It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What to do with Money?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Hypothetically:

You have say 10,000 to 15,000 dollars, cash in the bank, sitting there.

Global financial meltdown is on the doorstep. Do you:

A) Go buy a pocket full of gold coins
B) Holiday, spend and party, it will all be over soon any way
C) Invest in the falling market and make a killing (How do you even do this? I keep reading about people making millions from the crash, but HOW exactly do you do this?)
D) Put it in a box under the bed, you can't trust the banks.
E) Some other clever idea? I heard someone in the US purchased $1million worth of nickles. Apparently the metal in them is worth 6.8 cents each.

So what do people think? Where is it safe to put money these days? Is it going to be worth anything anyway, after the next collaps?

Questions question lol. Thanks for playing.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Well my partner and I made enough cash on our small investments during the last crash that we removed the capital and invested that in paying down some debts and most importantly making some improvements to our home, not for resale value add but rather comfort i.e adding another solid fuel fire and expanding the kitchen garden and having a short but very chilled holiday abroad.

What we have left invested is our profits and if it makes money that's good and if it is all lost, well that's not bad since it really wasn't ours to begin with.

Being secure in our home is more important than anything else.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   
I think you should think of a great economical investment and find private investors who will support you

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Shamatt

I'd say invest in property or land, providing it is the RIGHT location.

Personally, I'd use it as a poker bank roll and take it to Vegas. Start off in small buy-in tournies, only play with my profits (stick to business plan), and work my way up then start looking for sponsors.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   
I would make sure all was well on the home front first and foremost: have everything you need to survive well for a good year or so. Store up food and medicine above all. And if I had something left over, I would travel as much as I could... I think there will soon be a time when many of us will no longer have that option.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   
I personally will go to Stocks when market falls, that's the best time to make a lot of money with the economy at it's fall. Just sit back and relax and watch more money come in.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Shamatt

If the collapse was a sure thing and you were going to lose it why not buy a bunch of toys for kids who have nothing and do every good dead you dreamed about if money was not a issue. If I new for sure I was going to lose it I would rather bring some joy then have a bunch of crap I could not defend anyways.
edit on 7-10-2011 by Subjective Truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Subjective Truth
reply to post by Shamatt

If the collapse was a sure thing and you were going to lose it why not buy a bunch of toys for kids who have nothing and do every good dead you dreamed about if money was not a issue. If I new for sure I was going to lose it I would rather bring some joy then have a bunch of crap I could not defend anyways.

I like the idea. But I am pretty sure there will be life after the revolution lol.

I think if I had that sort of cash lying arround I'd be tempted to buy gold. I can't figure out how markets work.

top topics

join