It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sex Really Can Be 'Mind-Blowing'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   

'Mind-Blowing' Sex Can Wipe Memory Clean

Live Science

A 54-year-old woman showed up in the emergency room at Georgetown University Hospital with her husband, unable to remember the past 24 hours. Her newer memories were hazy, too. One thing she did recall: Her amnesia had started right after having sex with her husband just an hour before.

(then)

People with transient global amnesia suffer no side effects, and the memory problems usually reverse themselves in the span of a few hours. It's a rare condition, affecting only about 3 to 5 people per 100,000 each year. But what makes transient global amnesia so eerie is that researchers aren't sure what causes it, or why patients remain otherwise chatty and alert while missing large chunks of their memories.

This is mind blowing to me. I'm thinking of the many 'consensual non-consensual' cases gone before the court. "No your honor we can't tell you if the sexual advances leading to rape were consensual or no. Our client suffered from transient global amnesia'.

Ok, maybe not as it seems this condition clears up rather quickly - but just imagine if it didn't.

Totally weird but cool news about our wonderful bods and what makes us tick.

Reminder of the T&C. Please keep your comments clean and fun. And if any of you out there have experienced this phenomena - do tell!

Thanks in advance - peace

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

So when I say, "Uh, what's your name, again?" I've got a great excuse!

Interesting experience I'm sure. Probably unsettling, though, at least for a few hours or so.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

There's been a few times that i forgot the world for a few hours afterwards, don't think it was this though...... haven't been there for a while sadly.

Oh well, life is just full of surprises isn't it

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Ruphies will do that. The guy was married so he probabaly used this as a last resort

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

oh I'm a known migraine suffer....I'm gonna have fun with this (-:

no but really its interesting I remember the doc. telling headaches after sex, exersise, or that wake you I'm the middle of the night are dangerous...wonder if there's any connection with the brain wiring there...

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by DaughterOfARevolver

Here's another link that goes into more depth: Mind-blowing sex actually can wipe memory clean

The closest thing to an explanation researchers have for this sex-triggered amnesia is that the problem may not begin in the brain, but in the neck. In a January 2010 study published in the journal Stroke, Ameriso and his colleagues conducted sonograms of the necks of 142 patients who'd experienced transient global amnesia within the last week. They found that 80 percent of the patients had what is called insufficiency of the valves in the jugular vein.

A lot more than the above in the article - it's worth the read.

Well bummer. I was in hopes someone here on ATS could give us some first hand info but thank you DaughterOfARevolver for telling us what your doctor said about those headaches that are dangerous.

On another note I'm wondering if there has been a case when this 'sex induced amnesia' has been used in court? Wow, off to research again!

peace

PS: (By the way use fresh bay leaves and steep them like tea (make it as strong as you can stand it) for your migraines. Works great).

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
No wonder I seem to remember everything. It isn't photographic memory afterall...

top topics

join