It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'No papers, no water’: The sign denying basic services to Alabama’s illegal residents.

page: 20
<< 17  18  19   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by DRAZIW

I can't, in all honesty, see you really believing all the crap you post. You just like to stir the pot. You get a thrill out of coming up with the most inane BS you can, just to do it. No realistic reasons to bolster your side of the debate.

Fluff...mindless fluff. That seems to be all you can bring to the table. JMOHO.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

But, what do you bring to the table?

You want to create jobs by writing laws, but jobs are created by introducing more hungry people who are willing to work.

Since you can't find Americans who are hungry enough or willing enough to work the jobs on offer, you're trying to raise the price paid for that job to "entice" the citizens to get off their butt.

You're trying to starve some of the people who are working for you already, deny them food and water, to force them to go elsewhere, to leave a vacuum back in your neighborhood so that you can charge more for your work.

That's your plan.

It will seem to work at first, since the crops have been planted already and still have to be picked. But, the next crop, it's the next planting season, the next cycle of economic activity that you'll really see the long term effects. Those farms are going to Mexico too. They are going to plant the next crop in Mexico, and pick the harvest with those same workers who move back, and then they will hire Mexican truck drivers to truck that crop back over the border, under NAFTA, to sell you back the same goods, with the same workers working the fields.

All that will happen by that law, is that the businesses will move out of Alabama. And Alabama will become a poor state, deserted like a ghost town in the mid-west.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by DRAZIW

Originally posted by Destinyone

But, what do you bring to the table?

You want to create jobs by writing laws, but jobs are created by introducing more hungry people who are willing to work.

Since you can't find Americans who are hungry enough or willing enough to work the jobs on offer, you're trying to raise the price paid for that job to "entice" the citizens to get off their butt.

You're trying to starve some of the people who are working for you already, deny them food and water, to force them to go elsewhere, to leave a vacuum back in your neighborhood so that you can charge more for your work.

That's your plan.

It will seem to work at first, since the crops have been planted already and still have to be picked. But, the next crop, it's the next planting season, the next cycle of economic activity that you'll really see the long term effects. Those farms are going to Mexico too. They are going to plant the next crop in Mexico, and pick the harvest with those same workers who move back, and then they will hire Mexican truck drivers to truck that crop back over the border, under NAFTA, to sell you back the same goods, with the same workers working the fields.

All that will happen by that law, is that the businesses will move out of Alabama. And Alabama will become a poor state, deserted like a ghost town in the mid-west.

Oh good hell all ready.

More Progressive Spin on Alinsky style arguing points.

Look, the concept is very easy to grasp and understand.

The people who are here illegally need to return to their country of origin. Period!!
If the Federal Govt would actually enforce the law, then the State would not have to intervene.

Very simple. Obey the law.

Why is this so hard to grasp?

My god what the hell is wrong with this lack of understanding?

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by DRAZIW

OK, I believe I am getting confused here. After all, I'm just a dumb ol' redneck. So let me make sure I understand you...
  • Illegal immigration spurs the economy more than people buying products. Criminals as well boost the economy. Sick people boost the economy. Disaster boosts the economy.

• People working for a living and buying things they need/want depress the economy.

• Ergo, criminals should be free to stimulate the economy, and non-criminals should be jailed so they don't drain the economy?

• Ergo, open borders actually improve the economy. So why, in this time of unprecedented illegal immigration, is the economy in such a bad shape?

• Ergo, the best people to have are the sick immigrant criminals.

Never mind trying to explain that after all. I don't think my sanity could stand the attempt.

Sorry, the illegals don't get the subsidized food.

Excuse me? Yes, they do! They do it all the time! Food stamps are not denied (well, not until this law) on the basis of immigrant status.

Remember, illegal immigration has been going on since America was founded. It's not a recent phenomena. There has never been an America without illegals. Every 7 years or so, the Government passes an "amnesty" law that makes all those illegals legal, at least those that have been here more than 7 years. America has been "growing on illegal immigration". That's why it's so prosperous, or was. It's only about 7 years ago that the US started this anti-immigration campaign, and the country started to fall.

I know of only one such amnesty bill in history:

As the nation's attention turns back to the fractured debate over immigration, it might be helpful to remember that in 1986, Ronald Reagan signed a sweeping immigration reform bill into law. It was sold as a crackdown: There would be tighter security at the Mexican border, and employers would face strict penalties for hiring undocumented workers.

But the bill also made any immigrant who'd entered the country before 1982 eligible for amnesty — a word not usually associated with the father of modern conservatism.
Source: www.npr.org...

2011 - 1986 = 26 years, not 7.

Nice math.

America is like a car, "immigration" is the accelerator, and "taxation" is the break.

While I will agree that taxation is a brake on the economy, I fail to understand how illegal immigration is the accelerator? Care to explain the logic (or lack thereof) behind this statement?

I'm one of the very few people who know how things work.

I can believe you are one of the very few who actually can follow the twists in your logic...

Not so irrelevant as you think.

Then perhaps you can explain how the education system in China is relevant to an illegal immigration law in Alabama?

You do read your posts, right?

Right?

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman

The people who are here illegally need to return to their country of origin. Period!!

But, if all the illegals return to their lands, only Native American Indians would be left ! Period!

If the Federal Govt would actually enforce the law, then the State would not have to intervene.

Very simple. Obey the law.

The Federal Govt is enforcing the law, as far as reasonably possible.

Why is this so hard to grasp?

My god what the hell is wrong with this lack of understanding?

The problem is that you only want "certain laws" enforced. You only want people to obey "certain laws".

The Federal Govt is concerned with "all law."

It is possible to use technology to ensure that every individual obeys all laws.

But, you have to understand that the concept of "LIBERTY" which is written into the US constitution, requires that every law written can be broken. So there has to be some "moderation" in the application of enforcement. Otherwise, the society will become oppressive to all, and there will be LIBERTY FOR NONE.

Since the Fed officials are sworn to uphold the US Constitution, they cannot take away the individual's LIBERTY.

I know it may seem complicated to you, but if and when the constitution is violated, and the microchip is implanted to track everyone and make them follow all law, then you'll remember these words....

"We the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America."

And I've just met my quota. I'm done here. You figure out the rest.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by DRAZIW

Ok, watch both these vids and then tell me you are for open borders and illegal immigration!!!!!
If you still think the same way then there is no hope for you. In the first you will see that there is no possible way for us to be able to afford unchecked numbers.

In the second you will see extreme tradgedy because of illegals in our Country. Very powerful vid.

edit on 14-10-2011 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-10-2011 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by DRAZIW

But, you have to understand that the concept of "LIBERTY" which is written into the US constitution, requires that every law written can be broken. So there has to be some "moderation" in the application of enforcement. Otherwise, the society will become oppressive to all, and there will be LIBERTY FOR NONE.

Since the Fed officials are sworn to uphold the US Constitution, they cannot take away the individual's LIBERTY.

I know it may seem complicated to you, but if and when the constitution is violated, and the microchip is implanted to track everyone and make them follow all law, then you'll remember these words....

"We the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America."

You need to read a bit farther in the Constitution

Section. 8. (4th line down) To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization, and uniform Laws on the subject of Bankruptcies throughout the United States;

Section. 9. The Migration or Importation of such Persons as any of the States now existing shall think proper to admit, shall not be prohibited by the Congress prior to the Year one thousand eight hundred and eight, but a Tax or duty may be imposed on such Importation, not exceeding ten dollars for each Person.

Congress has established a uniform Rule of Naturalization, this is the LAW and those not adhering to that Rule are breaking that law.

I have to say though it costs a lot more than ten dollars per person legally immigrating, it's more like a couple of thousand.

See DRAZIW there is one thing you aren't taking into consideration in your arguments. There are many legal US Citizens with foreign born spouses, or relatives that have gone through and are going through the legal immigration process and adhering to the law to be able to live in the US with their loved ones. This is a very expensive, and long, stressful, emotional process. And that process is not always successful, some US Citizens have been left with no alternative but to leave the US to be allowed to live with their spouses and loved ones.

For someone adhering to the US immigration laws, undocumented entry by their foreign born loved one is grounds for a ban of up to 10 years, and fairly hefty fee's to request a waiver of that ban which is by no means guaranteed. If their foreign born loved one has worked in the US without a work permit that is grounds for a permanent ban from the US, and again fairly hefty fee's to request a waiver of that ban, which is by no means again guaranteed.

What you are proposing, is that those who are not US Citizens, who are not attempting to adhere to law, be rewarded and elevated above those US Citizens and their foreign born spouses who are attempting to adhere to the law. Where is that right in any way shape or form.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by DRAZIW

Same blah blah blah crap.
More Progressive drivel.
Sorry, but no, you fail.
Nice try.

Redneck, he supports Keynesian economics. It as clear as the Sun will rise in the East and set in the West.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Interesting that DRAZIW has suddenly gone quiet.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by DRAZIW

Nope, that has exactly the opposite effect, less jobs available per person. And according to your absurd logic, Africa should be an economic paradise right now, plenty of hungry rapidly increasing population there.

Jobs are created by those willing to spend.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I'm not American I'm Australian but ffs who gives a # about their human rights. They are in your country illegally and this is a great deterrant to keeping the filth where it belongs.

I just wish that our government in Australia would do something about the thousands of boats that arrive here every year.

top topics

<< 17  18  19   >>

join