It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TPTB-Elite-NWO will now be known as SCUM!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
A recent impromptu survey here on ATS' NWO forum has determined that using the acronym TPTB and Elite is to be no more and will now be known as SCUM!
edit on 8-10-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Done. Let me premiere the word.

The scum need to be removed from positions of power.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

Not so sure I like the word SCUM. You see even scum when ran through the sewage system can be cleaned and reused. When you flush the toilet it goes to the sewer, and then goes to to the sewage plant, is treated, and rendered no longer dangerous. so part of the SCUM is actually cleansed!
I am not so sure any of the Elite or TPTB could ever be cleansed of anything. The word SCUM is too good.
A word is needed that is succinct and final. One that does not allow for any end result other than totally final.
SCUM is not one of those words. And it should be a word that is not actually profane. Well now; we have a dilemma.
Seems there is no word in any spoken language that can be used to describe them. Perhaps
Un-people? No such word? not sure, but then again there is no word that can truly represent what and who these
Un-People are.
O Well I suppose SCUM is as good as any.
DH

edit on 8-10-2011 by DavidsHope because: lapse of memory while on Uranus

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
That would make a great comic book story evil terrorist organization.

S.C.U.M.

Maybe it already exists, who knows?

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
People tend to label things they fear. Instead of bickering over semantics why not try to actually do something actively about it.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by DavidsHope

Not so sure I like the word SCUM. You see even scum when ran through the sewage system can be cleaned and reused. When you flush the toilet it goes to the sewer, and then goes to to the sewage plant, is treated, and rendered no longer dangerous. so part of the SCUM is actually cleansed!
I am not so sure any of the Elite or TPTB could ever be cleansed of anything. The word SCUM is too good.
A word is needed that is succinct and final. One that does not allow for any end result other than totally final.
SCUM is not one of those words. And it should be a word that is not actually profane. Well now; we have a dilemma.
Seems there is no word in any spoken language that can be used to describe them. Perhaps
Un-people? No such word? not sure, but then again there is no word that can truly represent what and who these
Un-People are.
O Well I suppose SCUM is as good as any.
DH

edit on 8-10-2011 by DavidsHope because: lapse of memory while on Uranus

Well, they don't share our world view as part of the collective.
We should call them by their name; Impostors.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr. Strange
People tend to label things they fear. Instead of bickering over semantics why not try to actually do something actively about it.

People tend to label everything they think about. It helps communication and allows greater focus on the finer details.

What can be done legally and reasonably other than to communicate about what we think about?
We can find a better world through diplomatic means of action than through "forceful physical action", if that's what you refer to.

Creating a situation where people get hurt isn't my idea of "change", much more like 'more of the same'.

My personal goal is to see to it that things develop into a situation where people actually don't get hurt for once. I know it's a pie in the sky but I guess you can call me overly idealistic.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Names are for easing languages, labels are for people who can't be bothered to learn actual face behind the mask.

As for your idealism, its cute. I remember what it was like to be young and idealistic. People are getting hurt, and will get hurt. No real change comes without bloodshed. You want your "scum" gone? Be prepared to do something about it besides just talk.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by loveguy

Well, they don't share our world view as part of the collective.
We should call them by their name; Impostors.

The collective's view is that it doesn't want to be a collective.

People prefer individual Liberty and the natural human rights and seek fair economic principals.

Don't mistake this as being a loophole for scum to sneak through, it's not, it's the very trap waiting to capture them. They have stolen almost all of what they have, and therefore their property rights are based upon the theft and trampling of the property rights of many others, and thus illegitimate business activity.

They only want Justice.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr. Strange

Be prepared to do something about it besides just talk.

Actually the best action is no action, I will explain.

We actually vote with our $$$, and when we buy a product we are saying "I agree with how this company runs it's business", and so purchasing said products is an action and a vote in favor of something.

By choosing to not purchase these products, a true message is sent $$$ and this actually gives the people far more political leverage than a mere protest would. A boycott is far more powerful, although it may not appear to be so at first glance.

All I have to do is nothing, and the system starts slowing down a bit, the bottom line isn't as awesome as it would have been because they have one less customer. It makes a difference, especially considering a few others might start feeling this way too. If just one person heard me rant about it, and they decided "I'm not shopping with this X corporation anymore", because of what they do to children in other nations or whatever, it does indeed make a real difference. The only difference that matters, $$$.

And talking about not spending $$$ is free, although I concede that typing about it on the Internet isn't free it costs a penny an hour or so. That's still arguably very cheap.
edit on 8-10-2011 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Dude,
Your giving scum a bad name.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Wow.

SCUM is a radical feminist book advocating physically erasing the male gender.

SCUM manifesto Wiki

The SCUM Manifesto is a radical feminist[1] tract written in 1967[2][3] by Valerie Solanas. According to Prof. Ginette Castro, Solanas "recommended the gradual elimination of all males".[4] According to reviewer Claire Dederer, "[t]he Manifesto is a call to rid the planet of men."[5]

Yikes!

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
While I appreciate your attempt to give TPTB a more descriptive and appropriate name, I have to disagree with you when you say that these forums are the only places where the term is used.

I was on the phone arguing with BOA one Saturday when I asked to talk to the head supervisor. The man I was speaking with actually said "I'm sorry, but the powers that be are not here on the weekends."

I wish I had evidence of this, but you'll just have to take my word for it.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Going for the long con I see. Yes given enough like-minded people and enough time (years if not decades) companies would begin to notice their profits slipping.

Something needs to happen a lot sooner then that. Bullets change governments far surer than votes.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Scheming
Conniving
Unrepentant
Maggots

SCUM

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
SPINELESS
CORPORATE
ULTERIOR
MOTIVES

those bastards

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   
TPTB is a perfect definition because it incorporates the different sectors involved.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Sorry but SCUM has already been taken. It is used to describe everything associated with Arsenal FC.

edit on 9-10-2011 by MrHappyman989 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr. Strange

Pointless, childish semantics.

The 'scum', 'NWO', 'TPTB' or whoever have nothing to fear from kids sitting at home infront of their laptops trying to create labels to call things.

I find this quite pathetically funny actually.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
What does TPTB actually stand for?

I never got it. It isn't "the powers to be" is it.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join