It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rabbinic Endtime Predictions. Amazing!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   

אמר רבי יצחק:שנה שמלך המשיח נגלה בו, כל מלכי האומות מתגרים זה בזה. מלך פרס מתגרה במלך הערבי, והולך מלך הערבי לאדום ליטול עצה מהם.וחוזר מלך פרס ומחריב את כל העולם .וכל אומות העולם מתרעשים ומתבהלים ונופלים על פניהם. ויאחזו אותם צירים כצירי יולדה
Midrash in Pesikta Rabbati 36

Rabbi Yitzhok said: 'The year that The year Melech HaMoshiach will be revealed, all the nations of the world will be provoking each other. The King of Persia (Iran) will provoke the King of Arabia, and the King of Arabia will go to Edom to take counsel, but the King of Persia will in turn, destroy the entire world. The nations of the world will be outraged and panick. They will fall on their faces, and will experience pains like birth pangs..

So today i go by CNN and on the front page i read "Why would Iran want to target Saudis?"

You can read the article here

This Midrashic prediction has the makings of a probable scenario. Persia/Iran, for whatever reasons, has a problem with Saudi Arabia (Arabia). Arabia also happens to have very close ties with America (Edom, who is Rome, refers to the west, represented mostly by America). Is it not incrdible that a close to 2000 year old Midrash could be so precise in its prediction? It names the 3 players: Iran, Saudi Arabia, and America. Saudi Arabia will go to America, its big brother ally, and "take council", something you would expect if Saudi Arabia were to ever get attacked. Additionally, the king of Persia/Iran is said to have the power to "destroy the world". What power, or weapon, has the ability to "destroy the world"? Is this referring to the commonly held belief that Iran is seeking a nuclear weapon?

On returning to Iran from New York, Mr. Ahmadinejad recalled the effect of his U.N. speech:

one of our group told me that when I started to say "In the name of God the almighty and merciful," he saw a light around me, and I was placed inside this aura. I felt it myself. I felt the atmosphere suddenly change, and for those 27 or 28 minutes, the leaders of the world did not blink. … And they were rapt. It seemed as if a hand was holding them there and had opened their eyes to receive the message from the Islamic republic.

What Mr. Peterson calls the "presidential obsession" with mahdaviat leads Mr. Ahmadinejad to "a certitude that leaves little room for compromise. From redressing the gulf between rich and poor in Iran, to challenging America and Israel and enhancing Iran's power with nuclear programs, every issue is designed to lay the foundation for the Mahdi's return."

"Mahdaviat is a code for [Iran's Islamic] revolution, and is the spirit of the revolution," says the head of an institute dedicated to studying and speeding the Mahdi's appearance. "This kind of mentality makes you very strong," the political editor of Resalat newspaper, Amir Mohebian, observed. "If I think the Mahdi will come in two, three, or four years, why should I be soft? Now is the time to stand strong, to be hard." Some Iranians, reports PBS, "worry that their new president has no fear of international turmoil, may think it's just a sign from God."

Mahdaviat has direct and ominous implications for the U.S.-Iran confrontation, says an Ahmadinejad supporter, Hamidreza Taraghi of Iran's hard-line Islamic Coalition Society. It implies seeing Washington as the rival to Tehran and even as a false Mahdi. For Mr. Ahmadinejad, the top priority is to challenge America, and specifically to create a powerful model state based on "Islamic democracy" by which to oppose it. Mr. Taraghi predicts trouble ahead unless Americans fundamentally change their ways.

I'd reverse that formulation. The most dangerous leaders in modern history are those (such as Hitler) equipped with a totalitarian ideology and a mystical belief in their own mission. Mahmoud Ahmadinejad fulfills both these criteria, as revealed by his U.N. comments. That combined with his expected nuclear arsenal make him an adversary who must be stopped, and urgently.

Link

According to Moojan Momen, among the most commonly reported signs that presage the advent of the Mahdi in Shia Islam are the following:

• Before his coming will come the red death and the white death. The red death is the sword and the white death is plague.
  • The Muslims will throw off the reins of the foreigners and take possession of their land, overthrowing those rulers that are foreign agents.
  • There will be a great conflict in the land of Syria, until it is destroyed
  • Death and fear will afflict the people of Baghdad and Iraq. A fire will appear in the sky and a redness will cover them.

This is quite interesting. Before the imam comes the world essentially will be in a state of chaos. Sword + death.

The Muslims will "throw off the reigns of the foreigners". If this isnt the Arab spring, i dont know what it is.

There will be a great conflict in the land of Syria.??? As for instance, like right now?

And the people of Iraq will be afflicted by fear and death. The Iraq war may be this.

So many things seem to be following predictions. Not merely in Rabbinic writings, but also in the Islamic Hadiths.

"Zohar I, Va'era 32a

In the future the children of Yishmael will stir great wars in the world. And the children of Edom [the West] will gather against them, and make war with them, one on the sea, and one on the land, and one by Jerusalem; and each one will prevail over the other but the Holy Land will not fall to the hands of Edom.

At the same time, a nation from the end of the world will be awakened against wicked Rome. And it will make war against her for three months, and many nations will gather there, and they will fall by her hand, until all the children of Edom will gather against her from all corners of the earth. And then G-d will awaken Himself against them, as it says, a 'a sacrificial slaughter for the Lord in Batzra', and it says, 'to shake the corners of the Land'.

Zohar III Shalach Lecha 166a

The King of Persia will rule and will conquer many kingdoms. He will rule over the Holy Land for twelve months. He will rule and kill many (including Moshiach ben Yosef) and afterwards the King (of Persia) will fall and the high holy ones (Israel) will receive the kingship."

This awaits to be seen.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
very interesting indeed!!! Let's see how the events play out

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Unfortunately, many of the Ahmadinejad supporters on this site don't understand or realize that the man is obsessed with ushering in the 'end times' scenario to facilitate the return of the Mahdi. It is no wonder that the U.S., Saudi Arabia, Israel, and many other nations are vehemently opposed to any sort of nuclear proliferation program in Iran that might lead to the development of WMD.

edit on 12-10-2011 by Humanity4Ever because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
When the President of Iran said he would assist with ushering in the "12th Imam" I believed him.

It is a twisted thinking that I think will prove itself to manifest in some shape or form. I hope and pray things get better all across the board because as it stands now.....it seems to be manifesting in full color!

The thing is....death is not a deterrent and that in and of itself is twisted!!

“There is a radical difference between the Islamic Republic of Iran and other governments with nuclear weapons,” Lewis noted. “This difference is expressed in what can only be described as the apocalyptic worldview of Iran’s present rulers.” In other words, Iran doesn’t fear retaliation if they attack Israel or the United States because a final global struggle against an evil enemy will present them with the privileges of martyrdom as taught in Islam, Lewis wrote. Death is not a deterrent.

www.cbn.com...

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Hasnt it pretty much ALWAYS been like this in the middle east? You could make this correlation from a book that is not even fact. Yes armejinadad wants to usher in the 12th imam? Trust me he will meet his maker soon enough. Question is who do we do first? Iran or Syria?

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Funny none of the countries mentioned in this "bible" are ever countries of POWER ie the us , china, russia, hmmmm. Seems this book was written about the region in the middle east. And that means yes, their worlds probably are coming to an end relatively soon imo.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by AllUrChips

All the countries in the Middle East are the root cultures.

Edom is the root of the west. A distinct culture.

Ishmael, is the root culture of the east, or Islam, who officially acknowledges Ishmael as their forefather.

Persia and Arabia, which in the time when the Midrash was composed (circa 200 CE) had not yet become Islamicized. So for this Midrash to predict that Persia would be on bad terms with Arabia is pretty significant.

In terms of Islam, Persia is Sh'ite while Saudi Arabia is sunni. Beyond the religious aspect, Saudi Arabia is an ally and provider of close to 40% of the western worlds oil. Iran conversely has been nothing but truculent towards the west, America specifically.

The Gamara (composed 300 CE) says:

The Persians built the second Holy Temple (King Darius of Persia, z'l) and the Romans destroyed it. Is it not justice that the Romans fall in the hands of the Persians?

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Good stuff, which is expected of you already

Obama, Saudi King Pledge 'Unified' Response to Iran Bomb Attack Plot