It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The curse of the white Deer.. The death of millions and the world we live in today.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
An ancient curse is said to befall any hunter who kills a white deer: that he or a member of his family shall die within a year.

Local Legend among Austrian huntsman has it that in 1913 a keen Austrian hunter by the name of Franz, a ruthless and indiscriminate hunter who recorded 240,000 animal kills in his lifetime.. Faced such a dilemma.
Having compiled his own game book and claiming a personal record of 2,140 kills in one day, Franz.. fully aware of the curse.. killed the rare animal anyway..

Less than a year later he was murdered.

He was Archduke Franz Ferdinand the heir to the Austro-Hungarian empire.
And on the 28th June 1914 he and his wife Sophia were assassinated during a visit to Sarajevo, the capital of Bosnia. They were traveling in an open top 1911 Gräf & Stift Double Phaeton.. which was painted in bright blood red. To say the vehicle stood out is an understatement.

Seven young men.. part of a group called the black hand who had been trained in bomb throwing and marksmanship were stationed along the route that Franz Ferdinand's car would follow.

The first two terrorists were unable to throw their grenades because the streets were too crowded and the car was travelling to fast. The third terrorist, a young man called Cabrinovic, threw a grenade which was deflected by the Archduke and exploded under the car behind Him. some of his attendants were injured and had to be taken to hospital.

Having escaped the attempt and the Archduke unhharmed, Ferdinand insisted a few hours later on going to the hospital to visit the injured attendants. On the way to the hospital the driver got lost and ended up stopping in the road to turn around.. A young man Gavrilo Princip noticed this bright red car, ran over to, pulled out a pistol and shot the Archduke and his wife.

Gavrilo Princip it turns out by amazing coincidence, was one of the assassins who had escaped after the failed attempt on Ferdinand earlier in the day. (he was later arrested and imprisoned)

Both Ferdinand and his wife died.

This triggered a chain of events that result in The first world war.

Shortly after a Homeless man from Austria crossed the border into Germany..

A few years earlier this young Austrian had left school to peruse his dream of becoming a painter in Vienna, he was rejected by the Vienna school of Arts twice, shattering his dreams. He was struggling to make it as a painter and often painted postcards to survive. He received financial aid from his mother and after her death it effectively cut off his income.
Stricken with grief he was forced to move to the Vienna slums, a poor and dangerous area.. where it is believed he first developed a hatred for Jews. He began to have a warped vision blaming Jewish people for his rejection at the college, the death of his mother and all the problems in the world..

(his 1914 painting “Ruins of a Cloister in Messines.”)

After "5 years of misery" sleeping rough with no food.. and looking for an escape he tried to join the Austrian army in February 1914 but was rejected on medical grounds.. stating he was to weak to carry weapons.

August 1914 just after World War 1 had been declared he crossed the border into Germany and after a brief medical he was deemed fit to join the German Army..

His name was Adolph Hitler.

After the First World War he was awarded a total of 6 medals including the coveted iron cross for his duties as a messenger on the front line.. He entered the world of politics and at a time with most of Europe in disarray and financial ruin he rose to power..

This led World War 2..

then after millions of deaths.. the first and only use of an atomic weapon in warfare happened.

The end of the war in 1945 resulted in the forming of the United Nations, and the formation of the state of Israel.. in 1948 Israel goes to war with the arab league countries in the Arab-Israeli war

the cold war also started as a result of the use of such a powerful weapon.. a political war ensued in which countries developed weapons of mass destruction and the major players in the world built huge arsenals of weapons.. incidents included the cuban missile crisis and the Vietnam war

In competition with the soviets the U.S.A sent humanity into space and put a man on the moon.

During the cold war the U.S assisted in helping Afghan fighters in the 80's fighting against the invading Russians.. They met and trained this man..

After 45 years of political combat, the iron curtain fell and the cold war ended and in 1989, the U.S becomes the world superpower, with the largest and most powerful military on earth.. During this time tensions had been building in the middle east regarding the state of Israel.

After decades of slowly Merging together Europe finally combine and prepare to use a single currency..

An old friend makes an appearance and (allegedly) does this.. a new enemy emerges..

Big brother steps up a gear..

war and invasion of Iraq and Afghanistan ensues, at the time is was suggested Saddam Hussein had one of the weapons the U.S and Russia had been developing and stockpiling during the cold war.

Also linked into this chain of events from the world war was the global recession in 2008..

multinational companies become more powerful than governments..

civil unrest breaks out around the world..

which led to war against this guy..

could it be that Archduke Ferdinand killing a rare white stag and cursing himself really caused this chain of events?

Highly unlikely..

edit on 10/10/11 by Misterlondon because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Interesting thread. I've been to the Archduke's castle in the Czech republic, and wowsers, did that guy ever like his hunting.

There's a corridor that spans the entire length of one of the wings, and it is floor to ceiling full of thousands of mounted heads. All of the former owners were personally dispatched by Franz Ferdinand, who killed several dozen critters on a daily basis.

Between that, and the claustrophobic stairways with the headless bishop statues on every landing, it really doesn't get much creepier. Oh, did I mention the bear pit in the courtyard?

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

I have seen many Albino Deer, mainly Bucks in my day. I would never shoot one despite being a avid hunter. I prefer to just admire them as they are quite beautiful…and rare.

Am I doomed? Or blessed. I consider myself blessed as not many people get to see one as many times as I have.

And what do you have against Boncho?

Ohhhh….Quadaffi! I get it.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Very interesting. My mind is literally blown my friend. Thank you for this provocative thread.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Ive taken a melanistic white tailed buck on request of the Georgia Forrestry Commision.
They took the deer for research, and even offered to pay me for the effort.

No bad luck, sorry.
I also know where one is mounted in a full mount.
I love a good ole' curse.. hehe but taking a melanistic stag doesn't bring death.
They are rare, but not that rare.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
With an average between sixteen and nineteen kills a day, everyday from the age of nine until his death I dont think the archduke was doing to much actual "hunting"

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I don't know about the curse leading to all that you posted, but I do have a story about the curse.

When I was about 16 a group of close friends and I would always go bow hunting after school together. One evening after getting out of our stands, we met at the trucks, and noticed our one buddy hadn't come out of the woods yet. So, figuring he probably shot something we walked to his tree stand. We quickly discovered that he was not there, and found a pile of blood and ruffed up leaves. We all yelled for him and when he didn't answer we started tracking the blood trail. Not even 40 yards over the ridge there was our friend lying on the ground having a siezure and barely breathing laying next to a pile of guts and nothing less than a 8 point albino buck. It was all so sureal that I can't even describe. We all knew about the "curse" and had often talked and all agreed that if we ever came accross one in the woods that we wouldn't shoot it.
To make a long story short he lived and has had strange health problems ever since. To make things even more weird, the guy was in way better physical health than all of us. He never smoked, was on the track team, played basketball. And from that day on he has struggled with phantom pain, severe asthma, and host of other problems.
Ya.......can't say for certain what forces are at work here but there is deffinately something to the curse.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   
The curse of the white deer exists in North America.

I know of several cases personally. One man that I Knew killed a white buck and had bad luck afterwards, including two heart attacks, the second one fatal. It happened while he was hunting deer.

My uncle, though still alive, killed a deer that was partly white. It was pure white through it's hindquarters and mottled with brown up to it's shoulders, all brown forward of that. He has had extremely bad luck since that, including losing his right eye through an accident.

The man that died said that if he had it to do over again, he never would have shot the white deer.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Think .... The infinite monkey theorem. With infinite possibilities chances are that things could have turned out to be much different.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Awesome thread, blew my mind. well researched and made

I knew the death of Franz Ferdinand sparked WW1 but i hadn't realised it led to a chain of events which has moulded the modern world.

Good job connecting the dots..

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   

WWII was virtually inevitable before the arch duke even killed the stag - let alone drove through sarejevo ,

please read the history of the preludes to war source

the whole sorry mess SHOULD have remained a silly fight between austria and serbia , but serbia had an military alliance withy russia - who in turn had alliances with great britain and france , on the otherside austria had an military aliance with germany

once austria and serbia were at war - all the other powers had to declare war or renounce thier treaty obligations

with 5 of the great opwers at war , the rest were sucked in , one by one

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by BadNinja68

Do you know we are talking about an albino deer, right? Not a melanistic deer.

en.wikipedia.org...

Anyhow, first World War was a pretty different animal that WWII and the connection to Franz is lost for the most part other than the carry over nationalism.

Just my opinion.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Having compiled his own game book and claiming a personal record of ,[b]2,140 kills in one day Franz.. fully aware of the curse.. killed the rare animal anyway..

please, even back in 1914, i don't think there was any where you could see over 2100 wild animals. to do that you would need to go to some place like the serengeti in africa.

i know that this is probably just to make the story sound good, but any body who hunts knows that you can see deer all over the place up till one minute before the season starts. but then the deer just seem to know it's time, and disappear. even in the serengeti if you fired a shot, the heard would scatter, or or gather up and run so fast that they are out of rifle range pdq.

i guess he could have been using a 105 and blowing them to bits, that's about the only way i can see him killing that many in one day.

ya know i did just some quick simple math, and seeing that in 1914 it was real hard to see at night. i was real generous and allowed for 12 hours of daylight. that means he would have to kill about 178.3 animals in a hour, or about 2.97 a minute.

edit on 11-10-2011 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape

WWII was virtually inevitable before the arch duke even killed the stag - let alone drove through sarejevo ,

please read the history of the preludes to war source

the whole sorry mess SHOULD have remained a silly fight between austria and serbia , but serbia had an military alliance withy russia - who in turn had alliances with great britain and france , on the otherside austria had an military aliance with germany

once austria and serbia were at war - all the other powers had to declare war or renounce thier treaty obligations

with 5 of the great opwers at war , the rest were sucked in , one by one

Your absolutely correct.. Although it is commonly believed in historic circles that the death of the Archduke was the trigger for war..

It's the same a modern times, we have seething tensions all around the globe but it will always take an event to trigger the war..

For example although a completely different secenario, but an example most can relate to, is the twin towers.
all the conspiracy theories aside, when the planes hit the twin towers, that attack started a chain of events which led to 2 wars.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by hounddoghowlie

Having compiled his own game book and claiming a personal record of ,[b]2,140 kills in one day Franz.. fully aware of the curse.. killed the rare animal anyway..

please, even back in 1914, i don't think there was any where you could see over 2100 wild animals. to do that you would need to go to some place like the serengeti in africa.

i know that this is probably just to make the story sound good, but any body who hunts knows that you can see deer all over the place up till one minute before the season starts. but then the deer just seem to know it's time, and disappear. even in the serengeti if you fired a shot, the heard would scatter, or or gather up and run so fast that they are out of rifle range pdq.

i guess he could have been using a 105 and blowing them to bits, that's about the only way i can see him killing that many in one day.

ya know i did just some quick simple math, and seeing that in 1914 it was real hard to see at night. i was real generous and allowed for 12 hours of daylight. that means he would have to kill about 179 animals in a hour, or about 3 a minute.

I thought myself it seemed liked a optimistic figure and wasn't sure whether to include it.

But what maybe I should have included was the fact that he had a team of beaters which beat the animals toward him. All he did as just fire a gun.. He killed a lot of small game too..
Also during the summer months this region would get around 15 hours of light in the day, and parts of this region of Europe that are very heavily forested which contain alot of animals.

I don't know if it is true, it is his own personal record but looking at the circumstances maybe it is actually possible.. Either way it really has little to do with the core subject of the thread.
There is no doubt he was a keen and ruthless hunter..

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   

This story lost me, at te very beginning...

Local Legend among Austrian huntsman has it that in 1913 a keen Austrian hunter by the name of Franz, a ruthless and indiscriminate hunter who recorded 240,000 animal kills in his lifetime.. Faced such a dilemma.
Having compiled his own game book and claiming a personal record of 2,140 kills in one day, Franz.. fully aware of the curse.. killed the rare animal anyway..

- in one day he averaged 3 kills every 2 minutes, without missing a beat for 24 hours straight!
- and, the lifetime claim, is equally as ridiculous.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   

First off, a star and flag for a most excellent post and research project. Quite a connection, and I can see it, plain as day. I have often wondered on things like this, trigger events, indistinct people rising to power, and I am not sure it is just an animal curse. I think it also have to do with their Stars at the time and place of birth. I know that a person's Stars can be changed, destiny wise, because I myself have done it. I was born into wealth, and in a good place to grow and rise to power. I was stolen away from there, and made to go to a place not of my liking, and a place where I could never get ahead for long, it would always come crashing down, and I would lose everything. This happened to me three times, three times I lost everything, all but the clothes on my back. I picked up my family and moved to a different place, far away from the first place. Things began to change. Now, instead of losing, I was gaining, and in the seven years I have lived here I have gained quite a lot of material goods, and friends better than I have ever had before.

Back on topic, I do believe in destinies, and some are born to rule, no doubt of that. Thanks for posting.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Well, you may have a problem... There are several deer farms breeding...yep...you guessed it...Albino (white) deer here in the U.S. I've personally seen a few in the wild near Indianapolis...

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by SquirrelNutz

This story lost me, at te very beginning...

- in one day he averaged 3 kills every 2 minutes, without missing a beat for 24 hours straight!
- and, the lifetime claim, is equally as ridiculous.

You should read the thread in its entirety, before commenting, you will see his personal claim of how many animals he killed in a day is completely irrelevant to the purpose or course of the thread.. It is only included to help paint a picture of how ruthless a hunter he was..

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Some Native American tribes also believed that killing a white animal was murder, because such an animal symbolizes a Human being. Some tribes also have legends about albino buffalo being the sign of the end of the world. Higher numbers of wild albino animals of all kinds seem to have been born in the last few years, perhaps as a result of something environmental.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join