It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Evil of 'Religion'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   
I appeal to everyone

If it were not for so-called religion, we could all get along together - something we have to do in order to try and save the planet and ourselves.

Let's have a look at organized religion:

This is man-made. Show me one place of organized religion that did not abuse people (and children - that is the most shocking thing).

They fight wars, they kill, they are wrecking the planet.

This is our home, why are we letting the warmongers and the stupid 'religions' wreck it?

I had a visit from an angel last night, who told me to say this. His name is Ezekiel.

So, we can either try to get along and avoid the false churches, or we can listen to Ekekiel (whose name I did not know until last night).

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   
I would not go so far as to label religion as 'evil' because people's intention in following a relion is the opposite of evil.
But I do agree with you that it totally blocks everything in man that is good, kind, compassionate, unselfish and at peace. It causes huge discrimination and devision. Religion has become financial institutions of a profiteering nature hiding behind a facade of spirituality. Wars can never be of a pure nature and thus it cannot ever be faught in the name of the Creator. The Graceful Being must be appaled at the way we conduct ourselves 'in His name'. It is an illusion in the mind of people that peace can be reached through violence. It is often a total facade for greed, power, and total ego and selfishness.

Religion, imho, also blocks the soul from realy searching, as through religion people are dictated to, propogised, and free will is hampered. True spiritual growth (which is what life is really about) is not supported through religion as real inner growth can only happen through unselfishness, selflessness, compassion, understanding, acceptance, love and justice.

Hail Ezekial!
Hail every being that is closer to The State of Grace than to the comforably numb state of ingnorance.

edit on 10-10-2011 by UnlimitedSky because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by UnlimitedSky

But I do agree with you that it totally blocks everything in man that is good, kind, compassionate, unselfish and at peace. It causes huge discrimination and devision. Religion has become financial institutions of a profiteering nature hiding behind a facade of spirituality. Wars can never be of a pure nature and thus it cannot ever be faught in the name of the Creator. The Graceful Being must be appaled at the way we conduct ourselves 'in His name'. It is an illusion in the mind of people that peace can be reached through violence. It is often a total facade for greed, power, and total ego and selfishness.

edit on 10-10-2011 by UnlimitedSky because: (no reason given)

But by definition aren't these things evil? That is like saying cigarettes cause cancer, but they aren't bad....... If it totally blocks everything in man that is good kind, compassionate, unselfish, and at peace - then evil is what it truly IS.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by UnlimitedSky

Thanks, UnSky,

I am looking up a bible to see what Ezekial was saying and I have already read some of what he said. He was a prophet, but apparently he is now an angel..

It was bit freaky to meet an angel. But he was just there, a nice person.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by kinnerarity

point taken. But i just can't go so far as to making religion evil. My block. Find it hard to judge things as black or white because of the intention behind it. But ultimately, you are right. It has very negative results on humanity.

Also, I do believe that the world has been blessed by many many living Masters who come to show us the way home. These beings are so great that the impression they leave behind when they depart is so immense that man then creates religion around their teacings. The religions are so old that the truth gets lost and distorted. So, because these Masters are so pure, and religions are based on them, I cannot get myself to actually call religion evil, even though i feel very strongly that it may be so. Ok, ok, i now kinda saidit!

Just a little block in my mind.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Um...maybe I'm stepping into territory I should avoid, but, doesn't the "visit from the Angel" kinda kill your whole post?

I mean, this is the kind of thing that religions stem from. Supposed visions, prophecies,epiphanies and enlightenments. How can you state there are "false" religions when you have just claimed that religions are evil in general?

Aside from that - yup - one of the worst things humanity has going for it. Religion is designed to keep people from killing those in power. And to allow those in power to kill the people against said religion.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   
While I say he was a person, I mean he was still an angel.

He did not want to present himself in a way that would frighten me.

But it was Ezekiel.

Otherwise, how would I have known?

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by gottaknow

Hi gotta,

I am just sending his message.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by gottaknow

We have placed the angels under religion. They have not done this. So, think outside the box a bit, and allow yourself to see that andels are spiritual beings, not religious beings.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknowsplusone

Count this as a great blessing that happened to you. Treasure it, and use it to guid you in your life. Stay sweet!
x

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   

YES!

Exactly my point.

Angels are against the world religions which are killing this planet.

And to people who do not believe in anything - at least see that 'religions' are wrecking this planet.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Unfortunately, I truly believe that human beings are the corruption in organized religion - not the message or the messengers. Man simply twists and manipulates it to his own gain.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Hi Sky,

Yes, I am feeling totally blessed - why me?

At the time I just took it in, but now I am blown away by it.

But he wanted me to say what I have said.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknowsplusone

I have often said as much and have witnessed it first-hand. Organized religion is dangerous when they feel they are right and everyone else is wrong. There is no room for that in America. One religion should not rule.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by onecraftydude

But how do you feel about me seeing an angel - a messenger who asked me to send this message?

I am reeling from it now - it took me a day to actually process that fact.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Wow, Ezekiel is the prophet who described the Chariot of God that Zecharia Sitchun thought might have been a description of an alien ship.

Here is the famous description of the Lion, the Calf, The Man, and the Eagle

As I looked, behold, i a stormy wind came j out of the north, and a great cloud, with k brightness around it, and fire flashing forth continually, and in the midst of the fire, l as it were gleaming metal.2 5 And from the midst of it came the likeness of m four living creatures. nAnd this was their appearance: they had a human likeness, 6 o but each had four faces, and each of them had four wings. 7 Their legs were straight, and the soles of their feet were like the sole of a calf’s foot. And they sparkled p like burnished bronze. 8 Under their wings q on their four sides r they had human hands. And the four had their faces and their wings thus: 9 their wings touched one another. s Each one of them went straight forward, q without turning as they went. 10 As for the likeness of their faces, t each had a human
face. The four had the face of a lion on the right side, the four had the face of an ox on the left side, and the four had the face of an eagle. 11 Such were their faces. And their wings were spread out above. Each creature had two wings, each of which touched the wing of another, while u two covered their bodies. 12 sAnd each went straight forward. v Wherever the spirit would go, they went, without turning as they went. 13 As for the likeness of the living creatures, their appearance was w like burning coals of fire, w like the appearance of torches moving to and fro among the living creatures. xAnd the fire was bright, and out of the fire went forth lightning. 14 And the living creatures y darted to and fro, z like the appearance of a flash of lightning.
15 a Now as I looked at the living creatures, I saw a wheel on the earth beside the living creatures, one for each of the four of them.1 16 aAs for the appearance of the wheels and their construction: their appearance was like b the gleaming of beryl. cAnd the four had the same likeness, their appearance and construction being as it were a wheel within a wheel. 17 d When they went, they went e in any of their four directions2 f without turning as they went. 18 And their rims were tall and awesome, g and the rims of all four were full of eyes all around. 19 hAnd when the living creatures went, the wheels went beside them; i and when the living creatures rose from the earth, the wheels rose. 20 j Wherever the spirit wanted to go, they went, and the wheels rose along with them, j for the spirit of the living creatures3 was in the wheels. 21 h When those went, these went; and when those stood, these stood; i and when those rose from the earth, the wheels rose along with them, j for the spirit of the living creatures was in the wheels.

www.esvstudybible.org...

edit on 10-10-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Also this has to do with the Judgement and Babylon. Interesting visitation.

This is also a famous passage

8 “But you, son of man, hear what I say to you. o Be not rebellious like that rebellious house; open your mouth and p eat what I give you.” 9 And when I looked, behold, q a hand was stretched out to me, and behold, r a scroll of a book was in it. 10 And he spread it before me. And it had writing s on the front and on the back, and there were written on it words of lamentation and mourning and woe.
And he said to me, c “Son of man, eat whatever you find here. t Eat this scroll, and go, speak to the house of Israel.” 2 So I opened my mouth, and he gave me this scroll to eat. 3 And he said to me, “Son of man, feed your belly with this scroll that I give you and fill your stomach with it.” u Then I ate it, and it was in my mouth v as sweet as honey.

www.esvstudybible.org...

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

Thank you for that,

I am feeling totally gobsmacked!

So, what do we make of this?

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknowsplusone
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

Thank you for that,

I am feeling totally gobsmacked!

So, what do we make of this?

If it truly was a visitation from Ezekiel as an Ascended Master, you are truly blessed. It seems to have to do with translating messages to a people who are gone out of the way. The message to you seems to relate to how the truth of God is watered down in organized religion, and that would include corruption in the Vatican and I think possibly even the corruption of the Holy Church by such anti-Christ doctrines as Marxism and the false teachings of the Jesuits.
That's what I'm getting from it.
Origen was anathematized for his teaching of reincarnation. To this day, the Church does not teach reincarnation as part of the true understanding.

This doesn't mean there is no truth in the churches, it just means that certain corruptions have taken place. There is also an issue I think of certain social issues the Church originally stood up against, and now it has not, due to political correctness.
A friend of mine was discussing with me the fact that churches have tax exempt status, and therefore the State has been able to shut up the Church on certain key issues in order to maintain their tax exempt status. Just a thought.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   
And after re reading your OP, another thought came to me, and that is the pitting of religions against each other, creating a set up of war.

It could be the set up of the warring of Christianity, Judaism, and Islam, all three connected through Abraham. The NWO creates wars through "managed conflict".

and here is something else related to understanding the truth

•In the third group (xii-xix) many different prophecies are brought together, whose sole connection is the relation they bear to the guilt and punishment of Jerusalem and Juda. Ezekiel prophesies by symbolic actions the exile of the people, the flight of Sedecias, and the devastation of the land (xii, 1-20). Then follow Divine revelations regarding belief in false prophecies, and disbelief in the very presence of true prophecy. This was one of the causes of the horrors (xiii, 21-xiv, 11), to be visited upon the remnant of the inhabitants of Jerusalem (xiv, 12-23). The prophet likens Jerusalem to the dead wood of the vine, which is destined for the fire (xv); in an elaborate denunciation he represents Juda as a shameless harlot, who surpasses Samaria and Sodom in malice (xvi), and in a new simile, he condemns King Sedecias (xvii). After a discourse on the justice of God (xviii), there follows a further lamentation over the princes and the people of Juda (xix).

www.newadvent.org...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join