It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you support prostitution start looking for love instead, its better.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
If you use prostitutes you are missing out on the abundance of the universe.

prostitution is founded on the illusion of lack, "their ain't enough pussy cats to go around and cuddle with" mentality.

But i know that for the message to really sink in to peoples heads that believe in prostitution you
gotta speak their kind of language and have someone tell them they are looking for love in the wrong places,
but someone who shares the same level of intelligence as they do, so they can get the message and wake up.

edit on 10-10-2011 by OccupyPlanet because: spelling

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I believe in personal freedom.

Maybe these guys aren't "looking for love" but rather are looking for a quick romp in the hay?

If someone wants to sell their math skills they are able to do so legally. If someone wants to give fake psychic readings and scam the masses they are legally allowed to do so. Why can someone sell their body to a coal mine or another dangerous industry but we immediately assume those who sell/buy sex are bad people?

I understand the OP's point, but again I am saying not everyone is looking for love. Some people want a no-strings-attached romp. Let em have it.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I agree, prostitution isn't where it's at.

Gimme your free love ladies!

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by OccupyPlanet

I think that prostitution should be legal not because I use prostitutes (I don't) but because there are people that do use them. And there are people that do this for money. There are going to be prostitutes no matter what the law says, so might as well make it legal, and safe. Instead of ladies getting beat by pimps, give them a job that can give them a safe means (condoms) to do it. Legal prostitution = safer prostitution for those that are into that kind of stuff.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
...you can get that without paying for it is what im saying...

i agree with you, but there is a better solution than paying for it.

prostitution is not healthy, these girls get used up quick.

Originally posted by TinkerHaus
I believe in personal freedom.

Maybe these guys aren't "looking for love" but rather are looking for a quick romp in the hay?

If someone wants to sell their math skills they are able to do so legally. If someone wants to give fake psychic readings and scam the masses they are legally allowed to do so. Why can someone sell their body to a coal mine or another dangerous industry but we immediately assume those who sell/buy sex are bad people?

I understand the OP's point, but again I am saying not everyone is looking for love. Some people want a no-strings-attached romp. Let em have it.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
What your failing to realize is that for the most part you aren't paying the prostitute for the sex you are paying the prostitute to leave immediately after the sex and not hang around wanting to cuddle and discuss china patterns for the wedding.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
You don't pay a prostitute for sex.

You pay a prostitute to LEAVE.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   

there are many kinds of relationships (just as there are many kinds of humans) in this world (some involve the exchange of money).
or did you have some idea that there exists only the "one a True love".

have u not caught onto the rainbow thing yet: time to see in color, bro.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   

EVERYTHING is unhealthy when in excess.

as the old alchemists said (and i believe is true) : "The dose makes the poison".

the unhealthy excess of our current culture is rampant and it's ill effects are everywhere.

sick, we are: sick with excess.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
So many "marriages" I see are nothing more than a form of prostitution anyway. A man or woman provides their partner with services in exchange for comfort, security, and material items and even money. Prostitution might be a more honest thing to call it or at the very least be a more realistic description. Plus, different people have different needs at different stages of their lives, or perhaps for their whole lives. And sometimes they just want sex. No strings. No illusions.

While I don't necessarily disagree with the sentiment here, looking for love, the definition of which is a whole other discussion in itself, I do think that in reality a lot of people fool themselves and each other about what their relationship actually is.

edit on 10/10/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by OccupyPlanet
If you use prostitutes you are missing out on the abundance of the universe.

You are equating sex with love. That's your first mistake.
You are also imposing your value system on others. Second mistake.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
You can get Medical care without paying for it.

You can get your car worked on without paying for it.

You can get someone to deliver a package for you without paying for it.

There are lots of "free" versions of services that you can get. But you also get what you pay for.

90% of the time, "free" services cost you in many other ways. You have to buy beer and hang out with your mechanic friend if you want him to work on your car. It's also expected that you pitch in and help.

You can get your old granny to give you the "old country" remedy for whatever you think is making you sick. You just have to hang out with granny, listen to the stories and possibly get poisoned/sicker from taking that home remedy.

Prostitutes who sell sex because they want to, are professional courteous individuals who like what they do and they like to think they are good at.
They have every right to sell their time and service to who ever is willing to pay for it.

If you are discussing prostitutes who are forced into it because of drug debts, or misogynistic sadistic boyfriends/pimps, or criminal organizations who trick young women into coming to the country illegally and then holding them against their will and forcing them into prostitution, then YES, that should all be stopped.

But if a grown woman happens to think that she is good enough in bed, that she should charge people or that experience, I say more power to her. Or Him.

Prostitution should not be illegal. It should be a regulated, taxed, and inspected legitimate business.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
well...if more chicks would put out on the first date...i wouldn't set backpage as my homepage.

i mean...i'd rather pay $300 for an hour of straight lovin...than 2 months, 7 dates and countless retarded text messages for 30 minutes of awkward getting-to-know-each-other sex.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
PROSTITUTION IS AN ILLICIT ACTIVITY! You should be banned for posting about it, and this topic should be removed, as well as the other thread going on right now that this thread is a replica of.

That's what the ATS ToS states anyway.

ETA I guess the sarcasm was missed on this one.

edit on 10-10-2011 by havenvideo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by havenvideo

christian, republican or mother of a stripper?

2nd line...

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Not illegal here. And we're not that uptight about it as the mods / owners are about substances.
Also stars for the guys who made the point about prostitutes are not paid for sex but paid to leave afterwards.

edit on 10/10/2011 by PsykoOps because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/10/2011 by PsykoOps because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Once again, in Europe where it is widely accepted for older Men to have mistresses.

Men and Women age differently. Women cannot reproduce after a certain age and due to the hormonal changes they often lose interest in having sex.

Men remain fertile in their later years and this much to do with why it's widely accepted in Europe for older men to have a Mistress.

It has little to do with Love, they still love their spouse, but the Mistress is simply a business transaction the same as going to see a chiropractor or a masseuse.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by havenvideo
PROSTITUTION IS AN ILLICIT ACTIVITY! You should be banned for posting about it, and this topic should be removed, as well as the other thread going on right now that this thread is a replica of.
That's what the ATS ToS states anyway.

I do believe you are varying degree of wrong on this. It may be illegal where you live...but perfectly alright in other places. Even in the good ol' puritanical US of A, it's legal in Nevada.

link   

Originally posted by ICEKOHLD

christian, republican or mother of a stripper?

2nd line...
Satire sir. Just pointing out how ridiculous one of the ToS rules are.

link   
i concur.

Originally posted by Butterbone
You can get Medical care without paying for it.

You can get your car worked on without paying for it.

You can get someone to deliver a package for you without paying for it.

There are lots of "free" versions of services that you can get. But you also get what you pay for.

90% of the time, "free" services cost you in many other ways. You have to buy beer and hang out with your mechanic friend if you want him to work on your car. It's also expected that you pitch in and help.

You can get your old granny to give you the "old country" remedy for whatever you think is making you sick. You just have to hang out with granny, listen to the stories and possibly get poisoned/sicker from taking that home remedy.

Prostitutes who sell sex because they want to, are professional courteous individuals who like what they do and they like to think they are good at.
They have every right to sell their time and service to who ever is willing to pay for it.

If you are discussing prostitutes who are forced into it because of drug debts, or misogynistic sadistic boyfriends/pimps, or criminal organizations who trick young women into coming to the country illegally and then holding them against their will and forcing them into prostitution, then YES, that should all be stopped.

But if a grown woman happens to think that she is good enough in bed, that she should charge people or that experience, I say more power to her. Or Him.

Prostitution should not be illegal. It should be a regulated, taxed, and inspected legitimate business.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join