It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran dismisses US murder-plot claim

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Back in the bygone days of the Cold War with the soviets, these types of actions took place with alarming frequency. Not much was ever said openly, and speculation was kept quiet. In this age of Internet 24/7 news, the quiet speculation has been replaced with immediate hyperbole.
I see nothing coming from this event except some saber rattling and chest beating.

That being said, I don't trust Iran. I liken them to the old USSR.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by sir_slide

Hate to say it mate but your logic is completely silly and ridiculous (correct spelling). I appreciate the time you put into your responses, though obviously we cannot see eye to eye here. Thanks anyway

So let me get this straight. Instead of arguing me using facts and logic of your own, you instead simply state "nope you are wrong" and take the time to attack my spelling instead.

I would rather be able to argue my point than spell the word ridiculous correctly.

Thank you for proving that you have absolutely no argument to make.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by GovtFlu

Evidence = found relevant & credible in court.. until then, they're "allegations".

I never said there is no need for a trial. I said that there is no evidence yet that the entire incident is a false flag operation by the United States government in an attempt to go to war with Iran. Any claims that this event is indeed so are completely baseless and have no evidence whatsoever.

Also, if there is going to be a trial, not only does the prosecutor have to be in on the scheme but so does the defense attorney the guy gets. They have already stated that he admitted to the plot. If he did not really admit to it, his defense attorney would be the first person he tells. That defense attorney would then come into open court and scream that none of this ever happened and it is all falsified. How much do you want to bet he will come into court and plead guilty, or claim some sort of technical legal defense.

1930s Germans had more faith in political party leaders current words.. than past govt deeds.

1930s Germans placed their complete faith in Hitler and the ONE political party in charge which was the Nazis. In US politics, there are too many politicians, who subscribe to different parties and political ideals, to be able to pull off such a conspiracy. If ONE person found out about it that it was politically beneficial to, that politician would use the event to further themselves politically. Meaning they would expose the truth to make them more popular.

As much as the Republicans want to topple Obama and the Democrats, do you really think that if Rep. Boehner found out that the administration orchistrated a false flag to go to war they would not immediately expose it to gain political favoritism. Think of how the Judiciary Committee, lead by Republicans, is hanging Eric Holder out to dry over a gun running sting operation that went bad. Surely a false flag operation would be a little more damning than Operation Fast and Furious.

Name ONE govt in the history of govts where trusting politicians worked out for the best?

Where does blind faith end and paranoia begin? Go where the evidence takes you. Dont blindly trust EVERYTHING the government says but dont have paranoid delusions that every single incident that happens in the world is the misdeeds of the government. At this point, there is no evidence supporting that this was a false flag.

Governments are known for spinning reality into war.. dear leaders of the GOP & DNC mafioso sent 70,000+ Americans to their death based on the Gulf of Tonkin lie.. millions suffered.

Again, show me concrete evidence that the Gulf of Tonkin was a lie.

At best this plot is one guy allegedly planning to kill another guy.. with Federal agents guidance.. ooohh soccer moms beware.

This is not a regular case of conspiracy to commit murder. The murder is motivated by a foreign government towards a foreign national to make a political statement or sway political policy. That makes it assassination. And the federal agents did not "guide" the guy. The guy's intent was to complete this act, the federal agents simply allowed him to perpetrate the act to a certain extent, showing his intent, so that evidence and FACTS could be uncovered and so he could be prosecuted.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by areyouserious2010
reply to post by GovtFlu

Again, show me concrete evidence that the Gulf of Tonkin was a lie.

US Vietnam intelligence flawed

Robert Hanyok declares his review of all the intelligence shows beyond doubt that "no attack happened that night"

Its pretty much taken as a given by most that Tonkin was one of the first false flags used to go to war. Do a search for more information on the subject if you require. Theres lots out there.

This is not a regular case of conspiracy to commit murder. The murder is motivated by a foreign government towards a foreign national to make a political statement or sway political policy. That makes it assassination. And the federal agents did not "guide" the guy. The guy's intent was to complete this act, the federal agents simply allowed him to perpetrate the act to a certain extent, showing his intent, so that evidence and FACTS could be uncovered and so he could be prosecuted.

There is no evidence period. Just allegations that are being acted upon. Every second word in the report was alleged. Innocent until proven guilty?

At the end of the day this guy is still born in America and living in America. Anything he is convicted of cant be used to go to war with another country.

Iran simply isnt stupid. Their borders are closed, tensions with the US are high, Why on earth would they hire an American to organize an assassination for them?

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyJethro
I've got to be honest with you guys, but I have serious doubts that this is the level of sophistication a nation of our resources would put out as a plausible lie, evidence or not. I mean, if it's as silly and stupid as you say it is, why bother even putting it together?

You mean $14 trillion in debt?

Maybe the recessions hitting the people responsible for these campaigns and there isnt funding like there used to be to set them up.

Whole thing still reeks of bs for me.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by TheSam

Its pretty much taken as a given by most that Tonkin was one of the first false flags used to go to war. Do a search for more information on the subject if you require. Theres lots out there.

Its pretty much taken as a given? The USS Maddox WAS attacked by North Vietnamese Torpedo Boats on August 2, 1964. There is photographic evidence and a ship full of sailors and officers that could testify to the fact that they were attacked.

The event on August 4th is questionable and shows an obvious "fog of war" surrounding the event. What you cite is one NSA historian's appraisal of the information given to the President. No where does he claim that the incident on August 4th was completely fabricated to precipitate war against North Vietnam. And there is no doubt that the USS Maddox WAS attacked on August 2nd.

What you do not understand is that sometimes, the President and other leaders have to make important decisions based on incomplete intelligence and information they are given at the time.

So we are back to square one. You have absolutely no evidence that the event was a false flag. You have a misinterpretation of an NSA historian's appraisal of the intelligence given to the President.

And let me get this straight, you are using a conspiracy THEORY surrounding another event in US history to prove that this incident with Iran is a false flag? One conspiracy theory does not prove the existence of another.

There is no evidence period. Just allegations that are being acted upon. Every second word in the report was alleged. Innocent until proven guilty?

What are you talking about? All of the facts in the complaint, every allegation is supported by evidence.

Innocent until proven guilty, in a court of law. Meaning the court has to maintain that the man is innocent until the evidence is presented and weighed by a jury.

What court do we take the evidence infront of to prove Iran had a hand in the operation? None. It is the preponderance of the evidence by the President and Congress.

At the end of the day this guy is still born in America and living in America. Anything he is convicted of cant be used to go to war with another country.

Sure it CAN. If it is true then it is an attempt to hinder diplomatic relations between the US and its allies, assassination, and a flagrant act of escalation of tensions. Will it? No.

Iran simply isnt stupid. Their borders are closed, tensions with the US are high, Why on earth would they hire an American to organize an assassination for them?

Iran is simply irrational. Have you been keeping up with current events? Have to heard what the President of Iran has been saying to everyone including infront of the UN? Iran blames us for the recent uprising in their country, saying that the protesters were put up to it by the US. Instead, Iran needs to blame their own government and the many, many human rights violations perpetuated by their regime.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

dont tell me you actually believe the false flag
fasle flags have been used before in the past, and this one is no different, and the way the us state dep spokewomen is keep claiming they had a meeting with iran over the plot if they did have a meeting name the names then its that simple.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join