It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NYSE-Is it still up?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Today is the day, or at least by last report.....Any word that anything strange has happened or that something was attempted? I'm still trying to wrap my head around what they actually intended to accomplish, and how it could be pulled off. Only way I could see it really happening is if a guy sitting at the proverbial red switch flipped it in house....Then of course, all manners of groups could throw their hands up and jump on that bandwagon, starting with anonymous, "see what we can do"...to the administration saying, 'See, internet terrorism, we have to control...' There are just so many different conspiracy concepts that could be drawn by this. Wondering if it is a viable concern, or just more smoke and mirrors.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by pointr97

I thought it was supposed to be the 15th..

I could be wrong though

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn

I thought it was supposed to be the 15th..

I could be wrong though

Short bit I found on it:

The video message, posted on Monday and embedded in the sidebar, said that:

"On Oct. 10, NYSE shall be erased from the Internet. On Oct. 10, expect a day that will never, ever be forgotten."

The video was posted on TheAnonMessage YouTube channel, one that has been used previously to post several "Occupy Wall Street"-related video message since the protest began.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
EPIC FAIL..........
GAME OVER
PLEASE TRY AGAIN
INSERT 2 COINS

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   

You are correct, here's an ATS related thread on the alleged effort to do the deed....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Mybe they over slept, or partied to hard the night before or maybe they tried and legitimately failed.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
the George Ure website made mention today, urbansurvival.com...

Monday Columbus Day was when 'Anomyous' was going to crash the Stock Market/ NYSE

he is kinda dissing the threat in his report
edit on 10-10-2011 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Here was the threat video.

The threat starts at about 1:40.

Kinda makes me chuckle.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by MissCoyote

I want to agree, it is something that is just too hard to tell....If it was me, I would never attack on the date I say I am going to attack....It is just bad strategy to announce an attack before hand.....Found this article,

NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- Can protesters crash the New York Stock Exchange's website? Anonymous, a collection of online "hactivists," wants to find out: It issued a call this weekend for a coordinated attack on NYSE.com.
The message went out through a video on YouTube calling for a "DDoS attack" attack on the New York Stock Exchange's site at 3:30 p.m. ET on October 10. That's Columbus Day, a holiday for many U.S. workers, but the stock markets will be open for their usual trading house.
The attack Anonymous is trying to organize is a "distributed denial of service" attack, which directs a flood of traffic to a website and temporarily crashes it by overwhelming its servers. It's a favorite tool of Anonymous, which has used the tactic successfully against many sites including MasterCard.com and Visa.com, but it doesn't involve any hacking or security breaches.
A successful DDoS attack might crash the New York Stock Exchange's website, but it wouldn't affect the exchange's far more important stock trading platform.
A representative from the New York Stock Exchange declined to comment.
The YouTube video calling for the Oct. 10 attack cast this protest as an extension of the "Occupy Wall Street" demonstrations that have continued into a third week.
"A new civil rights movement has begun," says the narrator of the YouTube video. "You now have an opportunity to make a difference. Join the protests. Organize your own. Watch online. Be a part of the movement."
Anonymous' attacks haven't always worked: It failed in an attempt to take down Amazon.com, which has extensive safeguards against sudden traffic spikes. The DDoS attacks have also led to the arrests of several participants.
Anonymous is a loosely organized, leaderless collective, and at least a few of its members don't think the NYSE.com attack is a risk worth taking. Another site used to coordinate Anonymous operations, AnonNews.org, posted a statement saying that it is "sincerely worried" about the plan and advises against participating.
"We strongly advise against this action and everything it entails," the statement said. "Many of our brothers and sisters have gone down in the fight for using such tactics, like the wikileaks defendants who took down Visa, Paypal, and Mastercard which led to mass arrests. We do not want history to repeat itself."

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
They are going to look like idiots.

Day isn't over yet though.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Am I right in saying this wasn't actually a threat by Anonymous and just made up by someone.

"Although a YouTube video uploaded on Monday indicates the hacker group Anonymous has vowed to "erase" the New York Stock Exchange from the internet on Oct. 10 to support the Occupy Wall Street movement, the statement has been refuted by other Anonymous outlets that claim the video was a hoax."

Source

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Didn't realize they were just calling for a DDoS....thought it was going to be something more.....well, just something more than a DDoS that can be pulled off by just about any high school kid with enough friends....

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
This is on Annonnews.org....they might be re-thinking this thing....or in fighting.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
when i heard about this i laughed so hard anyways

what annon failed to take into account is the the nyse has back ups that were created from the result of 9-11

nobody can bring down the nyse even if they managed it would amount to a hiccup.
edit on 10-10-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Garbage...those teenagers can't do anything.

There is probably only a few of them left and they are more than likely not gonna do anything anytime soon until the CIA/FBI have everything in place and give them the go ahead.

In my opinion they haven't done anything your average high school student couldn't do..Oh wow they posted a cops info
that is easily obtained by freedom of information if you have the officers badge number which the video showed.
Oh wait they DDoS'd a bunch of sites
thats amazing

Oh I remember now they hacked a unsecured roadside teleprompter
now that's incredible

Or was it the High School Level Email Phishing they were doing to get into Email accounts that was so amazing

Their motto should be we are weeping, They have won!

Not we are legion we are one.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
when i heard about this i laughed so hard anyways

what annon failed to take into account is the the nyse has back ups that were created from the result of 9-11

nobody can bring down the nyse even if they managed it would amount to a hiccup.
edit on 10-10-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

Right, and you obviously didn't actually read my initial post...I'm pretty sure that I said, 'would have to be someone on the inside to execute this plan'.....which could be an annon insider or a gov false flag. Which would give the admin an excuse to put more control over the net. Come on, before you post random hardline negative retorts, try actually reading what the thread is about. Your outright dismissals of everything get old especially when you never provide anything to back it up besides your opinion....Oh wait, right, your opinion is fact, and we should all bow to your knowledge, wisdom, and experience.....what is that by the way, video games, pizza pockets and red bull?

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
What exactly is being occupied by waving a sign around in front of the NYSE? +281 right now, I'm not seeing anything being erased?

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Maybe they just realized the irony in supporting a movement aimed at taking down the very corporations that they support every time they:

Turn on their computers
Buy a Latte
Drink a soda
Drive a car
Wake up in their parents basement
Put on a piece of clothing
Eat food
Brush thier teeth (assuming they do that)
Smoke a cigarette
Download MP3's
Use their cell phones
Watch TV
Listen to the Radio

And the list goes on and on and on and on . . . . . .

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Maybe the 4.6 million JP Morgan "donated" to the NYPD actually was used to strengthen their computer systems against an attack, so now Anon cannot get in and screw things up?

top topics

join