It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NYTimes Sues The Federal Government For Refusing To Reveal Its Secret Interpretation Of The PATRIOT

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   

NYTimes Sues The Federal Government For Refusing To Reveal Its Secret Interpretation Of The PATRIOT Act

newwor ldorderreport.com

from the secret-laws-and-secret-interpretations dept

We've been covering for a while now how Senators Ron Wyden and Mark Udall have been very concerned over the secret interpretation the feds have of one piece of the PATRIOT Act. They've been trying to pressure the government into publicly explaining how they interpret the law, because they believe that it directly contrasts how most of the public (and many elected officials) believe the feds are interpreting the law. While the two Senators continue to put pressure on the feds and to hint at the feds' interpretation, just the fact that t
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.huffingtonpost.com
www.techdirt.com

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
i think this is something to watch closely because we know the owners of ny times are bilderberg(these senators could be too)so why would they question the feds over the use of the patriot act,another thing could be that the elite are trying to speed up the revolution .. ..or the they are attempting to infiltrate the occupy wall street movement,...it is still too early to tell though.

newwor ldorderreport.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 12-10-2011 by SOILDERSUNITEDFORCHRIST because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Ya, isn't this analogous to the Greek Gods fighting amongst themselves instead of fighting the Titans?

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by SOILDERSUNITEDFORCHRIST

... the elite are at war amongst themselves

Ya think?

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Or this could be one of the first moves we see as the Fed begins to crumble now that all the big bailouts have been passed out. Join RATS and type in the search engine Taxi... This is some volatile scary stuff.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by InformationAccount

satan will snatch the new world order(mystery babylon) right from their hands once they achieve it
martial law is coming

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
www.politico.com...
another link

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
I would guess that they interpret it as saying that they can spy on all citizens. They can and are recording all your phone calls, texts, emails, posts on ATS, you name it.

Or is it already known they interpret it that way? Is there an even more sinister secret interpretation?

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   
The supreme court are shills for the govt.
nothing will come of this.
the justice system in the US is a joke.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by SOILDERSUNITEDFORCHRIST

Maybe because the beliefe of a grand conspiracy is based on paranoia and not fact?

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Wait.

So, there is a controversial law that, on its face seems unconstitutional. And, if that is not controversial (or tyrannical) enough, they have a SECRET interpretation?

I mean, did i just wake up in an alternate reality, where common sense and logic are artifacts of our imagination?

The more i find out about this world, the less attached i am becoming to it.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
So there's a secret interpretation for this garbage "act"?

TPTB must have fun hitting the collective beehive of the American people with sticks and rocks.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Its hard for me to understand the game when the CFR owns the NY Times as well as all the top publications and media outlets........

Why sue when its own members are the ones who put in place the patriot act...........

Don't be fooled for what seems to be a "good" deed by the NY Times...........

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
The Patriot Act is a joke.

The very computer you are using, isn't yours.

Everything you do on that computer is watched/seen by your Government/Corporations and they don't even need a warrant.

As operating systems/software grew they have more and more means to see what you are doing. That Samsung commercial where they make a joke about putting Wifi in computer monitors/TV's.....it's not there for you.

Everything on that monitor will allow them even easier access to see what you are seeing with your eyes.

Old computers running Windows 95 will be worth their weight in GOLD soon. Find them, restore them. NOW!

The older, the better. Anything Pre-2003.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cloudsinthesky

Its hard for me to understand the game when the CFR owns the NY Times as well as all the top publications and media outlets........
Why sue when its own members are the ones who put in place the patriot act...........
Don't be fooled for what seems to be a "good" deed by the NY Times...........

I was once taught that the varying needs for secrets are weaknesses. That was incorrect.

With an election cycle poised to begin its full-swing three ring extravaganza (can you hear the circus music yet?) the field of topics needs to be 'cultivated' by the Madison Avenue and Hollywood brain-trust. They must be topics with a 'hook' to guarantee gleeful media feeding frenzies, while not so disruptive as to engender any more civil actions. The best way to 'depressurize' topics is to have a well-orchestrated, well-controlled media performance... and here we are.

I suspect that this, along with 75% of the 'hot button' issues of the season will be political contrivances whose unfolding and outcomes have been either rendered moot behind (or above) the scenes, or are little more than window dressing.

-----

In regards to the apt oxymoron, the "Patriot Act," the contents of this "act" were already being jockeyed into position as far back as the "Iran-Contra" affair; when it's critical components were categorized as the highly secret "Continuity of Governance" deliberations which the political parties had become convinced was necessary.... for reasons that are only now becoming painfully obvious to some.

Their "secret" interpretations are another cosmetic utterance of media misdirection. Anyone's interpretation of "anything" can rationally be deduced by how they act upon it.... what explanation is necessary?

Retroactive immunity for spying telecomms, perpetual emergency state since the fall of 2001, suspension of habeus corpus, suspension of freedom of assembly, secret renditions, lax re-definition of "torture", birth of the bureaucratic megalith the DHS...., exactly what represents the 'secret' aspect about the federal government's "interpretation" of this act?
edit on 12-10-2011 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
What "secret" could possibly be worse than what we already know?
There is a secret "death panel" that can kill any American citizen without due process.
What could be more Unconstitutional or downright evil than that?
If that isn't enough to move the populace to resistance nothing will.
It's as if we all know we're gonna get fleeced and just hoping it's somebody else that gets hit first.
More bread and circuses and the bread is running out.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I hesitate to offer this idea as some misguided folk might try to turn it into something other than the eye-opener I propose.

The idea is a pack of playing cards with the pictures of the 52 worst "constitution killers" on them. These cards could be passed out in the streets to help the public be more aware come election time...and just maybe some of the "52" might rethink their position.

Just a thought.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
i thought that people knew that the military has been listening in on all calls since the 80;s at fort haucchca texas I had a ladyfriend there and she told me all about it it was set up to listen for key phrases and if any were heard they listen more intently and the info was forwarded so this isnt anything new just a continuation of this practice and i wish we could make it stop

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by SOILDERSUNITEDFORCHRIST
reply to post by InformationAccount

satan will snatch the new world order(mystery babylon) right from their hands once they achieve it
martial law is coming

Though your post was a little too biblical for me I starred it because,
In my heart of hearts I really do believe that martial law is on the way followed by the handing over of the reigns of power to whoever or whatever is behind this whole sharade. You call him "Satan" others call it "Lucifer"
still others call them "Aliens", either way, he,it,they have spent hundreds, if not thousands of years masterminding this whole infiltration of the human race and it is all coming to a head right now.
What an exciting time to be alive!
edit on 12-10-2011 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

If you can see that this plan (NWO) has been in effect that long--and obviously you do--I would offer the thought that maybe you should give the Bible another try because it was "called" there first.

I personally think the Book of Enoch--especially the first book--sheds at least a little light on how such a plan could exist for so many generations. It's not considered canon of course, but I basically buy it. It fits like no other hypothesis.

If such a world dominating plan has indeed been in effect that long, it kind of suggests that it's not just man's doings--we can't plan that far ahead and not screw it up--but, as is becoming apparent to MANY: There are cosmic forces at play on the World's stage. Peace.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join