It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jews against homosexuality J.O.N.A.H. Institution

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I'm not sure if this is in the right forum section, if not Mod's feel free to move it wherever. I filed it under middle east because this is an Israeli undertaking.

Apparently the jews have found what "appears" to be a good method for re-intergrating homosexuals back into the natural order of hetero-sexuality, by applying spiritual healing techniques to combat homosexual tendencies and urges.

jonahweb.org...

I was actually messing around on a haaretz web-site when i stumbled on to this. Might be interesting if it actually works and i am not sure if this is just propaganda or not but it seemed interesting insofar as actually addressing homosexuality.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Its not like religious people would ever lie to promote their personal beliefs.....

So obviously they must have cured homosexuality by mumbling at a wall and stuffing paper in its cracks. Im all for anything that keeps them from murdering people under the guise of being "the chosen ones".

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Apparently the jewsother have found what "appears" to be a good method for re-intergrating homosexuals back into the natural order of hetero-sexuality

OK, I realize this is probably a losing argument right from the start -- but what exactly are you basing your "natural order of hetero-sexuality on?"

Do you really think people CHOOSE to be gay - and purposely subject themselves to ostracism and ridicule. Do you know how many commit suicide because of this? Because of their "choice"?

If I said people from Arkansas are inbred - you'd call me uneducated and advancing a stereotype - no? How is this different?

No offense to other Arkansans - just making a point about misdirected (a nice word) stereotypical beliefs.

edit on 10-10-2011 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Oh no....

I didn't even read this thread, only the title...

Why?

Because my name is Jonah.

Weird.

Edit after reading thread --- This is screwed up. I'm pissed now. Stupid people using my named name for their ignorant agendas.
edit on 10-10-2011 by ThinkingCap because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   

This is nothing new...Christians have been "curing" homosexuals for years now....which basically just means making them feel so ashamed of their own sexual feelings that they supress their own sexual desire and pretend to like sex with people they have no natural attraction to. To me...such a thing is the height of sexual perversion...

You can't make a truly gay person straight anymore than you can a straight person gay. I'm straight myself and couldn't even fathom having sex with another man....they simply do nothing for me. I had a buddy, who was also straight, but only dated women that were 300 pounds or more. He'd even go to 'big women lover' conventions every year...there was nothing wrong with him. He was a good looking, smart guy. The Idea of having sex with a skinny woman simply disgusted him (I'd seen him turn down some hotties in my day...simply because they weren't big enough for him....He would turn to me in disgust and say "I wish she'd leave me alone...her legs don't even rub together when she walks!
)

I had assumed something had happened to him to make him this way...but no. Everyone in his family was thin...and he was ostracised by many of his family members for his 'unhealthy' obsession. I asked him if there was some event that caused him to be attracted to big women...he replied that no....he had come out of the womb liking them!

My point being...we like what we like. We're all born with certain sexual desires that come to fruition at puberty...trying to change them is counter productive and simply wrong.

PS...my buddy was the best wingman ever! We never had to fight over who got the hottie and who got her fat friend!

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
I would like to ask why homosexuality exists if it is not in the natural order of things.

The answer is this:

Nothing exists if it is not in the natural order - therefore homosexuality is in the natural order. It is known amongst animals as well, and they only obey the natural order. There are no 'perverted' animals.

So to all people trying to 'cure' homosexuals, I would say live your life and let them live theirs. The world is difficult enough without trying to change other people.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Man, i just thought the website was interesting, i wasn't advocating that it actually works, it was just something i stumbled onto when i was screwing around on haaretz.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknowsplusone
It is known amongst animals as well, and they only obey the natural order. There are no 'perverted' animals.

So, you're basically saying that since animals do it, then necrophilia, eating ones own young and mating with siblings is also not "perverted" and should then be practiced among humans seeing it's "part of nature"?

Good to know, thank you for clearing that up for me.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Aye.... This is not an Israeli undertaking...This is an ORTHODOX/Conservative organization dedicated to reforming homosexuals. It has absolutely nothing to do with Israel. If you actually understood Israeli academic thinking, you would understand that JONAH is regarded as offensive by most liberal/atheist israelis.

I was actually messing around on a haaretz web-site when i stumbled on to this. Might be interesting if it actually works and i am not sure if this is just propaganda or not but it seemed interesting insofar as actually addressing homosexuality.

There is absolutely nothing unique about the approach of JONAH towards homosexuality.

Why are some people born homosexual? Because deep within their unconscious psyche, there is an overdeveloped desire for the same sex. Perhaps in a previous life they inculcated this trait? Or perhaps its a supressed aspect within the father that found expression through the child? Whichever the case, homosexuality is just a deeply unconscious inclination. Like all natural born traits, homosexuality can be overcome through regimented thinking. Of course, not everyone is along the same point of the spectrum. Some homosexuals are very deeply homosexual and for them it would require great conviction and diligence to succeed in changing their feelings.

Another subtle aspect to treatment is how one relates to his homosexual feelings. If someone is emotionally adverse to them, he in fact attracts the feelings. For instance, if someone with a social phobia goes into a situation with a fear, apprehension and worry that he wont perform well, he wont. He'll attract to himself the very feelings he seeks to push away. Similarily, a homosexual who has deeply adverse feelings to his homosexuality will be entrapped and snared by his complex towards it. Paradoxically, the more he desires to overcome his homosexuality, the more it sticks to him.

This is the same with all emotional disorders, and as we know, this can be overcome through disciplined thinking.

Sexuality is the most deeply rooted emotional energy man has. It is also the most energetic, and regarded as the source energy of consciousness. Thus, to overcome ones sexual inclination requires complete mastery over the self/ego. One has to understand the dynamics of his consciousness and unconscious, and he cant allow feelings of doubt to creep in and prevent his self transformation.

Eventually, active imagination (cultivating a desire for the sex opposite to your desire) will elicit initial feelings. The more one sticks to this line of thinking, the more derooted and depersonalied his earlier feelings become.

The idea that homosexuality is 'permanent' or an iireversible condition of the brain, is one of the most deceptive pseudo-scienctific beliefs out there today. Consciousness precedes physical matter. Thinking can change the brain, and so the way one feels. If chemicals change physical anatomy, and neurons elicit chemicals, and thoughts trigger neurons....then......its obvious. Thought controls how we feel.

top topics

join