. They are calibrating HAARP to that region.

Why? Who is the "target"? I don't know.

Greece, if it dares to default on its debt and not pay the big banks?

Lybia, If something goes "wrong"?

Egypt, if it becomes a threat to Israel?

Turkey, if it becomes a threat to Israel?

All of the above?

HAARP is being activated to that region. Who knows what the target is...

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
could also be a result of this
Mount etna waking up

new topics

top topics

join