It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reddit User "BigTayTay" has a message about the state of America.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
This is my opinion on a story that was posted in /r/politics today. Link to the source at the bottom. My opinion is at the end of the external text. Here we go:

Tuesday, Oct. 11

At around 12 am this morning, I heard of the police raids on Boston at the “Occupy Wallstreet” protest. Within three hours of the first raid, over four more demonstrations were raided. People were beaten, their possessions taken and thrown away. The demonstration’s aid, housing and food tents were all also destroyed by local police forces. A brazen demonstration of censorship by our government. Within hours of all this happening, the internet caught fire with the news of these atrocities. Millions of people were outraged, calling for justice over our governments wrong-doings… Including myself.

I, personally am outraged. We as a nation have been sheeped and lied to. We have been brainwashed into thinking that our government is for our people. That they will protect us, and take care of us. People are starting to realize that we have been lied to, for too long. Our government no longer upholds it’s word to protect us. Their brutality towards us is proof enough that we don’t have the rights we once did. We as a body of people are slowly becoming more and more censored. Today has been a great example of censorship. We’ve finally hit a true nerve by protesting against the one entity that rules every aspect of our lives: Wall Street.

What the majority of America doesn’t realize, or refuses to realize, is that people in Wall Street control our media. Our government. Our Jobs and markets. Everything. We are in a depression because of Wall Street’s shady dealings. People in our government are paid by major corporations to promote ideas that benefit said corporations. Not the people.

Personally, I feel like we as a nation can trust no one but ourselves now. Our government has given into the power of the all mighty dollar. I feel as if even my fellow citizens are misguided about what’s going on. News media does not tell the whole truth on what happens in our country and world. We know only what they choose to show us. News casters and reporters for CNN, FOX news and other outlets like them label these protesters as “Anarchist”, “Crazy” and “Clowns”.

Let me ask you this question… what’s crazier? People fighting wall street to reform it’s policies because we as a nation are becoming more crippled economically day by day; or one man having the net worth of over a billion dollars because he manipulated our markets and got away with it?

We as americans, as brothers and sisters of our country, need to open our eyes to the truth. We can only ignore our problems for so long before it comes to a head. The way things are going right now, there will be riots in the streets, and we will see how quickly our government reacts to protect their interests.

Many of you will disagree with me. I’m sure some of you will think of me as being crazy and radical. I expect that.

But can any of you really deny that their is something very wrong going on in our country? Their is a great social unrest in this country, and people are starting to act upon it…

Whether you like it or not.

It’s time for revolution, and where will you stand? With the people who lie to you on a daily basis? Or the voices of reason?

This isn’t a matter of race, sex or political affiliation. It’s a matter of nation stability. A matter of regaining what it means to be America and American.

If you agree with what I say, then join the cause. Make our world a better place. Stand up for what is right. If you don’t agree with me, that’s fine too.

I can promise you that change will come. Whether anyone wants it or not.

All across the world, their are riots, protests, and wars going on under the same premises of our problems. It is more than America. It is the world. Everyone is starting to see how led astray we’ve been for so many years by our governments.

You cannot expect us as a body of people to idly sit by any longer and put up with the mistreatment of our families and communities. There has to come a time where we have to say enough is enough. That time is now.

So I’ll ask you again. Where will you stand when it’s you against our government? Where will your allegiances lie? With your country or your government?

This message is bigger than Wall Street protests. These demonstrations are but a mere catalyst for what’s to come. Now is not the time to be afraid.

EDIT:

Proof of internet censorship bill: [1] www.govtrack.us...

Videos on the bill: [2] www.youtube.com...

Mandelson's Internet Censorship video: [3] www.youtube.com...

Bradley Manning Mistreatment: [4] www.youtube.com...

Discussions of Wall Street undermindings: [5] www.youtube.com...

[6] www.youtube.com...

Federal bailout discussions: [7] www.youtube.com...

More information will be provided later. This is just a bit of the basis of where I'm coming from. We are actively trying to be censored by our government. We deal with shady dealings from wallstreet, even when we bailed these companies out. Bradley Manning's case is another case of censorship.

ALSO! I want this to be a message spread around to anywhere you guys' see fit. I want people to add to this, to make it the voice of the people, not just the voice of a person.

EDIT 2: I just realized that I put Detroit. I fixed it to Boston.

I'm starting to realize that a small chunk of you are not even pointing out anything except my grammatical errors. I used the wrong "There or Their" a few times. If you're soul purpose for being here is to worry about minor grammatical errors, then you're not here for the right reasons.

I do realize that this is very vague, and it needs work.. but its the overall message that should matter.

www.reddit.com...

So BigTayTay pretty much said it all. If I could add anything though it would be that I personally am sick and sad with all the people who are okay with the way things are. Why are so many people just sitting down and taking their licks? I was on CNN today during my free time and read some comments. Now likely most of the people who outraged me were trolls...but I can't prove that and these people were really stupid. Sure it's CNN but CNN represents a lot of our country. I'm sort of rambling here. Just we need to wake up and smell the ashes. It's time.
edit on 10/11/2011 by drew1749 because: (no reason given)

Edit to add: I do not condone violent revolutionary talk. A revolution of ideas maybe but no violence. Just to clear that up because the post in some ways calls for violence. Or maybe I just read it that way. I still agree with it in a lot of ways though.

I agree with BigTayTay on a lot of what he said but I like this post too. Spread the word guys. We can fix our country through Nonviolence! Don't give in to violence.

xamboozi (Tag) 159 points 1 hour ago (192|33)

Revolution, yes. It is inevitable. Violence? Tempting, but non-violence is magnitudes more powerful.

I can take a gun and shoot a police officer that's beating me. In return the news media will tell of an asshole that deserves to be put to death for shooting a police officer. In the following months, the media will dismantle the protest through "Violent protesters kill police" headlines.

-OR-

I can sit non-violently and let the people hear of my courage and faith in my country as I'm beaten by the oppressive police. Word will spread and references will be made to Nazi Germany where the police "were just doing their job". When the police, fire fighters, military etc witness the oppression they will walk away from the leaders that support that oppression. No one will back the 1%. They will be outnumbered. And they will fall.

We are on track and everything is going well. Give it time my friend. Give it time.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Originally posted by drew1749

I personally am sick and sad with all the people who are okay with the way things are. Why are so many people just sitting down and taking their licks?

Just we need to wake up and smell the ashes. It's time.

What have you personally done to show that you are not going to sit down and take your licks?
What are you currently doing to show that you have woken up to smell the ashes?
If you have ideas or if you are currently doing something which will help, maybe we could join you in helping, too.

I think there are many people who are unhappy with how things are playing out. But we don't know what to do about it. The machine is broken and we don't know where to start to fix it.

edit on 11-10-2011 by idunno12 because: stupid misplaced quote codes...

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by idunno12

Protest. Get some legislation passed. Something that I personally feel is that we can fix our government. We have a great concept here...it's just been hijacked. Let's fix the real problem. Which I think is money.

I'm not taking my licks because Im spreading the word to protest and get out and do something about this. I'm still a student so what I can do is rather limited. That doesn't mean I can't help though.

I think there are many people who are unhappy with how things are playing out. But we don't know what to do about it. The machine is broken and we don't know where to start to fix it.

This is true to an extent. Same thing happened during the Vietnam protests. I am not endurcing what other people might want. Anarchy or something like that. These same ideas were around back then. There is a song by the Beatles called "Revolution" . Makes a good point.

I think the true success is making people aware. Then we can pass some legislation or something. Or fire our elected officials.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
How naive are people?

I can promise you that change will come. Whether anyone wants it or not.

That's the only truth to this statement at all, even the characteristic single grammar/spelling error and sloppy construction smell like disinfo.

It's so sad to watch people think they are banding together for global change and still think that governments aren't banding together against them.

You're all going to get change, allright. A dictator for everyone, merry christmas! Out with the old boss, let's praise the new... boss?

Because ruling by decree and repealing all the legal laws (that you don't agree with) doesn't set the precedent for a dictator.
edit on 2011/10/11 by sbctinfantry because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by sbctinfantry

I've always hated this argument. "Let's not do anything about what we see as a problem. It's a trap to install a dictator guize!!!! WAKE UP SHEEPLEELELE!~!!@!!!!"

I'll leave it spelled like that.

Honestly what do you think is going to happen? Nonviolence won't install a dictator. Explain your logic to me.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   

I'm not taking my licks because Im spreading the word to protest and get out and do something about this. I'm still a student so what I can do is rather limited. That doesn't mean I can't help though.

Thank you for sharing the original message.
Your heart is in the right place, and I can see that you are sincere in your desire to see things change for the better.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Thank you for reading it and I hope you at least got something from it. There is a point to be made. Push has to come to shove. Something has to change. Our legislatures keep pushing new insane laws and on top of that not fixing the broken laws.

I'm just glad people are standing up finally.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Almost everyone (99%?) can see there is something wrong with the "system" but most don't have a clue as to how to instigate some kind of change. I"ll freely admit to being one of them. I think the OWS and other protests are just a symptom of the underlying disease. Many people are criticising those protests, as is there prerogative. However it needs to be noted, the protesters are actually TRYING to do something, not sitting around passively, complaining about how much things suck! Also I understand many people would LIKE to join the protests or do SOMEthing to bring about change or just voice their displeasure. Unfortunately it is difficult to be heard, the individual's voice is tiny and drowned out by all the other noise of society. However, if thousands of voices are all saying the same thing, it suddenly gets noticed and even impossible to ignore.

Perhaps if folks flood the phone lines and email of their senators/local politicians all voicing their displeasure, the message will get across. These people still need our votes to keep their jobs. They just need to be reminded a few thousand times a day. I'm sure they're getting skittish. They have good reason to be. And don't just call or email once. If you can, do it once a day, or once a week. Don't stop. Bombard them with your voices! Let them know you're there and you're getting p!ssed off. Remind them where they're pay is coming from!

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   

I've always hated this argument. "Let's not do anything about what we see as a problem. It's a trap to install a dictator guize!!!! WAKE UP SHEEPLEELELE!~!!@!!!!"

I'll leave it spelled like that.

Honestly what do you think is going to happen? Nonviolence won't install a dictator. Explain your logic to me.

You elect criminals and expect freedom? You are responsible, not Wall Street, not the Federal Reserve. I think it should be dissolved too, but not through an act of demands, that's democracy. I believe in rights, and those rights can't be protected under a democracy because the first chance the bankers get, they will vote them out!

If you don't understand that this method is playing the game you are told to, in order to get a result you don't want, that's fine. I'm just engaging in discussion, I don't care what or where you protest, but I have a right to tell you you are dead wrong if you expect the results you dream about.

Real change doesn't come from the outside, every real rebel knows that. Real change comes from infiltrating a broken system and changing it from the inside.

You're not a rebel, or a revolutionary, you're just a useful idiot. Just remember, we all get exactly what we deserve in the end.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   

We elect criminals because we have no choice. Something I read the other day said that we have it all backwards. Being a politician doesn't make you rich. Being rich makes you a politician.

Real change doesn't come from the outside, every real rebel knows that. Real change comes from infiltrating a broken system and changing it from the inside.

Real change comes from the outside. You're the one who just said we elected criminals. We can unelect them just as easily. They're supposed to serve us. Not self interest.

You're not a rebel, or a revolutionary, you're just a useful idiot. Just remember, we all get exactly what we deserve in the end.

Not sure if you're insinuating that that is how they think or that is how you think. Firstly though I make no claim to be a rebel or a revolutionary. I'm an average guy who wants to fix this beautiful country. I am not a useful idiot either.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Send all the emails and phone calls you want. Vote all you want. It makes no difference. They let the sheep bleat all they want as they walk, under their own power, into the slaughterhouse. A few of them will just lay down in the line and not walk into the slaughterhouse, that's the most they can do. The others call them "clowns" or "crazy".

Nothing is going to work except a military coup d'etat with mass executions. With an honest leader who has the people's best interest at heart, and the stones to administer mass hangings to those who deserve them, and the willingness to step down if voted down after the hanging is done. Not a criminal who tricked military brass into fighting for him, but actually is the same as the old boss. One can only hope for such a hero, who would return the US to the Constitution. Without such a leader, even a military coup will just end up with more of the same, only worse. That's the usual story throughout history. Sorry, no happy ending.

top topics

join