It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook Logged-Out User Tracking Patent

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by answerisquestion
reply to post by Humint1

gave up trying to hide on the net...use my facebook for informing others about injustice mainly...if I have to put myself out there to get people to wake up so be it... here is another program that keeps facebook from tracking you it bounces your ip all over the place does not allow any cookies but you will keep having to confirm it is really you when you log in to facebook with a bunch of questions www.torproject.org...

I use TOR a lot when I don't want to be tracked, and even though it is slow as hell, you can get (almost) perfect anomity from it ..... if you are really paranoid, please note the (almost).... Lots of journalists and others that want to get information of of a country where it is totally unsafe for them to use normal internet, uses TOR, it is not perfect, but in my mind it is good enough for most anonymous things ..... and the best about it, is that you don't have to be a computer guru to use TOR
.... if you are a computer guru, there are other ways

edit on 7/10/2011 by Hellhound604 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Most of my friends are hooked on this Facebook drivel!
I can barely sit and have a conversation with them nowadays,without one turning to the others and saying,"have you lot checked this out on Facebook?"

I have tried warning them of the associated risks being linked to Facebook,but instead i am the one being looked upon as "weird" for not having an account!

Sometimes it's hard being surrounded by sheep!

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by UniverSoul
reply to post by Humint1

already got rid of my facebook account!

You're joking right? You got rid of your facebook account... Please tell us how you did this....

From my own personal experience this is impossible. You can't "get rid" of it. If you went back to face book and put in your password it would reactivate your account with everything you ever posted still intact.

You can't get rid of it by formatting you can't do anything. They store your information on their servers indefinitely. Check it out for yourself.
edit on 7-10-2011 by constantwonder because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by samlf3rd

and me! deleted mine today after they started deleting my posts...nice to see freedom of speech still exists.

< hugo from house of 1000 corpses
what a boss

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellhound604
I use TOR a lot when I don't want to be tracked, and even though it is slow as hell, you can get (almost) perfect anomity from it ..... if you are really paranoid, please note the (almost).... Lots of journalists and others that want to get information of of a country where it is totally unsafe for them to use normal internet, uses TOR, it is not perfect, but in my mind it is good enough for most anonymous things ..... and the best about it, is that you don't have to be a computer guru to use TOR
.... if you are a computer guru, there are other ways

edit on 7/10/2011 by Hellhound604 because: (no reason given)

Yeah, I was thinking about recommending TOR too. It's really good for when you need privacy, and can be integrated into firefox to activate with a single click. BetterPrivacy is more efficient and out of mind for LSO tracking though.

I'm actually kind of fond of the fact that it's slow. That makes it implausible for most forms of piracy(which is what most people into privacy are trying to cover up, unfortunately). So, I feel that supporting it is really supporting true privacy needs, and legitimate causes.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by constantwonder

i just deleted mine, type in how to delete facebook in google and its one of the first results

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Hellhound604

hm i don't know....i haven't tried deleting my ATS account....i think that mb whatever site you join or subscribe to, where you make posts, then all the information you have put out is kept anyways....im sure its all in cyberspace somewhere, whether you think you've deleted it all or not.....scary thought?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join