It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The curse of the white Deer.. The death of millions and the world we live in today.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Ruthless indeed.
Back in the day, a wealthy or royal hunter would take a whole team of guides, and servants with him,
when they would encounter a herd, they would all fire and slaughter the entire group of animals.
The wealthy hunter of course, claiming all the kills as his own, becomes legendary.
It's easy to see how these numbers become inflated.
Kind of like saying Hitler killed thousands of people.
He's responsible, just didnt actually kill them all by his own hand.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Also dont discount the type of animal killed. There are places in South America where very large flocks of doves destroy the crops of farmers. There are no limits on the numbers that can be killed. These bird fly in very tight clumps and shooting into them with shotguns can produce dozens of dead birds with a single pull of the trigger.
Its not hard to imagine that flocks this large could have been common in the Dukes day and his travels would have put him onto more fruitful sites.
edit on 11-10-2011 by Dragoon01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I seriously thought like maybe a machine gun or some dynamite but haha then I realized it wasnt like 30 years ago it was like 100 years ago lmfao

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mandelbrot2012
I seriously thought like maybe a machine gun or some dynamite but haha then I realized it wasnt like 30 years ago it was like 100 years ago lmfao

they did have machine guns and dynamite during this era..

They also had tanks, airplanes, submarines, warships, grenades...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join