It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fighting Freemasonry?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Just wanted to share I was watching hdnet fights tonight and the ring side announcer mentions the square and compass on the shorts of a fellow freemason he then goes on to mention that the fighter was just promoted to 4th degree master mason. do the freemasons spinner fighters? Or is he just flying his flag?

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Huh...I watch fighting all the time and have never seen that..Interesting...So whats the big deal?

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I think the whole UFC and fighting craze was implemented to condition us to everyday violence, to treat it as normality..

There is nothing wrong with fighting, but do it for honor.. Not money and material BS. Its not about the girls, the Tapout shirts, the supplements.. I can't take it seriously. At all. I am sorry but half of the "fighters" that I see would obviously be taken to school by some of the more focused and holistic martial artists that I have seen.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by TWISTEDWORDS

I was not saying it was a big deal just found it interesting but the freemason did win a controversial decision lol the judges must be freemasons hahaha

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanJP

Men have been fighting each other for 10,000 years...whatever...

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by TWISTEDWORDS

Whatever?... You certainly seem to use that brain often. My apologies for contributing my thoughts and opinions to the thread, both of which were firmly rooted in said topic.

What, do you think that I am an idiot and was clueless as to the fact that we fight? All animals dispute. I am a hockey player, I love me a fight. I didn't demonize fighting, I gave it purpose and made my point clear in that it has use past fighting for money. It brings us together, and it builds the mind and body in many aspects. I just don't think that the current exploitation of the medium is noble, it is actually inane.

Don't come at me with your condenscending attitude. It just makes people look like jerks.
edit on 7-10-2011 by EvanJP because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvanJP
I think the whole UFC and fighting craze was implemented to condition us to everyday violence, to treat it as normality..

There is nothing wrong with fighting, but do it for honor.. Not money and material BS. Its not about the girls, the Tapout shirts, the supplements.. I can't take it seriously. At all. I am sorry but half of the "fighters" that I see would obviously be taken to school by some of the more focused and holistic martial artists that I have seen.

Check out Muay Thai, they don't get paid # loads, they only fight for glory, honour and tradition.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

Again, my point is not to be missed.

I just don't agree in the exploitation of the damned thing. That is all.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by thirdeyeflight
Just wanted to share I was watching hdnet fights tonight and the ring side announcer mentions the square and compass on the shorts of a fellow freemason he then goes on to mention that the fighter was just promoted to 4th degree master mason.
Master Mason is the 3rd degree, but when's the last time a commentator ever got anything right?

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Master Mason is 3rd degree. He is probably proud to have the logo on his shorts. Lot's of logos these days on fighters and adds etc. Seems he did what he intended to do is to get someone talking about him.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
I am getting a few tattoos done. The one I want would catch a few eyes if I went MMA or boxing.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by JoshNorton

the funny thing is that the commentator said he was a Mason. If he was would he not know that a master mason is the 3rd degree.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by KSigMason
I am getting a few tattoos done. The one I want would catch a few eyes if I went MMA or boxing.

Is it the one we talked about (I heart Auggie)?

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

Originally posted by KSigMason

Is it the one we talked about (I heart Auggie)?
No, rather than

“I Auggie”

I was thinking

“I Stompk”

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvanJP

Funny, I can't watch it for a similar reason. I know a dozen people or more that could step into the ring today and dominate. The majority of those guys have no killer instinct whatsoever. They strategize and look for submission holds, and wait for tactical advantages instead of just looking to get the other person out of the fight.

When I watch, it is so frustrating to see all the missed opportunities. I'm 37, and I've considered going to one of the local gyms and trying my luck, because I can't hardly stand to see a half-ass fight.

UFC

I would LOVE to see Tyson take on a UFC fighter though!!!

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by JoshNorton

At our Grand Lodge meetings a Past Master can attend an honorary 4th Degree. It is still a Master Mason Degree not an appendant body. It doesn't really change anything though, and I doubt this is what the commentator was speaking of. He was probably speaking the fighter beginning the Scottish Rites. Just a guess.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Good eye and ear, Op!

I'm wondering what the patch is on the back of his right leg. It seems to be something representing the new horizon with the sun rays extending outward. Do you know exactly what this patch is from? Is it some company who is endorsing him and his fighting career?

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by JoshNorton
I was thinking

“I Stompk”

I miss Steve.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

No. NetworkDude already had that one done.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
You're not technically supposed to "advertise" Masonry, but many Grand Lodges are changing that rule .. for instance over here the Grand Lodge decided it would be an awesome idea to put Masonic advertisements on city buses. Fools. I mean of all places to advertise for a prestigious institution ... city buses. I wrote the GL and advised we also advertise in public toilets ... I didn't get a response.

That being said .. he may or may not be a Mason because it's in the form of an advert. I can just see it now, local Lodges competing to get their logo on the best fighters first

reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

I miss Steve.

Don't worry, the cool Steve is still here..

top topics

<<   2 >>

join