It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most underrated rapper ever

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Who is in your opinion the most underrated rapper ever? I personally believe that scarface is (not the movie). Scarface has been called "your favorite rapper's favorite rapper" because he has influenced rappers like Raekwon, Drake, Ludacris, Rick Ross, Freddie Gibbs, Jay-Z, 2Pac, Lil Wayne, Lil Scrappy, Young Buck, UGK, Method Man, T.I. and a lot of Houston Rappers such as Mike Jones, Slim Thug, Z-Ro, Lil Keke and Paul Wall. He has had at least three classics or at least five if you include his albums with the geto boys. Anyway do any of you agree with me about this or do think a different rapper is more underrated? I look forward to hearing your thoughts.
edit on 9-10-2011 by targeting because: typo

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by targeting

Really, Scarface?

I would name people like Kool G Rap, Rakim, Canibus, Elzhi, One Be Lo, Masta Ace, R.A The Rugged Man, AZ or Pharoahe Monch before I got to Scarface.

To answer your question, I think the most underrated MC as of right now would be Elzhi, hands down.
edit on 10/9/2011 by IEtherianSoul9 because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/9/2011 by IEtherianSoul9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I would agree that Elzhi hands down is one of the most, if not the most, underrated rapper of all time. This guy oozes skill, technically and creatively, his rhyme schemes are so complex and his flow is seamless.... like waves of perfection rolling off the tongue. He's been one of my favs since slum village and I really hope that one day his name is in the forefront of the game.....

I believe Elzhi could hold his own with the likes of Eminem, Royce, Crooked I, Jay-Z, Common... pretty much any of the big names out there right now.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
appologies - but i dont rate rappers - bot encountered on worth rating

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Immortal Technique hands down.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by IEtherianSoul9

I agree that elzhi is the most underrated of today's rappers. Elmatic is one of my two favorite albums released this year. I still can't decide which is better, section.80 or elmatic. I disagree about rakim being underrated though. If you ask hip hop heads who the greatest rapper many of them would mention Rakim. R.A. the rugged man is great though. His verse on uncommon valor is one of the greatest of all time in my opinion. That verse literally made my jaw drop first time I heard it.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Immortal technique
And Jedi mind tricks...vinny Paz

The music has nothing to do with women in g strings, bling, rims and cars.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   

I would say myself, but that's just my oppinion. If you'd like, click on the youtube video in my signature and tell me what you think.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by navione
Immortal technique
And Jedi mind tricks...vinny Paz

The music has nothing to do with women in g strings, bling, rims and cars.

So just because their music isn't about those things they're automatically better? Don't be ignorant. Besides if you've heard to the geto boys album "resurrection" then you would know that that's not what their music is about at all. Scarface raps about the same thing that raekwon does on "only built 4 cuban linx...". Are you seriously going to try to tell me that only built 4 cuban linx isn't a classic just because of the subject matter? 2pac, biggie jay z, n.w.a. and many other hip hop greats rapped about those things too. Are you going to try to tell me that 2pac isn't an incredible rapper?
edit on 9-10-2011 by targeting because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by supermanning

I would say myself, but that's just my oppinion. If you'd like, click on the youtube video in my signature and tell me what you think.

I wouldn't say you're the most underrated of all time, but you're really good. I really like your voice. Great lyricism too. I commented, liked, and Favorited the video.
edit on 9-10-2011 by targeting because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   

well that's a very fair statement. Thank you. Maybe I just feel like I am the most under rated. lol

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Del the funky homosapien

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Are you saying 2pac ,jay z or biggie are under rated ? I thought this thread was about under rated rappers.
As far a ghetto boys I was never a big fan I actually went to Sunday school with bushwick bill.
At the time I was a little to young to really understand the lyrics and I have not listened to any off there stuff from past or present.

But as far as under rated rappers , guys or girls that don't get the air play or big record deals
Immortal,jedi mind. ..

By the way giving my opinion no matter who I would have said including vanilla ice...has nothing to do with ignorance it's my opinion..

That's why opinions are like &:;@ holes everyone has one and no body thinks theres stinks...

So save the personal attacks my friend..

Have a great day.

link   

Big K.R.I.T... if you've never heard him go check him out.
Edited to include some samples:

edit on 9-10-2011 by Watts because: (no reason given)

link   
I grew up on Redman and always felt like people never truly appreciated just how sick his flow was. If I had to pick one who was truly underrated though I would say Jean Grae. She is one baaaaaad mofo and could rap circles around many of her male counterparts let alone these pink haired, spread legged hacks that are supposed to represent females in the rap game nowadays.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Anyone here heard of Busdriver? Underground and underrated.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by irsuccubus

Yeeaaa... Jean Grae is a good pick too! Hella underrated!!! She's one of my favorite people in general, her personality and intelligence is brilliant, I slightly crush on her.

I love her spirit. She'll give you a regular good laugh on twitter too lol

edit on 9-10-2011 by Watts because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Absco

in a weird way he almost sounds like Tech N9ne.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoClue206
Immortal Technique hands down.

You got it!

Check this out, too:

edit on 9-10-2011 by josh2009s because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-10-2011 by josh2009s because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Papoose, Lupe Fiasco, Immortal Technique, Sean Price - the most underrated ever

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join