It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

35% of Palestinians Prefer Israeli Citizenship over Statehood - Article by Michael Ireland

page: 1
4
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
35% against Statehood. 35% for Statehood. 30% silent on issue. If true, this leads me to believe that the Palestinians are being used for political gain by the Arabs. From their own speeches and rhetoric, their aim is the destruction of Israel and then the domination of the world under Islamic rule. We need to wake up to this in the West and see it for what it is. Israel stands as our only beacon of hope in this region. Nothing about this issue is easy and there are two sides to every story. Comments?

As a believer in biblical foreknowledge, everything the Bible has stated about this coming time of trouble in Israel is coming happening before our eyes.


Schartel writes that Hilsden cited a recent survey conducted in partnership with Israel’s Council on Foreign Relations, which found that 35 percent of Jerusalem’s Arab residents would prefer to remain Israeli citizens -- and even more would be willing to relocate if their neighborhoods became part of a Palestinian state.

“It’s a message that most of the world is not hearing,” says Hilsden. “And the fact that Palestinians themselves, for the most part, are not overwhelmingly supportive of Palestinian state should tell the rest of the world that maybe a Palestinian state is not the answer to this problem.”

Of the remaining Arab residents surveyed by the council, 30 percent wish to live under a Palestinian state, and 35 percent would not provide responses, Schartel reports.

But, according to Schartel, Hilsden, who has lived in Jerusalem since 1983, says it’s the last segment -- those who won’t respond -- that proves how complex this issue really is.

Schartel writes that Hilsden says Arab pastors who work closely within the Palestinian territories have found the majority of Arabs would rather be under Israeli rule, but many are afraid to publicly side with the Jewish nation.


LINK to Story


edit on 8-10-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)




posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Used by the Arabs?

Don't you mean used by everyone with an agenda?



posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperiorEd
 




Israel stands as our only beacon of hope in this region.


I disagree with most of your post. But the snippet I quoted really stands out. Your statement couldn't be any more incorrect.



posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Rubbish.. Unless the attitudes of palestinians have drastically changed since the last time I was in that part of the world.. I smell the stench of israeli propaganda ... After how many palestinians have been murdered in cold blood by israeli's , how many are imprisioned, tortured or just disappear at israeli hands... The last thing palestinians want is israeli citizenship..



posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperiorEd
 



It's all an Evil CIA, Mi5, Mossad, KGB, DVD, VHS and PTA attempt at dis-info!

Nothing the Palestinians themselves think is really worth noting! As long as Tehran and Riyadh are calling their conflicting and convoluted shots!


Just an observation!

edit on 8-10-2011 by SLAYER69 because: Added Mossad



posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
reply to post by SuperiorEd
 




Israel stands as our only beacon of hope in this region.


I disagree with most of your post. But the snippet I quoted really stands out. Your statement couldn't be any more incorrect.


It's aggravating when comments like this are made with no context. Are you wrong? Are you right? How would we know? I provided a link and a story with quotes and data from a survey that is measurable. What did you provide for us to consider that is verifiable and measurable? You do know that Israel is the only democracy in the region? Nearly all others are autocratic, oppressive, and undemocratic regimes. Please allow us the benefit of your full viewpoint.

Is the map below a lie?

MAP



edit on 8-10-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by SuperiorEd
 




It's aggravating when comments like this are made with no context.


I find it irritating when people lie and spread propaganda. So I guess we are even. My Post was short, but to the point. It needs not to be explained, it's quite clear. You said Israel "Israel stands as our only beacon of hope in this region." Which is clearly a lie. Does this appear to be the actions of "our only beacon of hope in this region."?





Muslim nations criticize Israel over nukes

I could post videos and links all day proving that Israel is an apartheid state that is nothing close to a beacon of truth. This ATS, your propaganda will not work here. Just stop it!



I provided a link and a story with quotes and data from a survey that is measurable.


Your link did not support your statements in your OP. It did not indicate that Israel is a beacon of truth. At least the links and videos I contributed support my argument. You have brought lies and propaganda.



Is the map below a lie?


Yes, it is a lie. Is the map below a lie?

MAP

Yeah, Israeli citizenship is exactly what the Palestinians want



posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed
 




superiored.blogspot.com...


For every video you can show, I can call you with one more that shows the opposite perspective. Each nation clings to hatred of one sort or another. There is a paradox that is resolved by knowing one third perspective: Hate cannot dispel hate. Only love dispels hatred. Christ came with this message. For the Jews, He is the savior they will eventually wake to. For the Arabs, He is their messenger with the message of loving enemies.

LINK

LINK



posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by SuperiorEd
 




More propaganda! Thanks for sharing. It's a blog Ed. Thanking for helping prove my point. Israeli apologists never have any factual evidence that holds any water. If I would have used a blog to support my argument you would have claimed that it is a biased source.

I know deep down you know that Israel is nothing close to a beacon of truth. If anything it is a beacon of lies, oppression, and terrorism. The Zionist regime in Israel are no better than the Nazis who they try so hard to distance themselves from at all costs. But in reality, they are the modern day Nazis.



posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
reply to post by SuperiorEd
 




More propaganda! Thanks for sharing. It's a blog Ed. Thanking for helping prove my point. Israeli apologists never have any factual evidence that holds any water. If I would have used a blog to support my argument you would have claimed that it is a biased source.

I know deep down you know that Israel is nothing close to a beacon of truth. If anything it is a beacon of lies, oppression, and terrorism. The Zionist regime in Israel are no better than the Nazis who they try so hard to distance themselves from at all costs. But in reality, they are the modern day Nazis.


I have been clear in all my threads to say that this issue has two sides. I will always side with the nation that calls for two states and seeks to honor, preserve and defend its own people. The nation that seeks to steal, kill and destroy cannot have my vote of confidence. Israel is on the right side and always has been if you know the correct history.

Does Israel have a right to exist? Not according to the Arabs. Do the Palestinians have a right to exist and have a state? According to Israel, the answer is yes. They have always encouraged it.




posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by SuperiorEd
 


ya, it's all fake.


pali's want to be bombed coz of theses idiots in charge.


they want all the sanctions.


they really want to be in a perpetual state of war.


and they just go along with the whole thing coz there won't be any backlash if they say, "hey! WTF?"



posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by SuperiorEd
 


A poll of Palestinians done by Israel...

I'm sure that's unbiased and accurate..



posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by SuperiorEd
 




I have been clear in all my threads to say that this issue has two sides.


Finally we agree on something




I will always side with the nation that calls for two states and seeks to honor, preserve and defend its own people.


Well, that must mean you support Palestine




The nation that seeks to steal, kill and destroy cannot have my vote of confidence.


Yeah, I don't blame you for not having any confidence in Israel, considering they are a terrorist state that is constantly stealing land against the wishes of their neighbors and allies. Their plans to annex East Jerusalem, build 1,600 new settler homes, killing of civilians certainly prove that Israel has no intention of a peaceful resolution for those sub-human Palestinians.

Glad to see we agree.
edit on 9-10-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by SuperiorEd
 



I will always side with the nation that calls for two states and seeks to honor, preserve and defend its own people. The nation that seeks to steal, kill and destroy cannot have my vote of confidence. Israel is on the right side and always has been if you know the correct history.


Be fair, you're killing me with laughter..
Israel was TOTALLY against a Palestine state just last week in the UN..

Do I need to give you links??



posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by SuperiorEd
 


I have been following your thread since yesterday. I had difficulty believing the claims in your OP. The results are questionable. I felt the need to respond after reading the recent replies.

You are making some outrageous claims and using blogs and biased websites to help back up your story.

This is not an honourable way to behave on an internet forum discussing such an important subject. Please forgive us for being against your statements, but please also expect to be called out on your incorrect statements. I have seen some members make some points to counter your arguments and all you do is sidestep around these posts.

Do you have any other sources for the poll in your OP? I would also like to hear a bit more how you came to the conclusion that Israel are in the right. You seem very biased, and refuse to acknowledge the actions of Israel that truly indicate it is not a real democracy.



posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by SuperiorEd
 


Here is another article that would contradicts Palestinians wanting to become Israeli citizens.

Israel and those "real democratic rights"




In his speech to Congress on 24 May 2011 Israeli Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu boasted that "Of the 300 million Arabs in the Middle East and North Africa, only Israel’s Arab citizens enjoy real democratic rights". This is, of course, a variation on the oft-cited claim that Israel is "the only democracy in the Middle East". Leaving aside places like Lebanon and now potentially Tunisia and Egypt, one can ask just how "real" are these democratic rights Netanyahu claims for Israel’s Arabs?

Here is some recent evidence that speaks to this question.

1. At the end of September 2011 the Israeli government announced "a plan to displace 30,000 native Bedouin Arabs [all of whom are Israeli citizens] ... from their homes [in the Negev]". This would constitute "the biggest dispossession plan of Palestinians issued by Israel since 1948. It would forcibly relocate about half of the Bedouin population from their existing villages, which are older than the State of Israel itself..."

Why should Israel do this to the Bedouin? Is it to facilitate their enjoyment of their "real democratic rights"? Well, not quite. According to the head of the Regional Council of Ramat Ha-Negev, a Zionist settlement in the region, the reason goes like this:

I want the Negev to be Jewish... Jewish settlement must grow, must continue... What do you mean by “they [the Bedouin] also have rights”! You know what – after all this, it is no longer possible to conceal the core problem, which is the struggle over the land. Who does this land belong to – us or them?

2. At the beginning of October 2011 leaders of the Jewish settler movement announced their intention "to turn Palestinian population centres into another Srebrenica". This was their reaction to the prospect of international recognition of a Palestinian state. Initiating Balkan-style killing fields would represent a marked escalation of ongoing lower level terror tactics which have seen the destruction of Palestinian crops, the harassment of Palestinian adults and children, the practice of arson against mosques and the occasional outright murder. While this threat was directed mainly at the Palestinians of the West Bank, the Israelis are bound by international law to see to their civil rights as well. And since Netanyahu’s vaunted claim implies Israel’s civilized, law-abiding status relative to the Arab states, that Palestinian population must be taken account of.

To show the extent of their respect for the rights of the Palestinians, settler rabbis have evoked the memory of their American-Israeli "saint and hero," Barach Goldstein, whose claim to lasting fame is the massacre of Muslims at prayer in Hebron back in 1994. And, there has been much recapitulating of the message delivered in October 2010 by "the spiritual leader of Shas, the powerful religious political party ... that the status of non-Jews is similar to that of beasts of burden..." And just how many "real democratic rights" do the animals of Israel have?

3. Just in case you think that these threats are hyperbole, take a look at reports and video on the recent pogrom-like violence near the settlement of Anatot. On 30 September 2011 Palestinians along with Israeli allies came to help a Palestinian farmer plant trees on land he owns near the settlement. They were attacked and beaten by settlers some of whom were armed policemen. The attackers have been accurately described as "nearly a lynch-mob". Then on 3 October 2011 a mosque in the upper Galilee village of Tuba-Zangariyye was set on fire by arsonists who left behind the message "Price Tag". This is a terrorist tactic used by Israeli right-wing extremists. Every time the Israeli government gets in the way of their racist and expansionist ambitions (which really is not often enough) they retaliate with acts of terror against Palestinians.
Woeful ignorance


I will admit this source of mine is somewhat biased, but rightfully so. At least the logic the writer uses is truthful and applicable to reality.



posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
reply to post by SuperiorEd
 


A poll of Palestinians done by Israel...

I'm sure that's unbiased and accurate..


Could be. I am sure there are other polls out there. I would be curious to see the results of a poll when the people were not under threat of death by their leadership for crossing the leaders. Israeli citizens can openly protest with no fear of death. This could be one reason for the poll results as presented. Is it possible this is more accurate than you might imagine?



edit on 9-10-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
reply to post by SuperiorEd
 



I will always side with the nation that calls for two states and seeks to honor, preserve and defend its own people. The nation that seeks to steal, kill and destroy cannot have my vote of confidence. Israel is on the right side and always has been if you know the correct history.


Be fair, you're killing me with laughter..
Israel was TOTALLY against a Palestine state just last week in the UN..

Do I need to give you links??


Israel called for negotiations and has offered concessions repeatedly. Do the Palestinians or Arabs still call for the death of all Israelis? Do they support Israel being in the land at all. We are all aware that Muslims are called by their faith to lie if it suits their cause. The Qur'an condones this. Am I incorrect? Is this how God sees truth? Not hardly.



posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Truth4Thought
reply to post by SuperiorEd
 


I have been following your thread since yesterday. I had difficulty believing the claims in your OP. The results are questionable. I felt the need to respond after reading the recent replies.

You are making some outrageous claims and using blogs and biased websites to help back up your story.

This is not an honourable way to behave on an internet forum discussing such an important subject. Please forgive us for being against your statements, but please also expect to be called out on your incorrect statements. I have seen some members make some points to counter your arguments and all you do is sidestep around these posts.

Do you have any other sources for the poll in your OP? I would also like to hear a bit more how you came to the conclusion that Israel are in the right. You seem very biased, and refuse to acknowledge the actions of Israel that truly indicate it is not a real democracy.


It is simple. Answer this question: Would peace come if all parties used mercy, forgiveness and loving-kindness to each other? Where do we find this message? Who do we see sending rockets to rain down on Israel through the years? Who do we see defending itself against such attacks? Israel has the might and power to end this at any times. To suggest that they are in the wrong is to call good evil and evil good. We need not take any side besides truth.

Christ message was love for your enemies in Luke 10. The Christians have this correct. The entire Bible says to support Israel. Again, we are siding with the correct view of aligning with freedom and democracy.

Flip this to the false perspective and we see those who seek hatred and the destruction of Israel. Remember that Israel has the power today to take out the other side but have restrained themselves. If the Muslims could do it, they would wipe Israel, take over France and then continue to all nations. This is their stated goal. Do you side with this goal, or do you side with the truth of loving others and seeking peace? It is not too hard to see the difference. Love or hate. Which is the way to peace?


edit on 9-10-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
A good counter-perspective to consider. There are always two sides to every story, as I indicated in the OP. As I have stated, I side with truth only. The truth has nothing to do with who is right and who is wrong among the nations. Truth has to do with the truth of right and wrong with the human heart. Love is the answer.




Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
reply to post by SuperiorEd
 


Here is another article that would contradicts Palestinians wanting to become Israeli citizens.

Israel and those "real democratic rights"




In his speech to Congress on 24 May 2011 Israeli Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu boasted that "Of the 300 million Arabs in the Middle East and North Africa, only Israel’s Arab citizens enjoy real democratic rights". This is, of course, a variation on the oft-cited claim that Israel is "the only democracy in the Middle East". Leaving aside places like Lebanon and now potentially Tunisia and Egypt, one can ask just how "real" are these democratic rights Netanyahu claims for Israel’s Arabs?

Here is some recent evidence that speaks to this question.

1. At the end of September 2011 the Israeli government announced "a plan to displace 30,000 native Bedouin Arabs [all of whom are Israeli citizens] ... from their homes [in the Negev]". This would constitute "the biggest dispossession plan of Palestinians issued by Israel since 1948. It would forcibly relocate about half of the Bedouin population from their existing villages, which are older than the State of Israel itself..."

Why should Israel do this to the Bedouin? Is it to facilitate their enjoyment of their "real democratic rights"? Well, not quite. According to the head of the Regional Council of Ramat Ha-Negev, a Zionist settlement in the region, the reason goes like this:

I want the Negev to be Jewish... Jewish settlement must grow, must continue... What do you mean by “they [the Bedouin] also have rights”! You know what – after all this, it is no longer possible to conceal the core problem, which is the struggle over the land. Who does this land belong to – us or them?

2. At the beginning of October 2011 leaders of the Jewish settler movement announced their intention "to turn Palestinian population centres into another Srebrenica". This was their reaction to the prospect of international recognition of a Palestinian state. Initiating Balkan-style killing fields would represent a marked escalation of ongoing lower level terror tactics which have seen the destruction of Palestinian crops, the harassment of Palestinian adults and children, the practice of arson against mosques and the occasional outright murder. While this threat was directed mainly at the Palestinians of the West Bank, the Israelis are bound by international law to see to their civil rights as well. And since Netanyahu’s vaunted claim implies Israel’s civilized, law-abiding status relative to the Arab states, that Palestinian population must be taken account of.

To show the extent of their respect for the rights of the Palestinians, settler rabbis have evoked the memory of their American-Israeli "saint and hero," Barach Goldstein, whose claim to lasting fame is the massacre of Muslims at prayer in Hebron back in 1994. And, there has been much recapitulating of the message delivered in October 2010 by "the spiritual leader of Shas, the powerful religious political party ... that the status of non-Jews is similar to that of beasts of burden..." And just how many "real democratic rights" do the animals of Israel have?

3. Just in case you think that these threats are hyperbole, take a look at reports and video on the recent pogrom-like violence near the settlement of Anatot. On 30 September 2011 Palestinians along with Israeli allies came to help a Palestinian farmer plant trees on land he owns near the settlement. They were attacked and beaten by settlers some of whom were armed policemen. The attackers have been accurately described as "nearly a lynch-mob". Then on 3 October 2011 a mosque in the upper Galilee village of Tuba-Zangariyye was set on fire by arsonists who left behind the message "Price Tag". This is a terrorist tactic used by Israeli right-wing extremists. Every time the Israeli government gets in the way of their racist and expansionist ambitions (which really is not often enough) they retaliate with acts of terror against Palestinians.
Woeful ignorance


I will admit this source of mine is somewhat biased, but rightfully so. At least the logic the writer uses is truthful and applicable to reality.



new topics

top topics



 
4
<<   2 >>

log in

join