Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

'No papers, no water’: The sign denying basic services to Alabama’s illegal residents.

page: 1
35
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join
+4 more 
posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Is Water a Basic Human Right? Damn right it is!

This is absolutely a denial of human rights. No water because you are not a resident? The new law is titled HB56 and goes further into denying BASIC HUMAN RIGHTS. The controversial state law also allows police to detain people suspected of being in the country illegally if they cannot show proper documentation when stopped by authorities for any reason.

So if you just look like you don't belong, you have no rights to avoid being stopped on the street. And what happens if you forgot your wallet at home? That's right...detained.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

Before anyone says that it makes sense because you cannot enter into a contract with the state without being a citizen, I will have to say that I have lived in 7 different Countries and have never been denied water.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Illegal immigrants in Alabama have been threatened with losing their water supply under the strict new law the Obama administration today tried to block.

Under Section 30 of the regulation, those who lack official proof of residence are barred from entering into a ‘business transaction’ with the ‘state or a political subdivision of the state’

While it is not clear exactly what state services these are, illegal immigrants have in some cases been told they will no longer be entitled when the law comes into force. Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...


And before people get on the illegal immigrant rant, YOU can also be denied water as a US citizen:

And American citizens who have recently moved to the state may be forced into a race against time to gain state documentation or face having their taps switched off by the Alabama Water Works. Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...


Peace




edit on 9-10-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)



+58 more 
posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

Before anyone says that it makes sense because you cannot enter into a contract with the state without being a citizen, I will have to say that I have lived in 7 different Countries and have never been denied water.



So go back to those countries then.

If you aren't a US citizen, and are illegally here, you should be deported or making your way back to country of origin.

Very simple. Don't feed the problem.



posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11
 



I got confused here Jude:




Obama is one of the most hated people in the World and he just keeps coming. Remember America, only you have the ability to stop him.



Illegal immigrants in Alabama have been threatened with losing their water supply under the strict new law the Obama administration today tried to block.



I don't think the law will work out as planned anyway, people will just set up services under fake or stolen identities.
edit on 9-10-2011 by boncho because: (no reason given)


+2 more 
posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman

Originally posted by jude11

Before anyone says that it makes sense because you cannot enter into a contract with the state without being a citizen, I will have to say that I have lived in 7 different Countries and have never been denied water.



So go back to those countries then.

If you aren't a US citizen, and are illegally here, you should be deported or making your way back to country of origin.

Very simple. Don't feed the problem.


As long as you're ok with the World looking at the US as another Human Rights Violator, it's all good I guess.

Illegal or not, we are all here on the same piece of dust and have to come to the point of denying those that would control our every right. Did you read the article? Even YOU can be denied your Basic Human Right to water as a US citizen.



posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by macman
 


What if they have children who are American citizens? Will we than take them from them because the home doesn't have basic human needs?

if they pay the bill, guess what, they are paying into the system, their money is going to company with in the US, they paid for a service they should get it.


+23 more 
posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

Originally posted by macman

Originally posted by jude11

Before anyone says that it makes sense because you cannot enter into a contract with the state without being a citizen, I will have to say that I have lived in 7 different Countries and have never been denied water.



So go back to those countries then.

If you aren't a US citizen, and are illegally here, you should be deported or making your way back to country of origin.

Very simple. Don't feed the problem.


As long as you're ok with the World looking at the US as another Human Rights Violator, it's all good I guess.

Illegal or not, we are all here on the same piece of dust and have to come to the point of denying those that would control our every right. Did you read the article? Even YOU can be denied your Basic Human Right to water as a US citizen.



I could care less what other countries think of the US.

And yes, I sure did. And I would have no problem coming up with the required documentation, if I wanted to be on the City Water Supply.

And stop the hysterics. It is not denying them water. It is denying them access to a City Supply.

Doesn't stop them from moving on to the next city, or strolling down to the store for water.


+18 more 
posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
reply to post by macman
 


What if they have children who are American citizens? Will we than take them from them because the home doesn't have basic human needs?

if they pay the bill, guess what, they are paying into the system, their money is going to company with in the US, they paid for a service they should get it.


Then I guess let the children provide documentation then.
And their parents should be deported, if illegal.

Paying or not, they aren't supposed to be here.


+35 more 
posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Let's see you walk into any utility company, try to open an account without some form of I.D. Even a U.S. Citizen must supply some type of valid I.D. to open an account for water, electricity...

ETA: Why should illegal people, not have to abide by the same rules I have to.
edit on 9-10-2011 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
Let's see you walk into any utility company, try to open an account without some form of I.D. Even a U.S. Citizen must supply some type of valid I.D. to open an account for water, electricity...


You're right.

In fact, anywhere I have lived I have had to show ID...but did not need to be a resident. I just showed my Country ID. and they were kind enough to turn on my water.

This law states that you must show resident papers. Not the same at all. Quite clear what it's all about...and it ain't the water.

Under Section 30 of the regulation, those who lack official proof of residence are barred from entering into a ‘business transaction’ with the ‘state or a political subdivision of the state’ Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...


+12 more 
posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11


This law states that you must show resident papers. Not the same at all. Quite clear what it's all about...and it ain't the water.

Under Section 30 of the regulation, those who lack official proof of residence are barred from entering into a ‘business transaction’ with the ‘state or a political subdivision of the state’ Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...


And the problem is what again?????

They should not be there.
Making it more difficult for illegals is the answer in making them return back to their lawful country.



posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
reply to post by jude11
 



I got confused here Jude:




Obama is one of the most hated people in the World and he just keeps coming. Remember America, only you have the ability to stop him.



Illegal immigrants in Alabama have been threatened with losing their water supply under the strict new law the Obama administration today tried to block.



I don't think the law will work out as planned anyway, people will just set up services under fake or stolen identities.
edit on 9-10-2011 by boncho because: (no reason given)


LOL...My mistake!

I was working on another thread and crossed the 2 open tabs.

Fixed.

Thanks Boncho.



posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
if they aren't paying the taxes then screw'em.


+21 more 
posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11
 


If you come here legally you get papers called a "Green Card" or an "Immigrants Visa" which you are required by law to carry on you at all times as an immigrant until the day you become a citizen. At which point you get your Citizens ID card (usually a passport and certificate stating you are a citizen). Yes this law is obvious who it is targeting Illegal Immigrants. Get them out of this country. Let them come here legally.

Not my problem if they can't get a job, a home, water, electricity, or anything as a Criminal. The statement of "Illegal immigrants are not second class citizens" is absolutely correct, They aren't citizens. They are Criminals.



posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by gougitousakusha
if they aren't paying the taxes then screw'em.


It is really not about paying taxes, nor a screw'em idea.

Taxes or not, if illegally here, they should not be HERE.

It is not about screw'em either. For that, please look back to that they should not be here.


+45 more 
posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I live in Alabama and the law is working exactly as its suppose too. A lot of illegals have left Alabama as soon as the law went into effect. Now there has been tons of ads for job openings in contruction and lawncare companies. The law is to make Alabama a state unfriendly to those who come here illegally since the federal government won't do its job.


+16 more 
posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by wardk28
I live in Alabama and the law is working exactly as its suppose too. A lot of illegals have left Alabama as soon as the law went into effect. Now there has been tons of ads for job openings in contruction and lawncare companies. The law is to make Alabama a state unfriendly to those who come here illegally since the federal government won't do its job.


Lets hope that more states follow suite.
An influx of new job openings, during a down economy is a great thing.
Getting Americans back to work is a good thing. Hope it continues.


+4 more 
posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by wardk28
 


Regretfully they are heading north into states like Tennessee, Arkansas, and Missouri. Hopefully mores states will pass those laws and get them further out of our state and up into the states that seem to be crying that we are being unfair. Then maybe they will stop crying about the problem not being their and start realizing the truth. Illegals take a lot of the jobs and homes that others could be doing.


+4 more 
posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
,” Brooks said. “We don’t have the money in America to keep paying for the education of everybody else’s children from around the world. We simply don’t have the financial resources to do that. Second, with respect to illegal aliens who are now leaving jobs in Alabama, that’s exactly what we want.”

www.politico.com...



posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by wardk28
I live in Alabama and the law is working exactly as its suppose too. A lot of illegals have left Alabama as soon as the law went into effect. Now there has been tons of ads for job openings in contruction and lawncare companies. The law is to make Alabama a state unfriendly to those who come here illegally since the federal government won't do its job.


This is how it should be. It's unfortunate the Federal Gov't won't do it's CONSTITUTIONAL job. I do hope this spreads like wildfire to all states. I can see it now....California will cease to be a state...maybe become Mexico V2.0


+13 more 
posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
They are damn right in denying basic service to illegals.

I have never understood this concept of treating illegals better than your own citizens. It doesn't make any sense. It's completely illogical.

Illegals should get no benefits whatsoever. You should make their stay in the US even worse than being in their own country. It's the only way to solve the problem.






top topics



 
35
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join