It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Will Our Future Technology Be Like 100 Years From Now?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I don't believe we have a future with technology.

A huge solar storm is going to wipe advancing technology off the face of this Earth.

It's going to be exciting.

Personally, I'm kind of looking forward to it.

Maybe then, people will actually talk to each other, instead of sitting two feet away from one another, completely consumed by their phones.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
the original star trek series of the 1960's,which i still like a lot. took place in the 23rd century and portrayed the characters using communication devices that flipped up a lot like our cell phones...

but our real technology flip up cell phones,equalled and surpassed star treks communication devices... in ony 30 or 40 years!

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by MinMin

That sounds nice. I feel people will understand how their emotions affects others and vice versa. People will be guided by events such as linking so called coincidences together. I think people will use their own personal Chi to keep healthy also. Telepathy, intuition, etc will be much of our lives.

Peace to you.

I like your visions.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Visual dream recorders.

tech will allow perfect genes, ereybody will be relatively sexy.

Orgasmic food.

magnetic Jello hybrid orbs for space travel.

Full blown "Psychic" communicationwith animals

pokemon looking stuff

Unlikely

With the right participation.....

edit on 10-10-2011 by WaffleBear because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Quyll

Yes imagine the Music and Art, Singing, maybe choirs of thousands, Pure expression every were.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Buford2

You got it

And im sure with all my being WE will all get it.

I would love to be here for this type of change but doubt it ,,,,,,maybe i will who knows hey!

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
According to prophecy, the future is going to be void of technology. Those who
make it through Tribulation and the Chastisement and enter God's new time, the Era
of Peace. This period of time, it maybe literally a millennium, God is going to renew
the entire earth. I shared this quote on another thread, given to a Latin American seer.

September 18, 2011

...Beloved, the sun hides, in its place its heat draws nearer to man, it will damage not only advancements that man has accomplished, but will remind him of his ancient customs to which he will return....

www.revelacionesmarianas.com...

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   
sometimes I think people of this generation have a good shot at living 1000's of years. We may already have technologies hidden in darkened rooms that will extend your life many hundreds of years. You must consider the rate of technological advance. I think it is governed by the elite, so if they ever decide to flip the switch and super accelerate our rate of technological exploration and advancement then who knows what is possible, just 50 years from now.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by MinMin

Exactly why I can't wait till it happens. People will express themselves by word of mouth, instead of digitized words. Actual communication...

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quyll
reply to post by MinMin

Exactly why I can't wait till it happens. People will express themselves by word of mouth, instead of digitized words. Actual communication...

it will take a direct hit from a gamma ray burst or a full blown assault from multiple, prolonged, massive solar flares before that happens. people like living inside their own little boxed in worlds.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
possibly have a suit like Iron Man! rather than using cars. Who knows

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I took you up on your offer and went 100 years ahead to see what it was like. Imagine 1980's Russia. Everything was deteriorating and shoddily built. I asked around and learned that after the economic collapse a lot of important factories closed. Technology was lost, but not completely. Everything sort of fell apart and those who made the system work went on to other things like farming. No one knows how to do what we do now. They call it the golden age. You've seen old cars turned into donkey carts? Well there is a lot of that in the future. There are some places where certain things are kept alive, but it quit advancing about 15 years from now.

Oh, and I checked, aliens never invaded, no plagues came, and the ice caps did not melt. They regrew and now summer lasts 3 months. Spring and fall kinda don't exist. The leaves freeze and fall off before they can change color. The Spring leaves die off from late frosts and crops barely grow. Food is scarce. Europe is forgotten, no one cares, and even if they did there is no way to find out.

I hated it, and won't go back.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quyll
reply to post by MinMin

It will happen, in the new time, the Millennium, it's going to be marvelous. If we can make it through Tribulation and the Chastisement. With true contrition, confess your mortal sins to God and pray every day. Two things we can do while most of the world rejects
Heaven's advise.

Notice, two prophets hearing the same thing, IMO, one I shared in another thread.

9/27/11
11:05 PM

message to Jennifer

...The collapse of your communications will happen and it will be ignited outside of the earth’s atmosphere...

http:/www.wordsfromjesus.com/

AND...to a Latin American seer:

September 18, 2011

...Beloved, the sun hides, in its place its heat draws nearer to man, it will damage not only advancements that man has accomplished, but will remind him of his ancient customs to which he will return....

www.revelacionesmarianas.com...

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I'll post the correct link, I left out a dash. For the messages to Jennifer ~

www.wordsfromjesus.com...

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Technology will advance to the point of Artificial Intelligence. Today it takes knowing how programs work and technology works in order to use it correctly. Tomorrows technology will be intuitive, seamless, and will function to anticipate our needs. Technology will be able to identify what we are trying to do without having to push a button for that option. All things in society will become more automated.

When you go out to eat a screen with a menu will be at your table to order in which to select your food.

Cars will drive themselves using an advance form of fly-by-wire technology integrated within the roadways and coordinated within each vehicle by GPS.

In vehicles, you will be able to instantly communicate with other vehicles on the roadway, if you so desire. By approving other vehicles through an interface, vehicles will allow open voice communications in the vehicle cab with other approved vehicles. Road trips with more then one vehicle will be more exciting. Vehicles will also keep a tally of other vehicles nearby, in case of an accident or other crime to allow police investigation.

Instead of using braking technology to recharge hybrid vehicles, vehicles will begin installing many mini generators attached to the spinning axles of the vehicle. Thereby, generating energy from every moving part of the vehicle. No gas will be needed.

Shipping packages will be done through a worldwide tube system, using magnetic propelled storage containers. Mail and packages will be shipped overnight across the globe. This will eventually lead to a magnetically propelled transportation system for people.

There will be no need for water treatment plants and municipal water supplies. Each home will have a reverse humidifier machine that pulls water from the humidity in the air.

That's all I can think of right now...

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Something like this.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Michio Kaku wrote a fabulous book on the subject. Being a physicist and having the opportunity to interview our leading scientists gives me great reason to believe what he says. Seems plausible. Now lets just hope that we can make it to a Type 1 civilization without destroying ourselves.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Unless there are dramatic changes, 100 years from now, what is left of the human race will be struggling to survive.

Technology will be irrelevant.

IMO.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Barring some kind of zombie apocalypse, asteroid strike, or the discovery of some new kind of cheap energy, I imagine that the technology of tomorrow will be pretty similar to the technology of today. Human needs aren't going to change much. We want to talk with each other. We want to move things around. We want to be entertained. We want to eat nutritious food that doesn't cost a fortune. We want to boost our self-esteem.

I suppose the biggest difference will be that it will be harder to tell whether or not you're communicating with a human being rather than a machine. But then humans have always tended to anthropomorphize things, talk to their boats and cars like they were people, etc. So it might not be that striking a transition.

Other than that, it will become more and more obvious that there are too many people on the planet, and our technology will adapt to help us deal with that, either by helping to isolate us, or connect us in a more functional way with more people.

Flying cars? Only if they can figure out a way to make them nice and quiet. GPS will do the navigating, just like it will with the cars still on the ground.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ExPostFacto
Instead of using braking technology to recharge hybrid vehicles, vehicles will begin installing many mini generators attached to the spinning axles of the vehicle. Thereby, generating energy from every moving part of the vehicle. No gas will be needed.

I believe this is already under patent by the government

Or my buddy lied to me

Originally posted by Blue Shift
I suppose the biggest difference will be that it will be harder to tell whether or not you're communicating with a human being rather than a machine.
. If our minds could be mapped, modified and rooted into the perfect robotic companion.....
I'd date a robot so hard

edit on 10-10-2011 by WaffleBear because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join