It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Imagine the Wars are over...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
The troops come home. Families rejoice. People of the United States rejoice.
Life is good. Till the announcement that they will be getting rid of 350,000 plus active duty military members. Then another 350,000 from the reverse and guard. The civilian companies that work with the military, have to fire 70% of their employees.
All released into country where the graphed unemployment is at 9%...when it is really higher than that. The people that were complaining about the wars are now complaining about no jobs. Riots, mass suicides...........people living on the street begging the government to bring back the government jobs.

Imagine that world. A world where economic collapse is a given. A world where the fallout game becomes real.....

I urge people to think outside the box that you live in and see that we cannot just simply end the wars to fix our problems. We the people have to fix our problems, ourselves. Either we learn how to spend our money or we figure out how we can start over. Reboot the government.

End of story...stopping the wars will not fix anything and we shouldn't be voting on any presidential runner that promises that. Making the decision for yourselves this time around. Don't just vote because you were raised in a democrat family or a republican family. Vote for the person that isn't saying the most lies...

"in response of the armed Chinese soldiers in Texas"

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
That is quite the ignorant statement to make, because with the path we're currently on, all the things you have stated are bound to happen regardless, and happen soon.

If we STOP the wars, that ends the HUNDREDS of BILLIONS of dollars we're spending over there, are you saying that money can't be invested into new businesses? Funds for the unemployed vets? Not that it would, but you have to look that if we end the wars, we free up A LOT of money that is being spent uselessly right now. I lost faith in our government a long time ago to ever do the right thing, so I'm sure if we freed up that money, they would have somewhere else to send it, that doesn't benefit the majority of people.

I think you might have forgotten how much money we are spending just to be over in those wars right now.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Never mind.

didn't really read your thread.
edit on 9-10-2011 by Rockdisjoint because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
hardly the op is right and glad someone else has thought of the ramifications of that action

the simple fact is that money would still be spent on entitlements still propping people who dont need to be

some do but out of a country of 310 million 50 million on welfare and over 25 million combination of over and under employed wait for it all that tax dollars being spent is self sustaining unlike the entitlement spending.

actions consequences and the action of cutting defense puts people out of work and reduces tax revenue

put them on the southern border that right there would save billions from law enforcement entitlements and create job openings for legal americans.

people need to stop being so myopic think! it aint hard.
edit on 9-10-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Imagine a world where those laid off soldiers can start up a business in their home town without having to worry about if it is legal, having to pay excessive fines and permits, worrying about how they will be able to afford healthcare for all their employees which is required by law, and just do what they are good at, and get paid in money that does not depreciate in value. Imagine that world and you have a solution for your world.

p.s. why would you want to intentionally imagine a nightmare scenario?

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
how many troops are deployed between Afghanistan and iraq? I doubt it would be enough to fill my city. The army is just going to recruit less, the private sector will miraculously hire more and more people will be absorbed in the workforce rather than the military.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Is the OP actually trying to say that we need to maintain the military industrial complex to save our economy?

I'm sorry, that is absolutely ridiculous.

top topics

join