It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police investigate Death at City Hall Concourse - (OWS)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Police investigate death at City Hall Concourse

www.signonsandiego.com

SAN DIEGO — Police are investigating the death of a man who fell, jumped or was pushed from a parking structure at City Hall Monday afternoon, authorities said.

A witness told police that the man was possibly hanging a sign off the parking structure when he fell several stories and landed in the concourse area near Golden Hall about 3:15 p.m., San Diego police said.

About 200 to 300 protesters with the Occupy San Diego movement are stationed in the plaza nearby.

The area in front of Downtown Johnny Brown’s is cordoned off for the investigation.

The Occupy protesters have already begun to organize a candlelight vigil for the person tonight.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.760kfmb.com
edit on 10-10-2011 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
OWS - Death in San Diego.

Condolences to his family and everyone in San Diego.

Sad day for a protester that lost his life trying to hang a sign in San Diego, CA

I truly hope no one pushed him off like the story has implied.

I am sure we'll here more as time pushes on about this, if anyone finds more details please post them.

Peace,

RT

www.signonsandiego.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

why double post this in Social Issues and Civil Unrest?

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   

The text in the source article was changed - it now opens by saying it was a suicide. And that he was / was not hanging a sign. And that he had fliers.

It all sounds very suspicious to me. Please trying to launch windborne fliers do not commit suicide - they have a purpose.

Good catch. F&

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by scotsdavy1

why double post this in Social Issues and Civil Unrest?

On ATS we are allowed to post once in Breaking news and once the other forums, this would be the only exception to the rule at ATS.

Thanks for asking.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Update Folks.

Apparently it was a suicide.

All those people and no one saw him?

Can someone with knowledge about suicidal people chime in here please.

latimesblogs.latimes.com...

A man who fell to his death from a parking structure next to the San Diego City Hall plaza on Monday afternoon apparently committed suicide, police said.

The 42-year-old man jumped from the fifth or seventh floor of the structure about 3:15 p.m., police said. The body landed in the plaza, where several hundred people from the Occupy San Diego protest have been camped out since the weekend.

The man apparently had political pamphlets in his pockets, suggesting that he was part of the protest, police said. Witnesses say the man was not screaming as he fell to the pavement outside a restaurant that is part of the plaza.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   

no problem, i didnt know that rule....................

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by scotsdavy1

no problem, i didnt know that rule....................

Actually it's my bad, the threads can be posted but by only by separate posters on ATS.

So basically you could have posted the same topic outside Breaking Alternative news.

Anyhow more stories are surfacing about the incident.

www.signonsandiego.com...

The death snapped protesters out of their revelry as many were planning a downtown march to spotlight the plight of America’s poorest “99 percent.”

“It sounded like two cars colliding,” said Susan Smith, 64, of North Park, who turned to see the man falling. “I’ll never forget this sound.”

A witness told police that the man was possibly hanging a sign off the parking structure when he fell several stories and landed in the concourse area near Golden Hall about 3:15 p.m., police said.

Police determined that the man was not hanging signs, although fliers were found near the body that read: “Important message to intelligent earthlings from your creators.”

Police declined to identify the man, saying only he was in his 40s. No suicide note was found.

Also the Police in San Diego sound pretty cool.

Assistant Police Chief Boyd Long said the protest has been peaceful and respectful since its start on Friday, and that while the encampment outside City Hall is illegal, there are no plans to stop it.

“They’re out here exercising their First Amendment freedom of speech, and the police are down here to help them exercise it,” Long said.

At the same time, he said, conversations have started with a few organizers about removing the tents, but he wouldn’t say when that might happen.

“Your guess is as good as mine as to how long they will last down there,” he said.

top topics

join